Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: joemarshall
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By joemarshall
Buying that first 36er

Whilst it might not seem like that at first, it is possible to ride up
or down pretty much anything on a coker with 150mm cranks, they're good
starter cranks for sure. ISIS ones are where things are...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By joemarshall
need hill climbing advice

You'd need either very flat bottomed shoes with no tread in, and a very
flat surface on the pedal, and some very very strong glue, or to use
velcro loops looped around the pedal.

Problem is though,...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By joemarshall
A warning on pipe-cutters

Ken - looking at the pictures on the t7 thread, it looks like the
problem might be less pipe cutters, but more because you're short, and
you're cutting the seatpost too long. Just cut your seatpost...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By joemarshall
need hill climbing advice

bungeejoe;1169661 wrote:

Think seriously before you decide to try clipless. Practice until
getting out becomes second nature. If you need to think about
dismounting, you are not ready yet...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By joemarshall
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

MuniSano;1169331 wrote:

Let's change this up a bit. I'm planning (in the not too distant
future) to do a semi-self supported multi-day (actually multi-week)
almost totally off-road ride. ...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By joemarshall
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

Unless you have to camp, you don't need to take more than will fit in a
small rucksack. The bare essentials will fit in a 20 litre camelbak. I
can do summer camping (bivvying) from a 20 litre...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By joemarshall
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

This kind of stuff is really interesting coming from over here in the
UK. Most of our trails are just bridleways, originally old tracks for
people to get places on horses, or walking. Because of them...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By joemarshall
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Also, thinking about it, the minimum you really need for full adjustment
is just a fixed t-bar out back for the seat, and an extendible backward
and forward bar to the front for the handles. It only...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By joemarshall
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I wonder if it'd be worth plugging your values into a road bike fit
calculator?
http://tinyurl.com/x1tz

With the output from that, you could work out a good guess at what you
want the relative...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By joemarshall
3 wheel unicycle

feel the light;1165207 wrote:
But I have an idea for a crazy parade type homemade thing. Have a 29 on
top, a 24 in the middle and a 19 at the bottom. Or maybe a 29-20-12. I
think for a...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By joemarshall
Best Photos of 2008

Chuck, going quite fast at Ride the Lobster

|Filename: chucktemp.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 4th 09, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By joemarshall
Help choosing editing program, Please

MPEG Streamclip, free from 'here' (http://www.squared5.com/) is the best
program I've found for converting video - seems to work with most mpeg 4
files. I never got on with Super - always seemed like...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By joemarshall
Mapping Distance Rides

If you have a nokia mobile phone with GPS, you can use 'nokia
sportstracker' (http://sportstracker.nokia.com). It is really neat - it
can record all your rides, and it can upload them to the web...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By joemarshall
How do you set your uni on fire...safely?

SamGoodburn;1148223 wrote:
Fire Gel

Yeah, it looks great. But it isn't as simple as you say that you "don't
feel a thing" - look at the fire extinguishers at the edge of the screen
in...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By joemarshall
How do you set your uni on fire...safely?

I've done quite a lot of playing with fire and am not dead or even
mildly singed yet. A few safety rules:

First things first, make sure you have a bucket of water and preferably
a fire blanket...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By joemarshall
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

nathan;1148013 wrote:

The UDC Extra Wide hub (and our previous Tom Miller custom hubs) are
100mm as is the Nimbus ISIS Super Wide:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1304
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By joemarshall
I'm coming to Syndey, Australia, any trails??

I did a few rides round Sydney earlier in the year. I'm sure Geoff
(nexty) or Mr Dangerdog will be on here to give you more trail info, but
the trails I rode we

1) Manly Dam
This is a shortish...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By joemarshall
29" XC GUNI Rim Options

A narrower rim might be okay for road, but on anything even vaguely
interesting (ie. the sort of things where you don't want the tyre at 60
PSI), 29er tyres tend to wobble sideways too much,...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By joemarshall
Help! Magura brake problem.

I don't think mine move by 4x as much, but they do move at slightly
different times on the lever pull.

I do have them set quite far out though - personally I find that better
with the mount I'm...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By joemarshall
Muni in South Africa

That looks pretty fun. Good to see an interesting looking muni video,
and looks like a nice place to ride.

Was all the moving footage off unicycles? There was a bit through the
woods that looked...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By joemarshall
My road uni dream

UnicycleJuggler;1142948 wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread. I imagine,
with a bit of thought time, so help and a welder, it'd be pretty doable.
I can't see it...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By joemarshall
My road uni dream

The schlumpf in high is pretty similar to an ungeared 36 in terms of
difficulty, because the wheel is so much lighter (rim,tyre + tube can
weigh less than the coker rim alone). Although I'd typically...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By joemarshall
Flying to New Zealand (Unicon 15)

The Air NZ via LA is okay. If you can stick a day stopover in LA into
it, that is nice too, L.A. is a nice place to stopover, there is some
nice coker riding right near the airport (like a mile away...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By joemarshall
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

lowlight;1139231 wrote:
If you weren't set on a KH, Nimbus now do a 26" frame with brake mounts
in the right place. Maybe you have considered this already.

I dunno if the schlumpf would...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By joemarshall
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

Your buttons look way into the crank. You only need a few mm of movement
- you could have it further out than that without messing things up or
making misshifts likely.

The correct position...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500