Showing results 1 to 25 of 276
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A. Dumas
Forum: Racing October 15th 10, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By A. Dumas
The CN staff are just messing with us now

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
On Oct 13, 5:44 am, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 13, 3:14 am, Anton Berlin wrote:
Assholes - you click on the link and it just adds to their CPM
count. Next time...
Forum: Racing October 9th 10, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By A. Dumas
What Price Winning?

DirtRoadie wrote:
On Oct 8, 4:57 pm, Plano Dude wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:43 pm, Brad Anders wrote:
Looks like the article has been yanked.
Forum: Racing October 6th 10, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By A. Dumas
2nd Failed Test Puts Heat on Contador

Fred Fredburger wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Which is why WADA has a maximum value for plasticizers

WADA doesn't have ****. The test isn't validated (yet).

By...
Forum: Racing October 6th 10, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Which is why WADA has a maximum value for plasticizers

WADA doesn't have ****. The test isn't validated (yet).
Forum: Racing October 6th 10, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By A. Dumas
Unfair-Alberto ties Lance for (virtual) wins if supsended fortwo years!

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
I want to know if they're testing everybody's blood
for plasticizers or if it's a test they only ran after the
first test came up positive.

The test is in the...
Forum: Racing October 5th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By A. Dumas
2nd Failed Test Puts Heat on Contador

Fred Flintstein wrote:
If I'm Christian Prudhomme I'm thinking about adopting the FIFA
model of doping control and taking it 100% in house. The Tour
has been moving in that direction so it...
Forum: Racing October 5th 10, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By A. Dumas
Unfair-Alberto ties Lance for (virtual) wins if supsended fortwo years!

Fred Flintstein wrote:
When they start testing for IV bags, something that isn't banned

It is. IV rehydration only allowable in special circumstances, to be
determined by a doctor. Ie. with a...
Forum: Racing October 5th 10, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By A. Dumas
tied for Bronze

--D-y wrote:
there was a tie for third.

Was there? Here are the two tyres crossing the line, from the official
finish photo: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nm0guu.jpg (I moved & mirrored one
of them to...
Forum: Racing October 2nd 10, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By A. Dumas
National teams and trade teams at Worlds

Overview of participants by country and trade team (2010 & 2011)
http://members.ziggo.nl/ted/cycling/wc2010/

Let me know about any errors you spot.
Forum: Racing October 1st 10, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By A. Dumas
Contador said...

Fred wrote:
The '400 times below' you talk about is that the findings were 400
times below what labs are typically expected to be able to detect if
they want to be certified.

40x, not 400x....
Forum: Racing September 30th 10, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By A. Dumas
RIP RAAM Fred #1

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Should note that Robic's fatal accident doesn't appear to have
anything to do with sleep deprivation, from the reports just
operator error and a blind curve.

Forum: Racing September 30th 10, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By A. Dumas
Riis screwed the pooch

Kurgan Gringioni schreef:
Who's gonna get the results for Riis now?

Porte.
Forum: Racing September 29th 10, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By A. Dumas
Racer's holiday recommendation

Anton Berlin wrote:
ROLF !!!

Lighten up, Victor.
Forum: Racing September 28th 10, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By A. Dumas
Who is Cav talking about here?

Fred wrote:
On Sep 28, 1:12 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Cavendish’s claimed that one specific team manager "tries to f**k with
me at every possible opportunity, which is ironic considering...
Forum: Racing September 28th 10, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By A. Dumas
Who is Cav talking about here?

bar wrote:
On Sep 28, 2:12 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-warns-his-world-championship-rivals
I can't figure out which manager or team he's referring...
Forum: Racing September 22nd 10, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By A. Dumas
So it has come to this

Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 9/22/2010 12:57 PM, A. Dumas wrote:
"Mark all read."

So me it is the large number of unread messages that disappear
into the filter.

Filtering is for...
Forum: Racing September 22nd 10, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By A. Dumas
So it has come to this

"Mark all read."
Forum: Racing September 19th 10, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 36
Posted By A. Dumas
W H E A T T H I N S ! ! ! ! !

Amit Ghosh wrote:
sports is cultural more than anything else. even though americans
supposedly have short attention spans football, which can be tedious
to watch and has pretty complicated...
Forum: Racing September 19th 10, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 36
Posted By A. Dumas
W H E A T T H I N S ! ! ! ! !

Uncle Dave wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
David Pelletier, the genius and force behind the Wheat Thins series
from the late 80s asked "Do you think we should try and do The Mayors
Forum: Racing September 18th 10, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 37
Posted By A. Dumas
The Last Word On Cadence And Heart Rate

Fred on a stick wrote:
One of the ways a PM helped me is in calibrating my RPE. My RPE is now
more reliable that it was before. Perhaps ironically, this means I can
sometimes do without the...
Forum: Racing September 18th 10, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 36
Posted By A. Dumas
Landis Statement

BLafferty wrote:
Statement by Floyd Landis 18 September 2010:

Source: blog of one of the organisers:
http://www.newcyclingpathway.com/news/blog/statement-by-floyd-landis-18-september-2010
Forum: Techniques September 18th 10, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By A. Dumas
The Last Word On Cadence And Heart Rate

Fred on a stick wrote:
On 9/16/2010 1:45 PM, Andy Coggan wrote:
Note that of the four, only the late Ed Burke put stock in the use of
heart rate monitors...

He died of a heart attack...
Forum: Racing September 18th 10, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

Fred on a stick wrote:
On 9/16/2010 1:45 PM, Andy Coggan wrote:
Note that of the four, only the late Ed Burke put stock in the use of
heart rate monitors...

He died of a heart attack...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By A. Dumas
I'm posting this before Brian???

BLafferty wrote:
What I think is irrelevant

Good point.
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 112
Posted By A. Dumas
Betsy Keeps Pulling Lance's Short Hairs

Brad Anders wrote:
On Sep 14, 9:00 pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Sep 14, 9:15 am, mtb Dad wrote:
Looks like they have some inspectors doing the right things:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 276