Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 1.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J.D. Baldwin
Forum: Mountain Biking March 28th 09, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Obama administration holding up expanded mountain bikeopportunities in the National Parks

In the previous article, rick++ wrote:
George Bush became a fanatical mountain biker
after running injured his knees too much.
He was allegedly a real terror around Camp...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 28th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Moab trails at risk from proposed drilling

I'm not sure whether the IMBA are exaggerating the threat here, but it
sounds pretty bad.

http://www.imba.com/news/action_alerts/11_08/11_19_moab_leases.html

[reproduced here in full, see...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 23rd 08, 05:59 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
A 1,000 mile year

In the previous article, bluezfolk wrote:
Congrats, remember the year isn't over yet.

True. Last Thursday (the night of the group ride 'round here) it was
26F. I've biked in...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 21st 08, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
A 1,000 mile year

Not as much as many, more than some ... but 1,000 trail miles in a
year is a lot for me. I am happy:

http://www.panix.com/~baldwin/jdb_mtbmiles2008.png
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If...
Forum: Social Issues November 14th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

In the previous article, Mike Vandeman wrote:
"This will be the first sanctioned mountain bike trail in Macomb
County," Burgess says. "I want it to be the nicest mountain...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 14th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 6
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Police Officer Admits Mountain Biking Illegally!

In the previous article, Mike Vandeman wrote:
"This will be the first sanctioned mountain bike trail in Macomb
County," Burgess says. "I want it to be the nicest mountain...
Forum: Social Issues September 3rd 08, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 3
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Mountain Bikers bacame a little more environmentally friendly

In the previous article, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Good. But too bad that you are teaching them that the rough treatment
of nature is okay. That is what mountain biking...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 3rd 08, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 4
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Mountain Bikers bacame a little more environmentally friendly

In the previous article, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Good. But too bad that you are teaching them that the rough treatment
of nature is okay. That is what mountain biking...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 2nd 06, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
worth replacing front chain ring and rear cogs on old Trek?

In the previous article, Joe wrote:
I bought a used Trek for $50 that I really like. I think it was made
in 1996 since it's a Volkswagen Jetta Special Edition and from what
Forum: Mountain Biking October 30th 06, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Is it the Rider, or the Bike?

In the previous article, Marty wrote:
My wife once asked me why I needed a new bike. I told her that I
didn't NEED and new bike. I simply wanted it. She sometimes...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 29th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Man of the Year

http://www.panix.com/~baldwin/manyear.jpg
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but...

In the previous article, Craig Brossman
wrote:
I run the Avid mechanicals without issue and I have no intentions of
replacing them.
My wife's Racer-X came with...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 7th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
HO Insurance

In the previous article, cc wrote:
So is there a premium difference in getting estimated worth vs.
replacement cost ?

My insurance industry bud advised me that just about...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 7th 06, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Paul Newman is a Mountain Biker

In the previous article, JD wrote:
He was rippin' it up in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

I notice he didn't need no wussy suspension, either.

Besides that, the real...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 6th 06, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
New tire recommendations, please.

In the previous article, Tom The Great wrote:
I have a rear tire wearing out fast. I'm looking for a replacement,
I've been recommended Kenda Nevegal's, can anyone comment or
Forum: Mountain Biking October 3rd 06, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 14
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Freedom of speech

In the previous article, Tom Carson wrote:
http://casadice.com/signs/index.htm

Well, the man doesn't leave you wondering where he stands.
--
_+_ From the catapult...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 1st 06, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

In the previous article, Slack wrote:
Anyone know of any carbon bar friendly bar ends?

My LBS guy told me that carbon handlebars are usually aluminum-
reinforced on the...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 1st 06, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 104
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Back in the USA (sorta beer / home report)

In the previous article, Sand Squid wrote:
The good news: I'm out of the sandbox !!!!!!!
The bad news: I'm heading back out in for another tour in March.

You didn't have to...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 27th 06, 09:27 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 28
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
What is the Honda Civic of mountain bikes?

In the previous article, RowerRanger wrote,
quoting me:
So you're saying that these low-end starter MTBs are "gateway
bicycles" that naturally lead to the harder stuff?
Forum: Mountain Biking September 27th 06, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
West Michigan RR: Owasippe

Owasippe (they say) closes to bicycling for the year on October 1st,
which means Saturday is the last day to ride it. Owasippe is near
Muskegon, Michigan and further details, directions, etc. may be...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 25th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 28
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
What is the Honda Civic of mountain bikes?

In the previous article, RowerRanger wrote:
There is a problem, with the Civic, you buy, drive past the gas pumps,
it's all good.
With a low end bike you buy, you...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 20th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 14
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Where those guys that complain about flats

In the previous article, MattB wrote:
I've only had one slow leak this summer. Of course now that I say
that I'll be jinxed. But it's been a good summer for (lack of)
Forum: Mountain Biking September 19th 06, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 28
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
What is the Honda Civic of mountain bikes?

In the previous article, JD wrote, quoting me:
if you are a larger
individual (say, 180-lbs.-plus) you will probably want at least some
kind of full suspension.

Forum: Mountain Biking September 18th 06, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 28
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
What is the Honda Civic of mountain bikes?

In the previous article, wrote:
I'm looking to purchase a Mountain bike. I'm just going to do it for
exercise so I don't need anything special - just the ability to go
from...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 11th 06, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 59
Posted By J.D. Baldwin
Death to the derailleur

In the previous article, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Also, nobody lives forever and I don't want my kids to have *too*
much fun with my hard-earned cash.

A friend of mine came up...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28