Showing results 1 to 25 of 143
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A R:nen
Forum: Techniques September 3rd 08, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By A R:nen
BB size with cranks

Hank writes:

The most common iteration was 52-42-30, although 50-40-30 and 53-42-30
were also available. With the 52 big ring, you could swap out the 30
for a 28. I never...
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By A R:nen
BB size with cranks

Hank writes:

It could be that your chain was too short. I've got a Veloce long cage
RD with a 48-36-24 crank and an 11-34 cassette. I've got a very slight
amount of chain...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By A R:nen
Smallest 100PSI gauge?

" writes:

I'm thinking of purchasing a gauge for my saddle bag, so that when I
want to drop pressure for say, sandy conditions, I can make sure I'm
not...
Forum: Racing August 23rd 08, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By A R:nen
Okay, yes, I'm cheering for Kabush in the MTB race, but...

Ryan Cousineau writes:

Also, anyone seen his equipment?

Here's him at the XC Worlds. Not very CXy, but at least he's still on
Dugasts....
Forum: Racing August 22nd 08, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By A R:nen
Okay, yes, I'm cheering for Kabush in the MTB race, but...

John Forrest Tomlinson quotes teh Sven:

"Being here beats every cyclocross for the rest of my life. It gives
me goose bumps. I did the same thing over and over for the...
Forum: Racing August 22nd 08, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By A R:nen
Okay, yes, I'm cheering for Kabush in the MTB race, but...

Ryan Cousineau writes:

Look who showed up!

35 Sven Nys (Belgium)

Seeded into the fourth row. I knew he had thought about doing this, but
didn't realize he actually...
Forum: Racing August 21st 08, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By A R:nen
Equestrian "EPO"?

RicodJour writes:

Capsaicin...? Who feeds their horse chili peppers? I mean, besides
Mexicans. =:O Is capsaicin proscribed for cyclists as well?

Nope. And AFAIK...
Forum: Racing August 21st 08, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By A R:nen
Strategy for Olympic success

phillip brown writes:

I think the UCI needs to lobby for introducing track events where you
go *clockwise*.

Never mind clockwise, what about backwards? Artistic cycling...
Forum: Racing August 20th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By A R:nen
National Team Kits at the Olympics--a review

writes:

UK: (*yawn*) Couldn't they have taken a little of that lottery money
and hired a designer?

Yeah, what was wrong with the design from this year's World's? Maybe
the...
Forum: Techniques August 19th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By A R:nen
Why rear-facing fork ends? [ was: Olympic bike of minimalist design ]

Chip C writes:

Surely it's easier to first push the rear wheel a bit further forward
and take the chain off the front ring, then remove the wheel.

Hmmm...does it...
Forum: Techniques August 19th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By A R:nen
Why rear-facing fork ends? [ was: Olympic bike of minimalist design ]

"Carl Sundquist" writes:
"A R:nen" wrote in message

Agreed. Though I'm not sure it's really a...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By A R:nen
And speaking of kickstands....

BTW, does anybody manufacture a carbon fibre kickstand yet?
Forum: Techniques August 18th 08, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By A R:nen
Why rear-facing fork ends? [ was: Olympic bike of minimalist design ]

Hank writes:

Given an established thread of newbie questions about track bikes, I
am emboldened to ask why track rules require rear-facing dropouts (or
fork ends, as...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 08, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By A R:nen
Olympic bike of minimalist design

John Thompson writes:

BTW, most tracks forbid the use of brakes or derailleurs as mixing such
bikes with track bikes tends to be dangerous. Most also forbid
Forum: Techniques August 15th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By A R:nen
Polar CS sensor

Henry writes:

Has anybody out there tried to replace a battery on a Polar CS series
sensor?
They're sealed units and are not supposed to be user servicable - just
Forum: Racing August 10th 08, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By A R:nen
Olympic Road Race Qs

"Claude" writes:

Doubtless there're simple answers, but perhaps others more knowledgeable
about road racing than me might care to explain the following:

(1) in the...
Forum: Racing August 10th 08, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By A R:nen
Olympic Road Race On

Ryan Cousineau writes:

I don't think it's all that rare. Off the top of my head, Oz, NZ, and
Italy race in colors that have nothing to do with their flags. Canada
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By A R:nen
Olympic Road Race On

Bob Schwartz writes:

If that is true then I'm glad Rogers in his astoundingly ugly kit
got dropped. Those colors have no business appearing in the same
kit....
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By A R:nen
Olympic Road Race On

Bob Schwartz writes:

Are there rules regarding the national team kits?
They seem exceptionally plain.

Only as far as advertising is concerned (1.3.056 et...
Forum: Techniques August 6th 08, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By A R:nen
Flat wrenches as found in bike took kits

" writes:

Those performance wrences look real sketchy to me, with the 2
different sizes on each end of the wrench. You've used this design/
model and...
Forum: Racing July 28th 08, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 100
Posted By A R:nen
Gain Ratios and CX

Scott writes:

My comments didn't have anything to do with racing. My point was that
if you were climbing a hill sufficiently steep enough to need a 34x27,
then...
Forum: Racing July 25th 08, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 78
Posted By A R:nen
RAGBRAI

Kurgan Gringioni writes:

BTW, caffeine in excessive quantities is banned by the UCI.

Hasn't been for years. Still monitored in the doping tests, though.
Forum: Techniques July 14th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By A R:nen
RD-CE101T fit a Chorus Carbon Parallelogram Rear Der?

"D'ohBoy" writes:

...and at least all current Whatever Triple ders use the Veloce-and-below
type attachment, so you might have to settle for a medium cage, unless
Forum: Techniques July 14th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By A R:nen
Q: Swapping in Long Cage Assembly On Campy RDer

(A R:nen) writes:

As far as I can remember from my attempt to replace the return spring
for the cage, removing and replacing it is trivial, just remove the
jockey...
Forum: Techniques July 14th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By A R:nen
Q: Swapping in Long Cage Assembly On Campy RDer

"D'ohBoy" writes:

I see one can pick up a long cage assembly for around $60. How
difficult is this swap? Are there any instructions around for doing
this?

As far as I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 143