Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pip Ryder
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 04:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Pip Ryder
Looks like SERCO have got Boris's bike hire contract.

spindrift wrote:

They transport prisoners, don't they?

They kill horses, don't they?
Forum: UK August 4th 09, 11:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Pip Ryder
How can I make my MTB a bit more functional in The City?

I used to live in the country, muddy tracks and hills abound, so I got
myself a nice MTB.

However, I moved south and there they don't have mud, just miles and
miles of tarmac.

I don't really want...
Forum: UK August 4th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Pip Ryder
Looks like SERCO have got Boris's bike hire contract.

spindrift wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/davehillblog/2009/aug/03/boris-london

Who are SERCO? Are they like CAPITA who used to get all the New Labour
contracts?
Forum: UK August 3rd 09, 07:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Pip Ryder
Toyota ad

Dave Larrington wrote:

a song
about heroin addiction to advertise portable telphonics devices, or a song
about S&M sex to advertise motor-car tyres, or a song about masturbation to
Forum: UK August 3rd 09, 07:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Pip Ryder
Toyota ad

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:08:20 +0100, Pip Ryder
wrote:

You really shouldn't watch TV ads, they're bad for the brain. If you
must watch...
Forum: UK August 3rd 09, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Pip Ryder
Toyota ad

Happi Monday wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I thought it was amusing that the tune used in the Toyota Ad (Love You
by The Free Design) mentions bicycles, tricycles and running but...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 02:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Pip Ryder
Mirror/shoulder interface

Eddie wrote:

Good grief. I'll have to start using humour tags in future.

Yes, if you intended that to be humor then maybe you should.

When someone came within an inch or two of seriously...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 01:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Pip Ryder
Mirror/shoulder interface

David Lloyd wrote:

Plus if he didn't realize the issue, all he'll think after option 3 is 'Some
fu##er has broken my mirror'. He won't be able to relate it to getting it
wrong on the road,...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 01:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By Pip Ryder
Doud showing off (pre beard)

Marc wrote:

Woudn't Newton make that 2.5 miles?

Guys, you're letting science get in the way of the facts! :)
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 01:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Pip Ryder
Asda £70 BSO

Mike P wrote:

Someone bought me a cheapy mountain bike 6 years
ago, badged a "Matrix" with full suspension. It's still going strong

How many miles have you done on it?

Also, why did you take...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 01:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Pip Ryder
Asda £70 BSO

Marc wrote:

You paid 60 Euros from an organisation subsidised by a government.

Yours doesn't seem a good deal to me.

Yeah, but his is a real bike and yours has had a ****load of time put...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 12:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Pip Ryder
Asda £70 BSO

Marc wrote:

Customising consisted of
Application of tape cost me .50 hr at a rate of £0/Euro per hour.
Changing colour matched saddle from one I had in garage .25 hr at a rate
of £0/Euro...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 12:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Pip Ryder
Asda £70 BSO... the plus side

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

my LBS has a second-hand display as well, as does the LBS I
don't use (but did buy my mountain bike from, second-hand)

Which LBS's are those? I'm in the market...
Forum: UK July 26th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Pip Ryder
TFL video

Keitht wrote:
Pip Ryder wrote:

I really don't think you understand the mindset of these people!

K&C are known for issuing something like 4 times as many parking permits
than there are...
Forum: UK July 26th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By Pip Ryder
Doud showing off (pre beard)

Rob Morley wrote:

Don't cloud the issue, we're talking about Doug's fascinating
ground-effect ideas here.

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when someone wins the
land...
Forum: UK July 25th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Pip Ryder
Bike with mudguards on.

Rob Morley wrote:
"Ken" wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

Just to show a nice recent bike with mudguards on.
What bike?
Forum: UK July 25th 09, 04:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Pip Ryder
Anyone fancy a ride on this?

Graham Harrison wrote:
http://www.andygraham.net/railbike/railbike.htm

I wonder how quick it is?

You'd have no chance of avoiding an oncoming vehicle!
Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 11:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 112
Posted By Pip Ryder
Cyclist doing nothing wrong killed in broad daylight. CPS donothing.

BrianW wrote:

That, presumably, applies also to cyclists. So that must mean I am
partly/largely to blame for my recent misfortune, in which a driver
pulled out in front of me whilst I was...
Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 11:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Pip Ryder
Asda £70 BSO

Roger Merriman wrote:

it's target market ie cheap bike to ride around a park or maybe to the
shops and back

Yeah. I know the kind of target market that you refer to...

Those chavs who shop at...
Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 11:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Pip Ryder
TFL video

Colin McKenzie wrote:

So we can now challenge the presumption that guardrailing makes
pedestrians safer, and then move on to point out that it makes cyclists
less safe.

Pedestrians have...
Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 10:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Pip Ryder
TFL video

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

about what Londoners want their streets for (hint: the convenience of
commuters is probably lower on the list than that of people walking
around their own...
Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Pip Ryder
TFL video

lardyninja wrote:

Got an email from TFL with a link to a video describing how cyclists and
lorry drivers can coexist peacefully.

Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 10:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Pip Ryder
Big Jens

Dave Larrington wrote:

Unconscious for 3-4 minutes, concussion, fractured cheekbone and unspecified
injury to right elbow. Big ouch :-(

That's nothing! You should have seen it when Colin...
Forum: UK July 21st 09, 03:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Pip Ryder
bikes and Southern trains

Tom Anderson wrote:

Not sure how you'll move the box around, though.

You've clearly never used Southern Trains! The standard protocol is to
leave the luggage in the gangway and to hell with...
Forum: UK July 21st 09, 02:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Pip Ryder
Somone had to do it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8159096.stm?ls

Can I be the first to ofer my sympathy to the 259 speeding cagers who
have been tragically deprived of their fenders on this sad and tragic...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65