Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Forum: Techniques March 11th 17, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Shoe Overlap

For your reference, records indicate that
James wrote:

I had a bike with some overlap, but not that much.

I’ve only experienced it on a bike after adding fenders. ...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 17, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 62
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Fresh satellite photos for bike path conditions?

For your reference, records indicate that
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

just posting the trail condition videos

This is the answer, no drones required. If the agency involved with...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 17, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Age where it is no longer appropriate for children to ride on sidewalks?

For your reference, records indicate that
sms wrote:

But the consensus was that by
raising the age limit we are encouraging kids to ride because the kids
and...
Forum: Techniques November 13th 16, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Presta Valve Stem: Screw-On Ring Inside As Well As Outside?

For your reference, records indicate that
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I've torn a couple of Presta valve stems out of the tube by yanking too
hard when pulling off the pump head.
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 16, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
New bike lock

For your reference, records indicate that
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Instead, I suggest decorating a U-lock to look like a stick of
dynamite.
Forum: Techniques October 3rd 16, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
when-a-bike-is-not-a-bike [sic]

For your reference, records indicate that
Radey Shouman wrote:

I thought that had already been covered:

http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/index.php

It’s gotten to the...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 16, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
when-a-bike-is-not-a-bike [sic]

On 2016-10-01 13:50, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
Forum: Techniques July 20th 16, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Lowering a seat

For your reference, records indicate that
Ned Mantei wrote:

My impression is that most people want to swing a leg over the saddle
while standing. I'm not sure if this...
Forum: Techniques July 2nd 16, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
what is the blue/cyanic stuff sometimes found in bolt threads?

Emanuel Berg wrote:

What is the blue/cyanic stuff sometimes found
in bolt threads?

Likely a thread locker, to keep things...
Forum: Techniques April 21st 16, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
The cost of Century Rides

For your reference, records indicate that
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Normal economic theory always said that when prices rise, fewer sales
will occur

Not if the product...
Forum: Techniques February 17th 16, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Doc O'Leary[_20_]
Traction

For your reference, records indicate that
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Do others do this? If so, why?

I like to keep my body weight as dynamic as possible when riding...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11