Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Conrad.Nguyen
Forum: Unicycling November 28th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
carbon fiber/aluminum frame

So, this is going to be something like the Koxx Karbon frame? Do you
have any drawings to show...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
KH Freestyle unicycle

There used to be a KH freestyle uni, but it wasn't too successful. From
what I hear people bought it and wanted KH durability and ended up
breaking them and complaining. Plus Kris wanted to focus on...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Which frame is better the KH 08 long neck or the Nimbus X CrMo Long-neck

That's why I specified ISIS.

Profile does offer a titanium version of their hub which if you search
my previous posts I talk about price, weight, and comparison to KH Ti
hub. It is costly, but...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Which frame is better the KH 08 long neck or the Nimbus X CrMo Long-neck

As of right now, there is no 40mm OD bearing that will fit an ISIS hub.
So sure, you could order some 40mm bearings, but they won't have much
use.

This has been discussed numerous times before, and...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Which frame is better the KH 08 long neck or the Nimbus X CrMo Long-neck

the only splined hubs that have 40mm bearings are non-isis.

a.k.a. heavy, but there is one you could use but it would be expensive.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Which frame is better the KH 08 long neck or the Nimbus X CrMo Long-neck

40mm machined bearing holders.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Conrad.Nguyen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17499

pkittle;1130911 wrote:
I have a set of old Spinergy Spox wheels that used a similar system to
what Fraggle mentions by SYM, where the adjustments were made for truing
at the hub end, rather...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Round Crown Aluminum Frame

He does actual bike frames. It's still up in the air, just gauging
interest right now.

Latest Work:
[image:
http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14065&d=1223848273]

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 114
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Holy Grail of Suspension unicycles. HA! EUREKA!

[image: http://i4.pinkbike.com/photo/1963/pbpic1963708.jpg]

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Conrad.Nguyen's Profile:...

Different frame sizes and neck lengths shouldn't be a problem, but I
will check. Magura mounts I know won't be a problem.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Round Crown Aluminum Frame

I'm talking with a frame builder about making some round crown aluminum
frames.

I need two things from you.

What is the max you would pay for such a frame? How many of you would
really buy one if...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling?

Mile per mile maybe, but hour per hour I'd have to disagree. It really
depends on the person though. Potential for better exercise goes to
biking rather than unicycling.

Running shouldn't be that...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling?

Unicycling is decent exercise, but it depends on what you do (trials,
MUni, Distance, etc.). If you're looking for better fitness, your time
would be better spent running, biking, or lifting weights....
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
How much have you spent on unicycling?????

XCcrev wrote:
List your unicycle expenses and add it to a running total of everyone on
the forums. You don't have to list every item if you don't want to but I
did mines short.
Just add your...
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
KH Moments or QU-AX CrMo

The Qu-Ax lights come in 145mm (among other sizes, but this is what
yours probably are). You are probably measuring from the whole crank,
not the actual effective crank length from center of axle to...
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
KH Moments or QU-AX CrMo

UDC USA sells the 145mm as 150mm.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Conrad.Nguyen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17499
View...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

I'm not saying that he tried to rip me off or that he changes his prices
for different people, I'm just saying that if you are going to be
spending near the same amount of money, why don't you go for...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

beeper wrote:
I should be getting my Base this week. 160 from darren for the hardware,
and drilling. Smart on his behalf, cause unicycle .com doesn't supply
the drilling or hardware, but 120...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
toughest rim/tyre combo to mount/remove?

Maxxis Creepy Crawler on a Nimbus Nightrider rim.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Conrad.Nguyen's Profile:...

Unis and BC wheels are nothing alike to ride. BC wheels are super easy
to learn compared to Unis; a couple of hours and your brother will
probably be going 50+ feet.

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 12th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Freecoasting hub thoughts.

with the new sym cranks, this hub could take flatland to new levels.
Since with coasting you probably won't be doing too many crank rolls,
the sym cranks would be the ideal cranks to have when...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 08, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Freecoasting hub thoughts.

How will control be maintained forwards/backwards? From what I've read
it will just coast with the cranks horizontal plus a little bit of
play. Could backwards pressure be applied gradually so that...
Forum: Unicycling September 6th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Hot Off The Press! Animal Hamilton PC Pedals!

http://www.danscomp.com/731010.php?cat=MISC#

If I ever have to fly with my uni I'm buying one of these.

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 08, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Flatland and Koxx-one

I don't think you really need a dedicated flat uni yet. You already have
a KH which (shown by Spencer) is pretty awesome for flatland.

The rollo-discs (when they come out) will be a lot cheaper...
Forum: Unicycling September 1st 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Conrad.Nguyen
Any New Factory Team Members For KH This New Year?

A lot of the KH guys have bedford sponsorships, so it wouldn't matter
for Spencer.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Conrad.Nguyen's...