Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: davet
Forum: Techniques March 4th 14, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By davet
Shimano AX brakes?

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:46:46 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Qheb Shimano came out with their AX aero groupsets there were many interesting things tried with it.Dyna-drive pedals, deraillers...
Forum: General July 8th 09, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By davet
Bike Shipping - Recommendations?

On Jul 7, 6:43*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I am going on an Adventure Cycling tour starting and ending in
Jackson, Wy in mid-August. I need to find a good way to ship a
Forum: Techniques March 24th 09, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 95
Posted By davet
Favorite 700c/28mm slick w/folding bead?

On Mar 23, 5:47*pm, BCDrums wrote:
On Mar 23, 7:15*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On Mar 23, 1:02*pm, BCDrums wrote:

Am...
Forum: Techniques March 23rd 09, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By davet
cardiff leather saddles

On Mar 23, 7:25*am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Anyone have experience with Cardiff leather saddles? *I already have a
B-17, but supposedly these Cardiff's have a rail...
Forum: Marketplace May 29th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By davet
For those who like art

On May 28, 5:27 am, " wrote:
On May 28, 6:20 am, wrote:

On May 28, 5:43 am, " wrote:

Forum: Techniques May 29th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By davet
For those who like art

On May 28, 5:27 am, " wrote:
On May 28, 6:20 am, wrote:

On May 28, 5:43 am, " wrote:

Forum: Techniques September 8th 07, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By davet
Cycling Route Mapping Website

On Sep 8, 3:07 pm, David Crist
wrote:
Is there a website that maps cycling routes on lesser traveled roads?

Try this: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/
Forum: Techniques September 4th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By davet
Can't shift into tallest gear

On Sep 3, 2:55 pm, wrote:
Wondering is someone might have some tech suggestions for an issue I
started having.

Recently, my bike began mis-shifting (2007 Jamis Xenith...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 07, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By davet
Shimano DA-7700 9 spd bar end shifters with Shimano 10 spd cassette?

On Aug 7, 9:41 pm, wrote:
Will this combination work? The rest of the drivetrain is 9 spd
Ultegra. I happened to notice that the
Dura Ace bar end shifters have an extra...
Forum: Techniques July 28th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By davet
need advice- Looking at buying soime Spinergy Carbon Rev X race wheels.

On Jul 28, 2:36 am, wrote:
From add

"Spinergy Carbon Rev X race wheels.

Bearings and skewers are in good order - the wheels run true with no
nicks or cracks in the...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By davet
Odd DuraAce Jockey Wheels: what are they?

On Jul 13, 3:05 pm, RS wrote:
What kind of jockey wheels are these? They're on a DuraAce 7700ss
and the writing says "DuraAce sealed bearing pulley" on the lower but
Forum: Techniques May 30th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By davet
elementary tire question

On May 30, 4:47 am, catzz66 wrote:
You would think your front tire rolls slightly more than the rear tire
basically all the time because it makes wider circles. ...
Forum: UK April 2nd 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By davet
Brooks Swift/Swallow

On Apr 1, 8:15 pm, "Callistus Valerius" wrote:
Hello Andrew

I have a qualified opinon on that question: I have been riding brevets
for 4 years on a Swift -...
Forum: Techniques April 2nd 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 46
Posted By davet
Brooks Swift/Swallow

On Apr 1, 8:15 pm, "Callistus Valerius" wrote:
Hello Andrew

I have a qualified opinon on that question: I have been riding brevets
for 4 years on a Swift -...
Forum: Marketplace April 1st 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By davet
WTB: Dura Ace right shifter

I lost/misplaced/can'tfind my right Dura Ace 9-sp shifter, so I need
to buy another one. Should be in excellent or better conditiona and
working perfectly. Please e-mail me if you have something I...
Forum: Techniques March 25th 07, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By davet
Bulk frame tubing

On Mar 24, 12:23 pm, wrote:
Hey i was just wondering if someone could me point in the direction to
a good tubing supplier. I want to build the frame from scratch and
weld...
Forum: Techniques March 23rd 07, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By davet
Front Derailleur + crank question

On Mar 23, 7:51 am, "jim" wrote:
Hey all,

I have a bike with an older ('03) Dura-Ace triple front derailleur and
brifters + crank. I'd like to install a Ritchey double...
Forum: Techniques March 16th 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By davet
11-28 9-speed Cassette?

On Mar 15, 10:59 pm, RS wrote:
Does anyone make a 9-speed 11-28 cassette? Reasonabley priced in
approximate Ultegra quality? thanks.

IRD....
Forum: Marketplace January 17th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By davet
WTB: Brooks B-17 saddles

I'm looking to buy a couple of used Brooks B-17 saddles in very good to
excellent condition. No scrapes or gouges. First color choice is dark
brown, but honey or black is good too. I would consider...
Forum: Marketplace January 12th 07, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By davet
FS: Garmin Edge 305 GPS

Brand new in the box Garmin Edge 305, with cadence. Wireless speed and
cadence sensor, altimeter, bike mount, waterproof. Training Center
software for PC post-ride analysis and all paperwork. $300...
Forum: Techniques January 5th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By davet
Koolstop brake pads

Joel wrote:
I just installed some Koolstop pads on my Dura Ace brakes.
They seem thinner than Dura Ace pads which makes me wonder how long
they will last.
Also they flare out towards the...
Forum: Techniques December 23rd 06, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By davet
Life in the bike shop

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vkvRKyzr_Q&mode=related&search

Sign in background: "Shop Labor Rate, $60 per Hour"
Forum: Techniques December 20th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By davet
Looking for frame builders for repair

Sam wrote:
Hello to all -

I am trying to find a good frame builder to do a (what I hope
is) minor repair to a frame of mine.
It has a dent in one of the seat stays just below where the
Forum: Techniques November 19th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By davet
Should a Hollowtech II spindle be greased?

sal wrote:
Should the spindle on a Hollowtech II crank be greased before installation,
or is it only necessary to grease the threads on the bottom bracket
cartridge bearings?

Thanks,
Forum: Marketplace October 30th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 2
Posted By davet
FS: 60cm Litton road bike

WheelsDealsThings wrote:
$275 or BO + shipping
excellent condition, includes fork, headset, DuraAce 175mm cranks, seatpost.

.gifs available on request. this bike is probably 7 years old. I t...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29