Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: General February 26th 09, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Bike theft is a common crime - no happy ending in most cases

I wholeheartedly agree with you, that the best security
is to keep your bike with you. *Next best is to park it
where you can keep an eye on it.

When a business/office won't allow me...
Forum: Racing August 17th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
ever have chest pain after?

I've been posting around here on asthma some time ago. In my
experience, joint pain, asthma, and heart disease are the most common
outcomes of "pushing it too far", in the order of increasing...
Forum: Racing August 10th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Bonds-baseball vs Landis-cycling

present. A game played in 1948 is equal to a game played in 2007.

This is very interesting. Don't they try to improve the material that
the bat and the ball are made of? Like, to make the bat...
Forum: Racing August 9th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Bonds-baseball vs Landis-cycling

Listening to a local radiostation talk show right now, discussing if
the justice system is "too hard" on Barry Bonds.

Please explain it to me. I am not from this country originally and I
am not a...
Forum: Racing August 8th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Where to ride in California

If you choose the Bay area, get "Roads to ride" books. An old, but
very good series on East Bay and Peninsula....
Forum: Marketplace May 7th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
WTB: Used TruTrainer rollers or alike

I have developed a chronic lung disease, and I can't ride outdoors
anymore. If anyone has rollers that he/she finds not using often
enough, I would be happy to buy them from you. I am...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 06, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
bizarre behavior of cycling computer

Just a thought on how the manufacturers can fix this.

The bizarre reading happens when I am not moving. So, why not
programming the computer in such a way that when it "sees" an
"acceleration" from...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
bizarre behavior of cycling computer

I could not care less about the max speed being messed up. But it also
messes up the distances travelled is left run alone for several
minutes.

So, OK, if I see this happenning I will try to change...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 06, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
bizarre behavior of cycling computer

There's EMF being generated by something in the vicinity, and the comp
is reading that as a signal from the sender. Cell phones are among
the devices that are notorious for causing this.

Do...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 06, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
bizarre behavior of cycling computer

I have a cheap cycling computer I got at Performance ("dB 4LW
Wireless"). Sometimes, when the bike is not moving, I see the computer
showing speeds over 70 mph. This does not happen when I am...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 06, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
frame damage: is this bike safe to ride?

Come on, we know it was you! Fess up!

;-)

Joseph

I know, I should've posted that is was me on the first place. Then
you'd think I weigh 120 lbs (I would not mention the 5'6" part). :)
Forum: Techniques November 27th 06, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
frame damage: is this bike safe to ride?

Probably fine as long as there are no cracks in the frame and the frame
is still straight. Lotsa aluminum tubes are shaped this way and that,
bulged, shaped, all sorts of things that doesn't do...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 06, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
frame damage: is this bike safe to ride?

my wife had her Aluminum bike (2005 Felt f60) mounted in a yakima roof
rack (wheels clamped, the bottom tube of the frame in the "claw"). She
drove into a low-clearance garage at ~5 mph. The bike got...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 06, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
NiteRider MiNewt Review

The original thread expired on my servers so...

It's *fantastic*

I illuminates the road very well in areas that are already lit, and it's
incredible. What I can't believe is how light it...
Forum: General November 22nd 06, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
NiteRider MiNewt Review

The original thread expired on my servers so...

It's *fantastic*

I illuminates the road very well in areas that are already lit, and it's
incredible. What I can't believe is how light it...
Forum: Racing October 29th 06, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
racing with asthma, face mask?

I have a great doc who treats me for both allergies and asthma (and I
race). He's also a cyclist and works with lots of other athletes. His
name is Stephen Machtinger and he's got offices in...
Forum: Racing October 25th 06, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
racing with asthma, face mask?

.... so, to stress this again, I have never discontinued the steroids,
only the agonists.

BTW, if you are a therapist, can you recommend anyone in the Bay Area?
I am looking for someone who is...
Forum: Racing October 25th 06, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
racing with asthma, face mask?

wrote:
I am a respiratory therapist...who races alot.And uses an inhaler.It
improves my expiratory flows 25%.I have mild airway disease..still get
good results...
Forum: Racing October 25th 06, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
racing with asthma, face mask?

Does your doctor give you any reason why you're not responding to albuterol
or advair?

he tested for several possibilities (incorrect inhaling technique,
vocal cord dysfunction, heart disease,...
Forum: Racing October 25th 06, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
racing with asthma, face mask?

I can't imagine that the "cure" (racing while wearing a mask) wouldn't be
worse than the illness.

yeah, I will look like a cyborg, but...

I raced for a number of years with pretty nasty...
Forum: Racing October 23rd 06, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
Armstrong's NYC marathon time?

I believe there is a link on the NYC marathon web site where you can
guess LA's time and get a prize for the closest estimate.
Forum: Racing October 23rd 06, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
racing with asthma, face mask?

I have developed asthma a year ago after a sinus infection, and stayed
off racing for a year, just riding for myself. The asthma gradually
improved with traditional meds, or just my body adapting...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 06, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
trimming and installing a dura ace chain

All right. Pushing the "old" pin out with the power pin is the key.
Here is what worked:
- remove the old chain - easy
- whipe the new chain
- compare the new chain side by side with old one. The new...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 06, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
trimming and installing a dura ace chain

If your chain tool is similar then you may have got to the end of the
threads and have been overtightening the tool without actually pushing
the pin any more.

This is probably what's...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 06, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
trimming and installing a dura ace chain

I am stuck with a trivial task. I have a new Dura Ace 10 speed chain,
and the length I need is ~7 links shorter than what came. So I
disconnected the 7 extra links by pushing a pin half way out. Then...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42