Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Will
Forum: General December 12th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By Will
So when do you replace your steel frame with an aluminum &/orcarbon one?

SMS wrote:

You probably should replace the Paramount with a Surly Long Haul
Trucker.

Why would you replace Columbus steel with 4130?

Seems to me the answer is to start collecting parts... so...
Forum: General October 27th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Will
So much for "Peak Oil"

On Oct 24, 11:37 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Don't worry, Peak Oil will come back, and sooner than later if we don't
pay attention to the early warning we got.

Peak oil...
Forum: UK September 6th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By Will
Why don't Americans ride bikes?

On Sep 6, 3:15 pm, "Jack May" wrote:

People typically choose the transportation mode with the lowest cost.

Which perfectly explains why they buy cheap Audis and BMW's and...
Forum: Rides September 6th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 69

On Sep 6, 3:15 pm, "Jack May" wrote:

People typically choose the transportation mode with the lowest cost.

Which perfectly explains why they buy cheap Audis and BMW's and...
Forum: Social Issues September 6th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87

On Sep 6, 3:15 pm, "Jack May" wrote:

People typically choose the transportation mode with the lowest cost.

Which perfectly explains why they buy cheap Audis and BMW's and...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 90

On Sep 6, 3:15 pm, "Jack May" wrote:

People typically choose the transportation mode with the lowest cost.

Which perfectly explains why they buy cheap Audis and BMW's and...
Forum: General August 23rd 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Will
Beginner bike tools

On Aug 23, 3:17 pm, Laura of San Diego wrote:
I'm not looking to open a bike shop. I just want to keep my bike running as long
as possible...

REI carries some decent...
Forum: General August 10th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By Will
Advice to Bike shop owners

On Aug 10, 9:22 am, TomP wrote:
Will wrote:
On Aug 9, 12:56 pm, "Pat" wrote:
And, since this is a Kysrium wheel, I would have thought they...
Forum: General August 9th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By Will
Advice to Bike shop owners

On Aug 9, 12:56 pm, "Pat" wrote:
And, since this is a Kysrium wheel, I would have thought they would
have assumed I knew something about tires and tubes!

Except those cases...
Forum: General July 16th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Will
Traveling With Your Bike By Air

On Jul 15, 10:47 pm, "emanon" wrote:
I am starting to lay plans for a trip. I've never wanted to take a bike by
air before, so I don't know what is required. Any suggestions...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Will
What are the reasons you have fallen down?

On Jul 13, 1:03 pm, Ablang wrote:

What are the reasons you have fallen down?

Riding in a dark place and not seeing the big sawhorse in front of the
work hole in the road. Some...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Will
27 inch tires make a comeback

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
most of these bikes are way past their shelf life, and usually aren't worth bringing back to life. You could spend a whole lot of money fixing up some of those old relics,...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Will
Selecting a Bike

Katuzo wrote:

When I talked to the people at
work, they all seem to like low end mountain bikes...

Don't go there... Go he

http://www.bianchiusa.com/08_milano_alfine.html

or
Forum: General June 28th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Will
Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the?roads wet

DennisTheBald wrote:

Uh, how was the derailleur involved?

It wasn't. The sticks are apparently called "derailleur sticks" by
folks on the West Coast. I guess it's because they tend to get...
Forum: General June 27th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Will
Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the?roads wet

DennisTheBald wrote:

But, I really don't follow the part about the derailleur getting stuck
in the front wheel, rear wheel maybe... but having a fender isn't
going to precipitate that failure....
Forum: General June 15th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Will
Newbie Cyclist Question

On Jun 14, 6:46 pm, Peter H wrote:

This seat has only one bolt on it and I didn't
realize that you can move it around on the rails, but also tilt it
when this bolt is...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Will
Help on choosing new bike

On May 26, 8:37 pm, "Pat" wrote:

It all depends upon how much you want it "your way."

Precisely.

If you don't have tools and are mostly happy with the stock bike
there's no...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Will
Help on choosing new bike

On May 26, 10:25 am, landotter wrote:

It's extremely rare for this to be economically smart.

A question... do you have a stand and tools? And if so, why?

If not, your...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Will
Help on choosing new bike

On May 25, 10:30 am, Shark wrote:

I ride mostly to keep fit and because I enjoy it a lot. And by keeping
fit it doesn't have anything to do with loosing weight...

Sound...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Will
700c tires duration?

On May 17, 3:26 pm, Ablang wrote:
If I use these tires purely on asphalt & concrete, how many miles can
I expect these tires to last?

What do you guys get on your tires (of...
Forum: General May 13th 08, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Will
need advice on: Trek 1600 or Felt z70?

On May 13, 2:00 pm, SMS wrote:

No such thing as peddles.

Time to sell the Google stock. The spell checker missed it. Both
times. I guess there is something called a...
Forum: General May 13th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Will
need advice on: Trek 1600 or Felt z70?

On May 13, 11:19 am, SMS wrote:

However the disadvantage of the CrossCheck Complete is that it lacks a
triple crankset.

I had to laugh here. One of the things I was...
Forum: General May 13th 08, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Will
need advice on: Trek 1600 or Felt z70?

On May 13, 8:46 am, wrote:
Hello,

Felt z70.
Trek 1600 priced
Trek 2.1

Surly Crosscheck?

Before you buy, you might want to also look at, test ride, a Surly
Forum: General May 8th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Will
How much should one spend on a bicycle?

Ablang wrote:
I know that a lot of details would factor into this, but I am
wondering what bicycle enthusiasts consider when buying a new (or
used) bike?

I'd spend enough to get a Breezer or a...
Forum: General May 4th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Will
Trouble's Coming

On May 3, 12:21 pm, "Pat" wrote:
I've known the bike shop owner for nearly three years now and I've
never before seen her look so angry.

Methinks you should question...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98