Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: maestro8
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By maestro8
Will you still be riding when you're......

MuniAddict;1168857 wrote:
This thread is primarily geared to riders 20 years old and under

I wonder if any 20 year olds have ever made a plan that carried into
their 40s, or even 30s... other...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By maestro8
Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

Unicorn;1169883 wrote:
Pele right on with the "F@#*#@g Pigs!"

I'd like to see what you guys have to say when you actually need help
from the police.

--
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18

natosha;1166572 wrote:
I know a common suggestion is to raise the seat, but my seat is already
as high as I can get it and still have my legs slightly bent when the
pedals are all the way...
Forum: Unicycling January 4th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By maestro8
Best Photos of 2008

What, no photos from Uninam?

I'll contribute the best few from my collection... I'm sure Corbin and
Nathan have better photos,...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By maestro8
Why don't I fall off in the ice?

OneWheelLess;1162662 wrote:
your center of gravity is usually directly above your wheel which helps.

Above your wheel, yes.

Above your contact patch, no... unless you're still-standing.
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By maestro8
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

colin340;1161422 wrote:
but CF loves to bend think road Bike Forks, Hockey Sticks, Helli Blades
steel and CF are both quite flexible

The objects you mentioned are things that should not be...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By maestro8
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

colin340;1160947 wrote:
i'm just wondering how won't it add any strength i'm a big guy and i
land bad.

Think about what you're doing.

You're bolting two very different materials together: one...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By maestro8
Close Call

polevaultinunicyclist;1160748 wrote:
that was just a freak accident... correction though... ALMOST everytime
lol

You mean a preventable accident.

If your trials obstacles aren't stable,...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By maestro8
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

hungry4uni;1160477 wrote:
Does a CF base really make any difference? Would I be a better
unicyclist if I had one?

You can put a n00b on a titanium KH20 and he'll UPD riding down...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By maestro8
"Where no MUni has gone before...."

MuniAddict;1160211 wrote:
I guess it doesn't really matter which thread the comments go to, as
long as I get some, it's all good!

Here's a...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 479
Posted By maestro8
Trials Discussion Thread

*chuckerkid*;1160314 wrote:
i bent the cranks

are my cranks themselves bent?
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By maestro8
Close Call

johnfoss;1158793 wrote:
Not sure if there's a lesson there.

There is a lesson. Learn to fall. Luckily, Jackie didn't have to
break anything to learn this lesson. The slow-motion video...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By maestro8
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

let me save everyone some time he

'tl;dr' (http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/TL%3BDR)

i've said this 10,001 times before, so 'here's a link to my...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By maestro8
Re-Newbing

There are loads of riders in the SF Bay Area... 'check out this thread
for our mailing lists / web portals'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1127831) and drop us
a message. I'm...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By maestro8
Something new from Syko Productions?

madmattunipro;1150663 wrote:
Claim is good, but honestly, it's not the best ski movie ever. I'm
working in a ski shop and we play a lot of ski movies... there are
definitely ones better than...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By maestro8
Something new from Syko Productions?

A special cut of "Revolution One" was shown this weekend at the Lake
Tahoe Film Festival.

http://www.laketahoefilmfestival.com/films.html

There's nothing up on the Syko Productions web site. ...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 123
Posted By maestro8
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

Hugo_Duguay;1146726 wrote:
But really, don't get Profiles. They're heavy, expensive, bend easily
and their "lifetime warranty" isn't all that good.

The Profile hub is only about 200 grams...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By maestro8
Extremely lightweight Ti crankset

Jkohse;1145100 wrote:
maybe nobodys profiles creak because some people ride them harder then
the average joe. I remember owning different sets of profiles back in
the day and they always...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By maestro8
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

tmoyer;1145834 wrote:
The big difference is that if you buy the Wallis base you get to use a
stronger post also. If you're not breaking seat posts, and you don't
mind the do-it-yourself...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 479
Posted By maestro8
Trials Discussion Thread

manon1wheel;1144682 wrote:
i dont get it. so there is no bounce for prehops? i dont see how a super
hard tire would be good for anything. especially urban trials.

No, there still is. My tire...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 479
Posted By maestro8
Trials Discussion Thread

Jerrick;1144512 wrote:
[Tire pressure is] personal. What ever is going to feel good enough for
your hops, and has enough cushion that when you land bigger drops, you
dont bottom out.

I'm...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By maestro8
Wooden things

WHampson;1143318 wrote:
do people care if you just take em or will they get mad?

If you take them without asking, you're stealing them. Even though
they're left outside at night, they're still...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 479
Posted By maestro8
Trials Discussion Thread

Bluemanonuni;1138063 wrote:
Will someone please explain Q-factor for me, what does that mean and
does it have some influence on trials, myself ride KH07 , standard 137
mm cranks ....

Just...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By maestro8
Red Menace 36 update

chuckaeronut;1139021 wrote:
About $60 worth of gas to get to Seattle from San Diego!

Hey Chuck, y'know Corbin got a Prius, and that got us to SD and back
for only about $50 in gas. We should...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By maestro8
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

rob.northcott;1137834 wrote:
I don't tend to bend my fingers back when I fall though - I think you've
just been unlucky there.

Here is where falling technique can prevent injuries. If...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500