Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ned Mantei
Forum: Techniques March 28th 18, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Ned Mantei
Silent hubs

On 27-03-18 22:47, Joerg wrote:
Many folks with other freehubs don't need to holler "on your left" when
rolling downhill because you can hear the GRRRR.

How can I get people to holler that here...
Forum: Techniques March 2nd 18, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Ned Mantei
The lone 26er in a forest full of 29ers and 27.5ers

On 01-03-18 16:33, jbeattie wrote:

Shall we start a discussion about the long almost invisible leashes? Boy the really **** me off.

That is a serious hazard. I have many personal anecdotes,...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 18, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ned Mantei
not enough standards

On 2018-01-22 03:50, Ned Mantei wrote:
On 20-01-18 20:52, Joerg wrote:
That was in a different context. I meant that a smaller chain ring up
front...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 18, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ned Mantei
not enough standards

On 20-01-18 20:52, Joerg wrote:
That was in a different context. I meant that a smaller chain ring up
front (especially if there is only one) seriously crimps the usefulness
of a bike for...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 17, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ned Mantei
Mountain bike tire/wheel sizes

On 04-12-17 00:59, Frank Krygowski wrote:
In what seems to be perennial efforts to churn the market, mountain bike
designers went from 26" (ISO 559) to the ones knicknamed 29" (ISO 622,
same as...
Forum: Techniques December 1st 17, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Ned Mantei
Completing mudguards

On 01-12-17 11:38, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Frank Krygowski, 2017-11-30 21:22+0100:
I assume you're talking about what we call "mud flaps," like this:
Forum: Techniques October 19th 17, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Ned Mantei
California law about E-bike use for 70 and above?

On 19-10-17 01:31, Joerg wrote:
Folks,

There was a story in the Wall Street Journal where a Californian rider
said that people 70 and older are now allowed to use E-bikes on MTB
trails. I...
Forum: Techniques June 21st 17, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 89
Posted By Ned Mantei
Rubber cement question

On 21-06-17 03:26, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
That's precisely why I check my tube of glue BEFORE I go on a longer ride. It's part of my Pre-Ride checklist. I'd rather discover a problem here at home...
Forum: Techniques August 19th 16, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ned Mantei
Maybe I should have left the old chain on

On 18-08-16 19:00, Duane wrote:
On 18/08/2016 12:11 PM, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 8:54:36 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
I tend to get at least 5000 miles...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 16, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Ned Mantei
knackered bottom bracket

On 10-08-16 02:44, jbeattie wrote:

I did my own wiring for a bathroom remodel, and the inspector didn't ding me for not using an electrician -- and I wired new circuits into the panel. Maybe...
Forum: Techniques May 12th 16, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Ned Mantei
brakes for 28mm tires?

On 12-05-16 15:23, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/12/2016 7:01 AM, Ned Mantei wrote:
On 11-05-16 00:49, Frank Krygowski wrote:
My friend is still shopping for a bike. One sticking point: ...
Forum: Techniques May 12th 16, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Ned Mantei
brakes for 28mm tires?

On 11-05-16 00:49, Frank Krygowski wrote:
My friend is still shopping for a bike. One sticking point: Seems like
most low- to mid-range road bikes come with dual pivot brakes (usually
Tektro,...
Forum: Techniques April 6th 16, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By Ned Mantei
559 is dead?

On 05-04-16 17:20, sms wrote:
On 4/2/2016 2:50 PM, AMuzi wrote:
who knew?

Forum: Techniques June 22nd 15, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Ned Mantei
Quick Links

On 21-06-15 23:50, wrote:
mooooooving away from the consumer circus, cutting out a container with window into spray area,

using an auto disc brake overhaul spray cleaner jetted...
Forum: Techniques December 26th 13, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Ned Mantei
how to replace tire studs (Schwalbe Marathon Winter)?

On 24.12.13, 5:07 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:35:24 AM UTC-5, Ned Mantei wrote:
After two months the Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded tires on my

Forum: Techniques May 2nd 13, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Ned Mantei
I can't believe I waited so long.

In article , (Király)
wrote:

About 10 years ago I put Shimano LX parallel-push V-brakes on my touring
bike. Ever since then the front one has...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 13, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By Ned Mantei
Dropout spacing

In article
,
Jay Beattie wrote:

snip...

Andre Jute

Hmm. How much people want what...
Forum: Techniques April 20th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ned Mantei
stem length

In article , Joe Riel
wrote:

Ned Mantei writes:

In January of 2006 there was a discussion of stem length here on
Forum: Techniques April 20th 12, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ned Mantei
stem length

In January of 2006 there was a discussion of stem length here on
rec.bicycles.tech:

***************
Michael Press wrote:

But since wheel size and fork offset are not scaled up, I...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 12, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Ned Mantei
Installing KMC "MissingLink"

In article ,
(Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

I replaced my chain yesterday, and as usual put another KMC X10SL on the
Habanero.

Forum: Techniques January 30th 12, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Ned Mantei wrote:

After two months the Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded tires on my
everyday...
Forum: Techniques January 29th 12, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Ned Mantei
how to replace tire studs (Schwalbe Marathon Winter)?

After two months the Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded tires on my
everyday bike have lost 11 spikes/studs (8 in the front, 3 in back). I
bought some replacement studs, but have had no luck fitting...
Forum: Techniques December 26th 11, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Ned Mantei
Stem Failure?

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:28:08 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Does this...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 11, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Ned Mantei
folding bike for touring

In article
,
bobdobbs wrote:

I am a lifelong bike tourer contemplating buying a folding bike for
Forum: Techniques November 27th 10, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Ned Mantei
mini pumps

In article ,
"Mark Cleary" wrote:

Any recommendations on a mini pump that can get your tires to at least 90
psi without too...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61