Showing results 1 to 25 of 164
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Boyd[_4_]
Forum: UK October 3rd 08, 04:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
nuxx bar - action commenced

On 03/10/2008 16:32, Tim Dunne said,

The part that read 'The solicitor recommends that all members of this
group cease responding to the individual known as nuxx bar and do not
respond to...
Forum: UK October 3rd 08, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
nuxx bar - action commenced

On 03/10/2008 13:57, Rob Morley said,

Plonk.

Jesus Christ - are you all thick? The utter irony of the comment Nuxx
made must have gone straight over all of your heads.

In your case though,...
Forum: UK October 3rd 08, 04:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
nuxx bar - action commenced

On 03/10/2008 13:23, Ian Smith said,

Crap snipped

WTF is going on here?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

On 03/10/2008 13:05, Tim Dunne said,

Is there any chance you might stop acting the plank anytime soon? Did
you read the o/p at all?

Can I ask what I've ever done to you? You seem to be...
Forum: UK October 3rd 08, 04:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Repairing disc brakes

On 03/10/2008 14:10, Clive George said,

Ok, another advantage of magura/shimano mineral oil is that it isn't
hygroscopic so doesn't go off in the same way.

Actually, that's probably the main...
Forum: UK October 2nd 08, 06:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Repairing disc brakes

On 02/10/2008 13:55, Colin Blackburn said,
Due to initial neglect and then extended procrastination the disc brakes
on my MTB are wrecked. Over last winter something happened
(freeze-thaw?)...
Forum: UK October 1st 08, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 95
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
£38,000,000,000 for cycling

On 01/10/2008 19:44, Jens Müller said,

Several? Maybe exactly one.

UK.rec.cycling. Population of UK is approx 60 million. £38bn divided
by 60m people gives £633 each.

OK then, half a bike...
Forum: UK September 30th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Paging the FOAK

On 30/09/2008 06:36, Tosspot said,

And yes, I have mangled one, not the first either, so a packet of 1/2
dozen would keep me going into my dotage.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. They do...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Paging the FOAK

On 30/09/2008 06:36, Tosspot said,

And yes, I have mangled one, not the first either, so a packet of 1/2
dozen would keep me going into my dotage.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. They do...
Forum: UK September 29th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Mixing the "wrong" headset/fork and stem

On 29/09/2008 19:13, Rob Morley said,

You need to change the stem either way. With a quill stem you don't
need to adjust the headset on reassembly.

Yebbut.... with a quill stem you have to...
Forum: UK September 29th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Mixing the "wrong" headset/fork and stem

On 29/09/2008 18:51, Rob Morley said,

Not as easy as it is with a quill stem (assuming it hasn't seized).

How about if you decide you want a little bit more reach? :-)

--
Paul...
Forum: UK September 29th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Mixing the "wrong" headset/fork and stem

On 29/09/2008 16:49, Richard Thrippleton said,

The main issue is adjustability; I don't want to have to buy spacers and
a new set of forks each time I feel like having higher or lower
Forum: UK September 22nd 08, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
M48 cyclepath

On 22/09/2008 20:46, Colin Langdon said,

I have used the M6 toll road precisely once, assuming, as everywhere
else, our Daihatsu Hijet would be charged as a car.

On the Severn Bridges, that...
Forum: UK September 22nd 08, 06:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
M48 cyclepath

On 22/09/2008 09:14, Chris Malcolm said,

The argument put forward by motorcycling organisations and accepted by
some toll bridge operators is that motorcycles use up less road space
than a car...
Forum: UK September 21st 08, 10:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
dismantled my Shimano Nexus 8 hub

On 21/09/2008 21:04, Just zis Guy, you know? said,

But did you find the ping****it clip?

It was under the fridge :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

On 21/09/2008 15:20, burtthebike said,

The bridge operators, who have men working on the cycle path, weren't
the remotest bit interested, despite the rather obvious health and
safety...
Forum: UK September 21st 08, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
M48 cyclepath

On 21/09/2008 15:15, JNugent said,

I take it that they also avoid the toll (assuming one is payable by
motor-cyclists)?

The toll structure on both bridges is a little bizarre, to say the...
Forum: UK September 19th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
another nasty farcility

On 19/09/2008 10:15, Peter Clinch said,

Hey ho. I tried them both and landed in the same place, some
glitch-ette in FF3 perhaps? shrug

Works fine in FF3 for me :-)

--
Paul...
Forum: UK September 19th 08, 10:20 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 19/09/2008 09:56, wafflycat said,

http://tinyurl.com/3zq2u2

The farcility gets cycle lanes/general road lanes crossing again, where
a cyclist wanting to go straight on is placed in what...
Forum: UK September 9th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
A pain in the bum

On 09/09/2008 10:12, aigle_de_la_route said,

I've got another 1400 miles of this ?? :-P

Oooh... well, after 12 years I decided me and my B17 weren't made for
each other. At least I gave it a...
Forum: UK September 5th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Wheel-Rim Sizing

On 05/09/2008 03:42, Clive George said,

(I was going to say Chain Reaction Cycles,
but failed to drive their website appropriately - do they still do wheels?)

Apparently not, which is a shame....
Forum: UK August 31st 08, 10:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Progress

On 31/08/2008 21:14, TimHenderson said,

Google found an amzing YouTube clip showing Edogawa in action :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE4fvwTBtno

Idly wonders what would happen to a tandem......
Forum: UK August 31st 08, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Mercian

On 31/08/2008 12:41, Just zis Guy, you know? said,

But surely that saddle... isn't it a ShelBroCo RealMan(TM)?

LOL :-) Looking back now, what was I thinking putting that on the bike?

--
Paul...
Forum: UK August 31st 08, 11:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 31/08/2008 10:22, Just zis Guy, you know? said,

The nicest looking bike I ever owned was my midnight blue Dawes
Super Galaxy, though.

I think my favourite bike was built up on an 'M Steel'...
Forum: UK August 30th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87
Posted By Paul Boyd[_4_]
Death of this group.

On 30/08/2008 18:33, Daniel Barlow said,

Oh, is she still here?

My thoughts exactly :-)

--
Paul Boyd