Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Forum: Australia November 9th 11, 01:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

"John Henderson" wrote
F Murtz wrote:

What about the fact that the skinny tyre is often run at over 100
PSI
and the fat tyre at 40 PSI

Run the wide tyre at its rated maximum instead...
Forum: Australia November 5th 11, 04:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
folding bicycles

"Fraser Johnston" wrote
On 10/01/11 5:03 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

What? They make pensioners pay for bus fares in Sydney? *******s!
In Perth, where I am a pensioner, all bus and rail...
Forum: Australia September 21st 11, 04:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
learn, as they say, from my fail

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Come on Zebee, are you telling me you didn't know bicycles need rim
tape too?
I agree about the plastic stuff...
Forum: Australia September 18th 11, 05:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
learn, as they say, from my fail

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote

So when you get a new front wheel with dynamo hub for your Brompton,
don't wonder what the odd blue plasticy strip thing in the package
is.

Look at it and think...
Forum: Australia July 18th 11, 09:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Adjunct to scarves and their various utilities in cycling

"Geoff Lock" wrote

I have previously mentioned scarves and cycling and someone posted
something about newspapers and their role in the Tour de France :)

I noticed that in stage 13, there...
Forum: Australia June 29th 11, 03:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
The use of a woolen scarf in cycling

"Geoff Lock" wrote

Stuffed if I know what others do with their woolen scarves in
cycling but I use my woolen scarf to keep the neck and the front of
my torso warm during these past few days...
Forum: Australia June 22nd 11, 02:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
23 channels and nothing to watch!

"terryc" wrote in message ...

Theo Bekkers wrote:

OTOH, I have 130 channels of Foxtel, so I have more crap to choose
from.

I'm waiting for the rest of...
Forum: Australia June 21st 11, 02:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
23 channels and nothing to watch!

"terryc" wrote
Geoff Lock wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that, I now have 23 channels of
crappy digital ****.

ditto. Aren't you just excited about the digital swap over.

Did you...
Forum: Australia June 2nd 11, 02:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
culture of fear

"Rob" wrote

Actually the word "tort" means ---

"-noun Law .
a wrongful act, not including a breach of contract or trust, that
results in injury to another's person, property, reputation,...
Forum: Australia May 23rd 11, 05:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
bicycle stuff

"Geoff Lock" wrote
On 23/05/2011 1:21 PM, F Murtz wrote:

http://wimp.com/bicycleskill/

I dunno, man, that bike setup look dangerous - I didn't see any
brakes on the bikes and I reckon...
Forum: Australia May 21st 11, 02:52 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Kwinana Freeway cycle path a mess (Perth)

"Travis" wrote

I wouldn't want to hit a big rock at speed.

Big Rock is in Stirling, nowhere near the Freeway.

Theo
Forum: Australia May 21st 11, 07:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Crap brakes in the wet

"Geoff Lock" wrote
On 21/05/2011 2:54 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

Adjust them so that the front of the pad has a slight toe-in, so
that
the leading edge of the pad contacts first.

A...
Forum: Australia May 21st 11, 05:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Crap brakes in the wet

"Travis" wrote

So it's reasonable to expect that your brakes won't work as well
when
the rim has been lubricated with water compared to dry conditions,
but
I was just wondering if there...
Forum: Australia May 11th 11, 01:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Sydney drivers at there best !

"BT Humble" wrote
Rob wrote:

When was there any room for cyclists on the roads -

1893?

Bicycles were very dangerous machines before the invention of the
"safety" and were not in common...
Forum: Australia May 10th 11, 03:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Commuting on a mountain bike - a few questions

"John Henderson" wrote
Theo Bekkers wrote:

He goes on to say
A 37mm (1.5") tyre with a 50kg wheel load should be inflated to
60lbs,
a 23mm tyre with the same load to 120lbs.

I...
Forum: Australia May 9th 11, 12:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Commuting on a mountain bike - a few questions

"John Henderson" wrote

Unless a narrower tyre permits running a higher pressure (most
do), be aware that a wider tyre will have less rolling resistance
than a narrow one (at the same...
Forum: Australia April 11th 11, 02:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
McGee still in the news

The news this week says that, after only five years, the Lawyers
Council has decided that McGee did not do anything serious enough to
justify a reprimand by the Council. He only ran over a cyclist,...
Forum: Australia March 18th 11, 02:00 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Freewheel Sprocket Removal

"Theo Bekkers" wrote
On 18/03/2011 7:36 PM, Alan wrote:

I need to get the sprocket off a 27" wheel and the spline tool I have is
big .
The sprocket...
Forum: Australia March 18th 11, 01:34 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

"Rob" wrote in message
On 18/03/2011 7:36 PM, Alan wrote:
I need to get the sprocket off a 27" wheel and the spline tool I have is
Forum: Australia March 9th 11, 03:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Tyre pressures

On 2011-03-08, noemail@nowhere noemail@nowhere wrote:
I use 120 front and rear ( or them...
Forum: Australia March 6th 11, 06:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Was I caught by an electric bike?

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote
On 6/03/2011 2:34 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

Except for the spelling, no. Back pedal brakes, also known as coaster
brakes
were pretty much standard on most...
Forum: Australia March 6th 11, 04:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
Was I caught by an electric bike?

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote
On 6/03/2011 7:08 AM, Rob wrote:
On 5/03/2011 4:55 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:

The postie bike I saw in Canterbury had the motor in the rear hub. It
was hardly...
Forum: Australia January 22nd 11, 04:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
My second encounter with the AFP

"TimC" wrote
On 2011-01-22, Theo Bekkers wrote
"TimC" wrote

Yeah, but you come from the land of Sir Joh. In more civilised parts
Forum: Australia January 22nd 11, 01:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

On 2011-01-20, Peter Gordon wrote
:
I'm from Qld and have no idea of NSW law. Here it is illegal to
disobey a police directive.

Yeah, but you come from the land of Sir Joh....
Forum: Australia January 18th 11, 10:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo Bekkers[_2_]
My second encounter with the AFP

"Ken & Stace" wrote
"Zebee Johnstone" wrote

If they can't pass, they shouldn't. If they can, they should.

If Geoff was a truck would you also...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45