Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin Bulmer
Forum: UK September 22nd 08, 12:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Copper load of this

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article30211.ece
's'all it takes

--

Martin Bulmer
Forum: UK May 25th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve C wrote:
Martin Bulmer wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/head-crush-sign

thanks for sharing that

I have a friend at work who speaks chinese....
Forum: UK May 24th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Do not park on cyclists

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/head-crush-sign

thanks for sharing that
--

Martin Bulmer
Forum: UK April 4th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Bike mirror

archierob wrote:
Can anyone recommend a bike mirror for a conventional 'racing bike' ie
dropped handlebars and ordinary brake levers. Have had 3 eye ops for a
detached retina and until the 4th...
Forum: UK March 5th 08, 08:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Martin Bulmer
for tourists and beer lovers

The Belvoir Brewery has opened a tap room at it's new premises at Old Dalby
(between Melton Mowbray and Nottingham.).
They do snack meals, or you can eat your own...
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Lonely cyclist for grabs on ebay

Sara Kirk wrote:
I was sent this link by a cycling enthusiast in Australia (Hi Dave!),
I thought it may give a chortle to the URCers:

Forum: UK February 20th 08, 08:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Charged for being knocked off his bike

wafflycat wrote:
See

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED20%20Feb%202008%2011%3A08%3A24%3A713

Forum: UK February 14th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Martin Bulmer
It's an age thing ...

Jeff wrote:
Martin Bulmer wrote:
Jeff wrote:
My prescription is -8 diopters and I
usually ride sans glasses (wouldn't do that with a car).

So you can't read your watch until it's...
Forum: UK February 13th 08, 08:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Martin Bulmer
It's an age thing ...

Jeff wrote:
My prescription is -8 diopters and I
usually ride sans glasses (wouldn't do that with a car).

So you can't read your watch until it's about 6 inches in front of your
eyes? Brave...
Forum: UK January 13th 08, 11:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By Martin Bulmer
How's about this for madness?

Martin Dann wrote:
vernon wrote:
An act of breathtaking stupidity:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/39Crazy39-cyclist-pictured-risking-a.3663885.jp

I hope copious amounts of...
Forum: UK January 4th 08, 07:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Martin Bulmer
New Chain

Tosspot wrote:
If you get 3:1 against me you
must be 4,500-6000 a year.

That's about right, then. Thanks.
--

Martin Bulmer
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 11:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tosspot wrote:
Martin Dann wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
On 01/01/2008 23:24, Pete Biggs said,

Yebut you might as well have some pure use of the original lube
before the first...
Forum: UK January 1st 08, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Martin Bulmer
New Chain

Should I lubricate my new chain, or just run it for a while with the thin
grease it arrived in?

--

Martin Bulmer
Forum: UK January 1st 08, 06:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Maud wrote:
Hi All

I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and
found them to be fine ~ but a...
Forum: UK December 30th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Times article 2

fred2 wrote:
A joke that will sicken cyclists
Piano wire is no laughing matter for the 150 cyclists who die each
year Alison Steed

Article in Times on-line 31/12/07 ( Could this be an...
Forum: UK December 30th 07, 08:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Today I Has Been ...

Mark W wrote:
mostly
a) having man-flu :O(

and

b) tidying up the station hack.

Nice new tyres, chain in the old white spirit cocktail shaker jamjar,
a T-Cutting and vaselining of...
Forum: UK December 17th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Saracen Rufftrax

vernon wrote:
"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message
Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any...
Forum: UK December 13th 07, 11:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Saracen Rufftrax

Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good? Only
there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....

--

Martin Bulmer
Forum: UK December 9th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Matt B wrote:
Richard Fairhurst wrote:
Without wanting to reopen the debate about good thing/bad thing:

Phone voting is now open at 0870 24 24 602 (10p a call, apparently).
Closes noon...
Forum: UK November 26th 07, 07:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Thinking about retirement.

Martin Bulmer wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:
I simply wouldn't do a
job I didn't enjoy; I did once, but changed it after nine months. If
you don't enjoy what you're doing, go and do something...
Forum: UK November 25th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Thinking about retirement.

Simon Brooke wrote:
I simply wouldn't do a
job I didn't enjoy; I did once, but changed it after nine months. If
you don't enjoy what you're doing, go and do something else.
Not an option,...
Forum: UK November 25th 07, 08:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Thinking about retirement.

vernon wrote:
"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message

Well, if I had that choice, I'd retire tomorrow. I could...
Forum: UK November 25th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Thinking about retirement.

Clive George wrote:
"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message

Work has ruined my life and prevented me from doing...
Forum: UK November 25th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Thinking about retirement.

Brian G wrote:
S Mason wrote:
I am coming up to the final few years until I can retire at 55, but
I've thought long and hard about it and I'm not going to go. So many
people I know have...
Forum: UK November 25th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Bulmer
Thinking about retirement.

S Mason wrote:
I am coming up to the final few years until I can retire at 55, but
I've thought long and hard about it and I'm not going to go. So many
people I know have come back to work...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87