Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roberto Divia
Forum: UK October 10th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Roberto Divia
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

Artemisia wrote:
How can this be happening? Widdershins, my beautiful recumbent trike,
has suffered three punctures on three consecutive riding days.

They are all on the same, right-front...
Forum: General October 10th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36

Artemisia wrote:
How can this be happening? Widdershins, my beautiful recumbent trike,
has suffered three punctures on three consecutive riding days.

They are all on the same, right-front...
Forum: UK May 3rd 07, 07:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Roberto Divia
OT - Horizon at CERN

Richard Bates wrote:
John Hearns wrote:
Wildly OT for this group. Horizon on BBC2 now is on the Large Hadron
Collider. Should be good. Please turn over if you are watching the box.

Not...
Forum: General April 18th 07, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Roberto Divia
why the hell did my tire blew up?

Bill Sornson wrote:
wrote:
[...]
Are there easy ways to check for that? Like, smth easy to miss by just
looking?

Put 30-40 psi in the tire and "massage" the tire...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 07, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Roberto Divia
Tires and railroad tracks

wrote:
Ernie Willson writes:

Assuming that you had to ride a bike across a set of railroad tracks
which were at a steep angle to you (i.e. nearly parallel...
Forum: Techniques November 9th 06, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Roberto Divia
tire pressure for slippery pavement

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
This morning's regular Tuesday/Thursday-morning ride was memorable due to
some unexpected, and *very* slippery pavement. The fog had burned off
some time...
Forum: Techniques November 8th 06, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
This morning's regular Tuesday/Thursday-morning ride was memorable due to
some unexpected, and *very* slippery pavement. The fog had burned off some
time earlier, but...
Forum: Rides September 22nd 06, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Roberto Divia
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

wrote:
So what don't you like about the BrĂ¼nig Pass? The short 13% section
on the south side isn't significant and other than that I find it has
lovely...
Forum: Rides September 22nd 06, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Roberto Divia
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

Ken Roberts wrote:
Roberto Divia wrote
passes,
Those that don't have a rack usually accept them either in the luggage...
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Roberto Divia
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

wrote:
Roberto Divia wrote:
In this case, I may suggest for the next trip to try the Engadin, in
particular the Albula, Often and the Bernina (where you can see snow
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Roberto Divia
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

wrote:
I did it the very same way starting and ending in Meiringen, a few
years back with Mike Perry, from Washington DC. Just wonderful,
provided one duely avoids the...
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Roberto Divia
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

Ken Roberts wrote:
I was glad to get to try out some of the high passes in Switzerland
suggested on this newsgroup in the last couple of months by Sergio and
Roberto, and the ever-helpful...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Roberto Divia
Replacing battery in my Polar HRM

Jason Spaceman wrote:
I have a Polar s720i heart rate monitor (got it for Xmas 2003). The
battery appears to be nearing the end of its life, as the heart rate
and speedometer functions no...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Roberto Divia
Replacing battery in my Polar HRM

dtmeister wrote:
I just sent the watch back. As for the strap, mine died well before 2500
hours, more like 1300 hours. Symptoms were an increase in the level of
erratic HR readings over...
Forum: UK August 25th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Roberto Divia
Independant witnesses....

wrote:
The discussion on how drivers seem to be immune to castigation without
independant witnessing has prompted this observation / question...

On my daily commute to...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 06, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.satellite.gps.garmin
Replies: 37
Posted By Roberto Divia
Mounting a GPS

Don Lancaster wrote:
I put the GPS on my handlebar and tape the Garmin GA25 MCX antenna to my
stem, I never get less than 9 satellites but never an EGNOS signal.
Accuracy never goes far from...
Forum: Techniques August 22nd 06, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.satellite.gps.garmin
Replies: 37
Posted By Roberto Divia
Mounting a GPS

Artoi wrote:
Anyone have any comment on the mounting of a GPS unit on a bike?

I would like to make better use of Garmin Etrex Vista Cx with my new
bike and have temporarily used two velcro...
Forum: Rides July 31st 06, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 12
Posted By Roberto Divia
grosse scheidegg/swiss bike route #4 questions

Ken Roberts wrote:
Roberto Divia wrote
I would recommend to do the Simmenthal ... either Mosses pass or Pillon
pass.

Does it add much interesting to climb over Col de la Croix go thru
Forum: Rides July 28th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 12
Posted By Roberto Divia
grosse scheidegg/swiss bike route #4 questions

wrote:
I've read Jobst Brandt's reports, which seem to indicate that there is
a paved road accessible to road bikes from Grindelwald over Scheidegg
and into Rosenlaui. I...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 06, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Roberto Divia
Installing new chain

Chris Nelson wrote:
Sheldon Brown wrote:

(I'm a Sram Powerlink guy)

I avoid Shimano chains also but got frustrated with SRAM Powerlink as I
found them annoying to remove. I've had a...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 06, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Roberto Divia
Installing new chain

waxbytes wrote:
I was putting on a new HG73 chain when the directions fell out of the
box engrish side up. I made the mistake of reading them. According to
Shimano, the chain is stronger if the...
Forum: Techniques July 14th 06, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Roberto Divia
chain slip

wrote:
My chain has this annoying habit of slipping, Ive checked it over and
cant see any stiff links, and the cogs seem fine (and it happens in
several gears). It happens...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22