Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: p1choco
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 06, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By p1choco
13 gauge spokes?

mornish wrote:
yes, but were all talking about 36 hole wheels correct?

not many unis use 48 holes...

Not many but the DX and QU-AX trials use 48 hole. There are others as
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By p1choco
13 gauge spokes?

kington99 wrote:
Except thicker spokes weigh more?

That may be the case but you are dealing with less of them. If you
were to compare identical rims and hubs laced with a) 48 12g spokes and
b)...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 06, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By p1choco
13 gauge spokes?

Ian Smith wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, p1choco wrote:

Speaking in technical terms, I guess it is. A thicker gauge is
typically stronger than a thinner gauge.

No. A thicker...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 06, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By p1choco
13 gauge spokes?

Speaking in technical terms, I guess it is. A thicker gauge is
typically stronger than a thinner gauge. Using a thicker gauge lets
you use less spokes because of the added strength. Less spokes...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 06, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By p1choco
13 gauge spokes?

blackbike wrote:
really?

Yes. Really. This is straight from UDC. Look for the bold and
highlighted words:p
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By p1choco
13 gauge spokes?

The moment hub is advertised as using 13 gauge spokes. I would say not
to worry about trying to find 13 gauge and go for the 14. They are
easier to find and probably more abundant.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 06, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By p1choco
Shoud I hack my DX seat or buy a ne one?

john_childs wrote:
peeling
I hate noticing things like that after the edit window expires. :(

Damn that time limit ;)

--
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 06, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By p1choco
Shoud I hack my DX seat or buy a ne one?

Cutting it might not be as hard as you think. If you already have the
option of buying a new one, what would it hurt to carefully hack your
new one. Putting the cover back on is way easier if you...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 06, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By p1choco
Outer seat post

maximus unius wrote:
AND what would you do if you ned to raise the seat? You would have to
move the clamp up with it.

Make it a cut to fit. Unless you are adjusting the height of your...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 06, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By p1choco
Bigger and Better

I am still fairly new to the sport of unicycling and after grasping the
basic concepts, I figured it was time to move on to bigger and better
things. Thus far all my attempts to make a custom...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By p1choco
Painting my Rim

Oops. I guess I wasted too much time editing. 'Paint mask.'
(http://tinyurl.com/u9988)

--
p1choco
p1choco's Profile:...

I hope all goes well. The key to painting is in the prep and patients.
Usually if you don't prep it right, the paint doesn't stick good to the
metal. If you prep good, you will usually get a nice...
Forum: Unicycling October 12th 06, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By p1choco
KH 2007 hub and the DX bearings

peter.bier wrote:
Depends on the brand. Koxx have already been mentioned. KH and Qu-ax
ISIS systems both use an unusual size bearing specially produced by
Qu-ax. It has an OD of 42mm, width...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 06, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By p1choco
Cool trials vid

Disclaimer, this vid is with a, *gasp* trials bike. Pretty cool chit
though.

http://www.break.com/index/sweet_bike_tricks.html

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 06, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By p1choco
China bearings Manufacturer

Interesting. Do you have anything that fits on unicycles. I don't have
the specs so I'm hoping you know. I'd like to try out some needles
bearings in my custom i'm in the process of...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15