Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 5.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Freides[_2_]
Forum: Racing July 23rd 13, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

none (Yannick Tremblay) wrote:

So basically, if we turn the pedals 22.5 degree (along the circular
movement of the pedal), the amount the chain will be pulled depends on
the position of the ...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 13, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

atriage wrote:
On 23/07/2013 03:35, Steve Freides wrote:
wrote:

A lot of times when trying to loosen a tight nut or bolt, if you
place the handle of the...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 13, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

wrote:

A lot of times when trying to loosen a tight nut or bolt, if you
place the handle of the wrench lower than 12 o'clock you can exert
more pressure onto the...
Forum: Racing July 21st 13, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Mower Man wrote:
On 21/07/2013 4:35 PM, Steve Freides wrote:
Mower Man wrote:

Wrong. It does. And it's so obvious as to beggar belief. The slack
in the chain is utterly irrelevant,...
Forum: Racing July 21st 13, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Mower Man wrote:

Wrong. It does. And it's so obvious as to beggar belief. The slack in
the chain is utterly irrelevant, too.

Let us consider what's happening at a point in the rotation of the...
Forum: Racing July 21st 13, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Mower Man wrote:
On 20/07/2013 12:07 AM, Doug Anderson wrote:
"Steve Freides" writes:

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

Froome mostly sits because any energy used...
Forum: Racing July 20th 13, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

The little Colombian climber would be better off if he would
stay in the saddle and develop his spin technique to put
forth max power with fewer calories...
Forum: Racing July 19th 13, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

Froome mostly sits because any energy used moving the body
up and down when standing is energy wasted compared to
not lifting the body and staying...
Forum: Racing July 19th 13, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

none (Yannick Tremblay) wrote:
In article ,
Steve Freides wrote:
Mower Man wrote:

Isn't it the point that elliptical chain rings...
Forum: Racing July 18th 13, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Mower Man wrote:
On 18/07/2013 9:26 PM, Steve Freides wrote:
Davey Crockett wrote:
" Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·" a écrit profondement:

Elliptical chainrings are a GIMMICK....
Forum: Racing July 18th 13, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Davey Crockett wrote:
" Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·" a écrit profondement:

Elliptical chainrings are a GIMMICK. Why?

Because gearing depends upon the number of teeth on
the chainring and...
Forum: Racing July 10th 13, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Cavendish bump

Michael wrote:

Could have been inadvertent, but Cavendish looked like he threw a
shoulder from frustration when Degenkolb boxed him out a little bit.

It was ruled the other rider's (the one who...
Forum: Racing July 10th 13, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Elliptical Chainrings

Seems more people are riding elliptical chainrings than I remember in
years past. Not a new thing but has never become a majority preference
in the TdF, either.

Comments? Everything I've ever...
Forum: Racing May 29th 13, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
TDF 2013 predictions

Randall Shimizu wrote:
This years Giro seems to have left more questions than it answered.
Thomas Froome appears to be the favorite. But we will not know more
until we see how Contador does in...
Forum: Racing May 21st 13, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Hit a cyclist, tweet the crime

Michael wrote:

http://jalopnik.com/woman-brags-about-hitting-cyclist-discovers-police-als-509059331

Is she more arrogant than stupid or more stupid than arrogant?

-S-
Forum: Racing April 19th 13, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
now I understand...

Bob Martin wrote:
in 663802 20130418 174857 "Steve Freides" wrote:
Cicero_Venatio wrote:
and, to blow my own horn for
a moment,

-----------
wtf ??

Forum: Racing April 19th 13, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Boston Marathon should be cancelled

Bob Martin wrote:
in 663813 20130418 221820 "Steve Freides" wrote:
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq� wrote:
Forum: Racing April 18th 13, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
"Anton Berlin" wrote in message
On Apr 16, 4:41 pm, " Sir...
Forum: Racing April 18th 13, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
now I understand...

Cicero_Venatio wrote:
and, to blow my own horn for
a moment,

-----------
wtf ??

It's a figure of speech. It means to praise one's self. Think of the
brass herald that preceded the...
Forum: Racing April 18th 13, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Levi Leipheimer

Frederick the Great wrote:

I was reading Levi's affadavit and was unaware just how extensive his
doping past was. Levi deserves to be shunned from the sport. We do
not need dopers like this...
Forum: Racing April 5th 13, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
bike racing still exists??

Cicero_Venatio wrote:
I thought when Lance went down, he took it all with him?

He did. This is all a dream.

-S-
Forum: Racing March 16th 13, 01:46 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Sweat is a bad sign?

thirty-six wrote:

No, they'll eventually rust but it does depend on what they're made
of - most are cast iron with a coat of paint on them, but I've seen
stainless steel, the latter costing...
Forum: Racing March 15th 13, 12:59 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Sweat is a bad sign?

thirty-six wrote:
On 14 Mar, 11:27, "Steve Freides" wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
How does one determine the weight required? I should be around 5'11"
only for disease...
Forum: Racing March 14th 13, 12:27 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Sweat is a bad sign?

thirty-six wrote:

How does one determine the weight required? I should be around 5'11"
only for disease causing spinal compression, curvature and
scolliosis. I should have a natural lean...
Forum: Racing March 14th 13, 12:38 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve Freides[_2_]
Sweat is a bad sign?

thirty-six wrote:

You know, as it just so happens, I'm going to give running a bit of
a go again this summer, and I started already - I ran around the
block, a pretty long block here,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500