Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SkierAlex
Forum: Unicycling January 4th 09, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By SkierAlex
15-16 year old riders - click this

Name: Alex
Age: 15
Birthday: 26 Feb
Riding Style: Street
How Long You Have Been Riding: 14 months
Country: New Zealand
Daily Practice Time: 30 mins - 3 hours.

~Tricks you can do~ (preferably about...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By SkierAlex
BC Wheel Rubbing on Leg when Mounting

Practise.

--
SkierAlex

Boo!
SkierAlex's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16317
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By SkierAlex
Nimbus Rim

Brian O.;1150816 wrote:
Not only is riding with broken spokes bad for your equipment, its
seriously dangerous. Someone posted a photo a year or two ago where
their spokes broke and actually...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By SkierAlex
Something new from Syko Productions?

madmattunipro;1150808 wrote:
Yeah Seven Sunny Days is Wicked... Especially the whole squirrel suit
thing.

Yup that bit made my jaw drop. Freaking crazy. How does seven sunny
days compare to...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By SkierAlex
Something new from Syko Productions?

madmattunipro;1150663 wrote:
Claim is good, but honestly, it's not the best ski movie ever. I'm
working in a ski shop and we play a lot of ski movies... there are
definitely ones better than...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By SkierAlex
Something new from Syko Productions?

Awesome. Defect won this festival in 2006. I hope the new doco wins but
I think the ski movie claim will win. Matchstick productions make
amazing films and claim is meant to be the best yet. Here is...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94
Posted By SkierAlex
[Game] Back It Up Medium!

Ludwig F;1150218 wrote:
so here is it:
http://www.vimeo.com/2533531
i hope blind hickflip is medium

-Ludwig

Sketchy sex change, but it'll have to do. I've never actually tried
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By SkierAlex
Nimbus Rim

It will definitely survive 7 sets. I've had mine for almost a year and
it's held up to 1.7m drops, 8 sets and landing sideways down 4 sets :P.
Only downside is it's slightly narrower than the KH. But...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94
Posted By SkierAlex
[Game] Back It Up Medium!

Well it was a mission to make this. Had to land both tricks around 3
times because my camera (which is ****) kept turning off and then the
video files were corrupt, O yeah and then WMM froze, lol....
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By SkierAlex
Unicon XV Update: Photos now up on website

pedrotejada;1148570 wrote:
Thanks for the fast answer!

The accomodation is a bit more expensive than Denmark, but I think I
can afford it!

I want to do some stuff in New Zeland, like...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94
Posted By SkierAlex
[Game] Back It Up Medium!

Emile.m;1148656 wrote:
dibs? what? The first one to put a vid online is the one that backs it
up.

O OK lol. I'll just have to be the first then.

--
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94

tim_desmet;1148448 wrote:
my back it up...
The trick
and a 180°backflip :)

'Back it up medium on Vimeo' (http://www.vimeo.com/2507979)

Dibs on the 180 backflip. It'll be later tonight...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 911
Posted By SkierAlex
Street Discussion Thread.

Hugo_Duguay;1146195 wrote:
Has anyone ever been or sess'ed El Toro, Carlsbad, Wallenberg or any of
the famous gap skaters ride ? I seriously think El Toro is uni-hopable
and uni-grindable,...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By SkierAlex
Dedicated to Unicycling - Photo on Google StreetView

I just had a look on street view at CHCH and it seems like it doesn't
actually have that many photos. Definitely not every house.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By SkierAlex
Dedicated to Unicycling - Photo on Google StreetView

Haha wow, that's awesome. But at the same time it's easy to see why some
people think it's a invasion of privacy lol.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By SkierAlex
Converting Nimbus to KH---Trials

Hungry4uni, I'm talking about the street seat, not the freeride.

skrobo;1143261 wrote:
nimbus is better IMO, i didn't break that one, but i broke the KH in the
amount of time i rode the nimbus...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By SkierAlex
Converting Nimbus to KH---Trials

The frame, Seat and cranks are the only parts worth changing to KH, and
maybe the rim.

--
SkierAlex

You've highlighted my sig'.'...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By SkierAlex
Today I... (brag thread)

peleschramm;1142063 wrote:
Hey!

You are having the exact same day I was having Day 1 NAUCC 2007...

Haha awesome, but in that same day did you attempt an 8 set, clip the
bottom step and...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By SkierAlex
Today I... (brag thread)

EliB;1141877 wrote:
i have terrible consistency...... I'm going to stop learning new tricks,
and get comfortable with the ones I already know.(or else NAUCC will be
pretty ugly for...
Forum: Unicycling December 2nd 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94
Posted By SkierAlex
[Game] Back It Up Medium!

ktkartch;1141490 wrote:
i landed one of those i dono bayflip things today so ill film tomorrow
and back it up.

Sweet.

--
Forum: Unicycling December 2nd 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562

EliB;1141418 wrote:
I try to learn a couple tricks every day. As for your question, I would
have to say no... Sadly my favorite riding spot has been taken away from
me, because some bikers...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By SkierAlex
Today I... (brag thread)

unibikeling;1140209 wrote:
today i got my brakes replaced on my skis. They not only
replaced/installed brakes on the broken one, but replaced the other one
too. Then i got the non broken one...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By SkierAlex
Today I... (brag thread)

Any Terrain;1140053 wrote:
Bay Walk (name?). I have them down very consistant and smooth. It is
easier than sideways wheelwalk for me and looks cleaner... Such a fun
trick.

Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94
Posted By SkierAlex
[Game] Back It Up Medium!

EliB;1139976 wrote:
oh sorry! uhh... how about the trick that I do for the bonus? the
crankflip to tire between the legs??? we'll just make it that?

Yeah, that would probably be alright....
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 94
Posted By SkierAlex
[Game] Back It Up Medium!

Varial backflip! Nice man. That is so not a medium trick though :P. I
don't think anyone who usually plays back it up medium can do this
trick. Maybe surfer or Agent Q, but I doubt it. Outbacks are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500