Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry
Forum: Techniques January 6th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 184
Posted By Larry
Bike aerodynamics / weight

This is all exactly my point there is minimal effect from a aero bike but
most of the time you are not climbing hills for the cumulative advantage
should be greater. If you have a 160 lb. rider and...
Forum: Techniques January 5th 07, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 184
Posted By Larry
Bike aerodynamics / weight

Any comments on why everyone is so concerned with saving a few grams and you
hear very little about the aerodynamic advantage of a bike frame and
components. It is so critical in time trialing and...
Forum: Techniques December 30th 06, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Larry
SRAM Gold PowerLink compatible with Shimano HG 73 9-spd chain?

I have used this method for the last 15000 + miles and it has worked great.
Actually I find better shifting (Smoother) using the SRAM Power Link and the
Shimano chain then I do with the SRAM...
Forum: Techniques December 27th 06, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Larry
GPS with maps?

Mio C310x all the features you can think of and $199.00 at Staples. 2 Wire
ties to the stem and about 6-7 hours battery life.
Forum: Techniques December 23rd 06, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry
Sunscreen damage to bike paint/finish?

I know and I feel for you, I have been there 3 times. That's why I went to a
different brand frame. Even the Trek rep. told me they need to learn how to
finish carbon. Just go take a look at the...
Forum: Techniques December 20th 06, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry
Sunscreen damage to bike paint/finish?

I have had so many problems with the finish on Trek carbon frames that I
just went to a different brand, I would not blame the sunscreen. I could not
stand it anymore. I have heard excuses right...
Forum: Techniques December 11th 06, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry
TREK 5900 replacement fork question

Sounds like Trek. I had a beautyful US Postal (2002) 5200 that developed a
seperation in a glued carbon joint. They took it back and repaired it (2
Years Old) , It came back Yellow with only 2 Trek...
Forum: Techniques October 31st 06, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Larry
Advantage of lugged carbon frame

With all structural and ride characteristics being equal the monocoques look
much better becauses of the shaped tubes and not the traditional round ones.
I ride a Look KG386i and love it. I get so...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry
Look 555 carbon anyone?

First of all fit is the most important thing. That being said, I have been
riding the 555 for 4000 miles and it is by far the best bike (frame) I ever
road. Had a Trek Madone 5.9 prior and you can...
Forum: General August 19th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry
ksyrium sl's or bontrager x-lites

I now have 4 years and better then 12000 mile's on my Bontrager Race X Lites
and have not even put a spoke wrench to them. Perfact the day I got them and
still perfact. I weigh 170 pounds and quite...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10