Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Claus Assmann
Forum: Techniques June 9th 11, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Claus Assmann
Derailleur in spokes

Ken wrote:

OK, so much for my sob story. The real question I have is how the
heck do the RD go into the spokes in the first place? I was somwhere

Do you use a cadence sensor? If so, is the...
Forum: Racing September 14th 10, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 39
Posted By Claus Assmann
Group etiquette overtaking slower riders

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

The last thing I want is to inspire more people to beat up on me. Maybe I

Why? It makes you go faster, doesn't it?

I always hope for someone who can ride at least as...
Forum: Racing April 21st 10, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 63
Posted By Claus Assmann
Ultra-light Weight Bikes

Steve Freides wrote:

Anyone who wants lighter and doesn't start by dropping bodyweight has a
serious lack of understanding of basic math. Let's see, what's heavier,

Speak for yourself, not...
Forum: General October 28th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Claus Assmann
bikelane flamebait and going right

Tom Keats wrote:

In a traditional rectangular street-grid city with fairly
dense population and traffic, bike lanes are not limiting.

Visit Germany and you will learn that this statement is...
Forum: General October 26th 09, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Claus Assmann
"this is a car lane" (was: bike lane flame bait and going right)

Peter Cole wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:

If you like motorists screaming and swerving at you while pointing at
the separate and unequal farcility, no, there is no coercion to use the
Forum: General October 19th 09, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Claus Assmann
bikelane flamebait and going right

Peter Cole wrote:

I don't doubt that, if the US became like Germany, that I might share
your views. Bike lane/path riding isn't my cup of tea, either. On the

There's a really simple solution...
Forum: General October 19th 09, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Claus Assmann
bikelane flamebait and going right

Peter Cole wrote:

Same old, same old. You don't have to translate (poorly) German sites to
hear the arguments, they're pretty old, and not well backed up with
research.

I invite you to...
Forum: General October 16th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Claus Assmann
bikelane flamebait and going right

Simon Lewis wrote:

The cause of accidents is usually apathetic cyclists not bothering to
ensure they have bee spotted. What happens is that the cars parked on

Oh, so now it's up to the victim...
Forum: General October 16th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Claus Assmann
bikelane flamebait and going right

Peter Cole wrote:

It's interesting to compare the US with Germany, which has made a
considerable investment in segregated bike facilities. The German auto
fatalities/mile are almost as high...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Claus Assmann
Fm Shi 9s to Campy 10s

Paul Kaldenberg wrote:

http://www.bike-components.de/shop/cat/c381_Road-Race-8-Speed.html
Campagnolo 32,50 Euro and Miche are 24 euro

Hmm, shipping to the US is 29,95 Euro, so that's not...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 09, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Claus Assmann
Fm Shi 9s to Campy 10s

--D-y wrote:
On Sep 29, Claus Assmann

It does? Where do I get a cheap 8 speed Campagnolo cassette?

http://tinyurl.com/ya8uqx

Error: Unable to find site's URL to redirect to.
Please...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 09, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Claus Assmann
Fm Shi 9s to Campy 10s

--D-y wrote:

Don't be bitter, guys. It just makes the 8 and 9 stuff cheaper, at
least for the moment.

It does? Where do I get a cheap 8 speed Campagnolo cassette?
Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Claus Assmann
Centaur RD Shift Adjustments

David Patnaude wrote:
I have ridden my road bike for many years with Centaur 10 speed brifters
and a 9 speed shimano rear wheel. I recently had the opportunity to upgrade
to a Campy 10 speed...
Forum: General June 21st 09, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Claus Assmann
Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

sally wrote:
Claus Assmann wrote in :
Not just Nashbar. I use "tagged" e-mail addresses, and the address
I gave to Performance Bikes has been used in...
Forum: General June 19th 09, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Claus Assmann
Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

Fritz wrote:

it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.

Not just Nashbar. I use "tagged" e-mail addresses, and the address
I gave to Performance Bikes has been used in...
Forum: Techniques February 26th 09, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Claus Assmann
Cleat positioning and pedaling motion

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

[sorry for breaking the threading, your posting still did not show
up on our newsserver, so I copied the text from some search engine.]

First, are these "Bont" shoes (for...
Forum: Techniques February 25th 09, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Claus Assmann
Bont shoes (was: Cleat positioning and pedaling motion)

raamman wrote:

[Bont cycling shoes]

track junkies...sure must look too snazzy compared to 14 yr old adidas

Yes, but even compared to my other shoes (e.g., Sidi 6.6, Adidas
Road Pro, Pearl Izumi...
Forum: Techniques February 25th 09, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Claus Assmann
Cleat positioning and pedaling motion

wrote:
On Feb 24, 6:36*pm, wrote:
"Claus Assmann" wrote:

Recently I bought a new pair of shoes (Bont) and I have problems...

On Feb 23, 9:27 pm, "Mike...
Forum: Techniques February 25th 09, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Claus Assmann
Cleat positioning and pedaling motion

Nick L Plate wrote:

Use your old shoes and see if the pain diminishes, either way see an

The pain was gone after another day, and I'm riding with other shoes
until I'll find a better way to...
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 09, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Claus Assmann
Cleat positioning and pedaling motion

Recently I bought a new pair of shoes (Bont) and I have problems
positioning the cleats correctly. Usually I simply compare new shoes
with old ones where I know that the cleats are placed properly,...
Forum: General January 1st 09, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Claus Assmann
Campagnolo Neutron or Zonda?

landotter wrote:

I snipped all the garbage. Just get some nice handbuilt 32H trad

Wow, thanks for being the expert here.

wheels on good hubs. maybe a 28H front if you're a lightweight....
Forum: General December 30th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Claus Assmann
Campagnolo Neutron or Zonda?

As I dented the rim of my Eurus rear wheel I have to buy a new
wheelset (for my training bike). I can't decide between Neutron and
Zonda: the Neutron is lighter (better for climbing) but the...
Forum: Techniques December 25th 08, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Claus Assmann
Just-riding-alone wheel failure, Mr Brandt, what are your ?opinions?

kc the gonococcus wrote:

Fact: Low spoke count wheels are less durable

This isn't even a statement (hence I can't say "this is wrong.")
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 08, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Claus Assmann
Can a dent in an aluminium rim be fixed?

jim beam wrote:

the #1 question is about dent size. small ones can sometimes be repaired,

About 15mm in length, and about 1.5mm "deep".

large ones, the rim is gone. chances are though, you...
Forum: Techniques December 1st 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Claus Assmann
Can a dent in an aluminium rim be fixed?

Last weekend I damaged the rim of my Campagnolo Eurus (previous
model with steel spokes) due to a pothole. The side wall has a
little (inwards) dent that is clearly noticeable during braking. I
asked...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63