Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Art Shapiro
Forum: Techniques July 28th 17, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Art Shapiro
Q: Replacing Campy Chainrings

On 7/27/2017 5:40 PM, AMuzi wrote:

Spacer FC-RE006 goes between the ring and the chainring seat on the back
of the crank arm

Thanks, Andrew and Emanuel. I was surprised to not find the...
Forum: Techniques July 28th 17, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Art Shapiro
Q: Replacing Campy Chainrings

I just replaced the badly-worn 50t chainring on a Campy Record compact
crank. And I'm left with one part: a very thin (0.004") shiny metal
washer. It fits over the threads but not the actual...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 17, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 100
Posted By Art Shapiro
Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

On 4/20/2017 10:18 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

With all ofthe replies about just about everything else, did you get a definitive reply that ANSWERED your question about whether to use a Grade 5 or...
Forum: Techniques April 20th 17, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 100
Posted By Art Shapiro
Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

On 4/17/2017 1:52 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

Get a new stem. This one is a flawed design. There is built-in problem with the shape of the part, and that is a lack of remaining metal around the bolt...
Forum: Techniques April 14th 17, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 100
Posted By Art Shapiro
Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

On 4/14/2017 10:24 AM, wrote:

I am horrified that anyone would need a Grade 8 bolt for a stem. I would get a stem that uses
two stainless bolts to clamp to the steerer and...
Forum: Techniques April 14th 17, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 100
Posted By Art Shapiro
Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

On 4/14/2017 7:27 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Any metric fastener supplier if not your local hardware store.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=DIN+912+grade+8&t=ha&ia=web

Thanks. That search engine link...
Forum: Techniques April 14th 17, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 100
Posted By Art Shapiro
Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

On 4/14/2017 5:35 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Original handlebar clamp bolts are Grade 8; readily available and cheap.
Grade 5 may be strong enough but for pennies difference I suggest an 8.

How does one...
Forum: Techniques April 14th 17, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 100
Posted By Art Shapiro
Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

I had a bit of an adventure when one of the two handlebar-fixing bolts
on my Deda Murex quilled stem decided to snap with a rather impressive
cracking noise. I somehow didn't crash and happened to...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 15, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Art Shapiro
Wheel technology

On 8/25/2015 7:06 PM, John B. wrote:

Anyone know anything about this? Good? Bad? Why?

It flies in the face of conventional wisdom, and happens to be correct.

The side with more crossings (left)...
Forum: Techniques June 10th 12, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Art Shapiro
Help: Campy Shifting

On 6/5/2012 11:36 AM, Arthur Shapiro wrote:
The patient is a 2x10 Campy Record Habanero road bike.

If anyone cares, the bike shifted very well on today's ride. I tried
many of your suggestions...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 12, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Art Shapiro
Help: Campy Shifting

On 6/6/2012 8:04 AM, thirty-six wrote:
Try bringing the jockey pulley in
with the angle adjustment screw of the drailleur.

Thanks, but I don't believe Campy has angle adjustments!

Everyone,...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 12, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Art Shapiro
Help: Campy Shifting

On 6/6/2012 8:04 AM, thirty-six wrote:
Try bringing the jockey pulley in
with the angle adjustment screw of the drailleur.

Thanks, but I don't believe Campy has angle adjustments!

Everyone,...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 11, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Art Shapiro
Which Glue for Velcro Repair

On 9/20/2011 4:40 PM, AMuzi wrote:

SiDis haven't been leather for 15+ years now.

Right - when I got home she had already glued it with some sort of
Gorilla product that I think was just a cyano...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 11, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Art Shapiro
Truing Campy Wheels

On 5/7/2011 4:52 PM, thirty-six wrote:

However you get on, buy yourself a toolbox to house your bike specific
tools. Use a lock to prevent unknown borrowing.

Uh, not an issue - I have a...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 11, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Art Shapiro
Truing Campy Wheels

On 5/3/2011 11:25 PM, wrote:

Not sure about the Eurus wheels. But my old time Shamal and Vento
wheels have DT internal nipples. They take 5.5mm nutdriver...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 11, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Art Shapiro
Truing Campy Wheels

On 5/1/2011 4:49 PM, Art Shapiro wrote:

Is there anything magic (i.e. non-standard) about that Campy spoke
wrench, or can I just run over to Sears and pick up a 6 mm. wrench?

I'll answer my own...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 11, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Art Shapiro
Truing Campy Wheels

I've had my Eurus wheels for a number of years, and they are just
reaching the point where I need to touch-up the true.

Naturally, the packet of tools and "stuff" that came with the wheels is...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17