Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: osmundo
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By osmundo
Glad I was wearing a helmet

Last winter I was descending a bike path on my Coker. I hit a patch of
black ice and it happened so fast I had no time to react. I fell
straight back and hit the back of my head, literally...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By osmundo
need hill climbing advice

I love hillclimbing on my 36er. Based on Aspen Mike's advice, I started
with 170s for major hillclimbs, but as I grew stronger and desired more
speed I started messing with the 150 and 125 mm...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By osmundo
Happy Holidays

Awesome photo! Feliz navidad y ano nuevo!

--
osmundo
osmundo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13723

I really feel for you. The expense and anticipation of getting these
GUNIs setup is immense and to have it break down after 6th ride is truly
a bummer. I hope you get things resolved quickly. I...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By osmundo
Guni wheel-build question

Steve- Congrats on the schlumpf! You are heroic to build your first
wheel with this hub. I hope you like it as much as I do. Initially I
was discouraged by the amount of slop and my inability...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By osmundo
Are handlebars worth it?

tomblackwood;1133605 wrote:
Yeah, but you're just a tiny little kid...what do you know?

I learned everything I needed to know about life and unicycling in
Kindergarten.:)

--
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21

Hey, i'm the lone negative apparently. I do have the KH muni handle,
but that isn't much of a handle, really. I ride a lot of distance, a
couple of centuries and many, many 50+ mile rides. I have...
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 08, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By osmundo
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

GizmoDuck;1123687 wrote:
It never ends!!!!

I just tried shifting it manually and if you don't push the shifter in
far enough you get to some deadzone where the thing will freewheel
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By osmundo
Pictures of your latest ride

jaco_flans;1123403 wrote:
is this a 36" Triton???

Yes. It is.

Mike, your last pic is spectacular. That looks like is was an awesome
ascent.
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By osmundo
Pictures of your latest ride

I went camping with the kids in Arches for several days. I brought
along the super GUNI and had some amazing rides. Arches has nicely
maintained paved roads through spectacular scenery. There are...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By osmundo
3 yeras of riding - declaration of love

Turtle
Your pics are amazing. I always enjoy them and this montage is no
exception. Keep it coming!

--
osmundo
osmundo's...

I ride a conundrum 26er. The switch to a 3 inch tire from the 3.7 gave
me a lot more control and precision. I don't find the weight of the
frame to be significant, but the tire weight from 24 to 26...
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By osmundo
My KH26

I'm still lovin' the 26"er ... yours looks very yummy. How's the
climbing on 150s? I have the surly frame and if you can fit an endo in
the KH I'll be sorely disappointed because the surly frame is...
Forum: Unicycling August 23rd 08, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By osmundo
Future of Unicycle Road Racing (here's what I think; what do you think?)

Carey wrote:
My perspective (being from Colorado) is that unicycles will have truly
arrived when the first guni beats the train to Silverton in the Iron
Horse. I'm guessing 3 years from...
Forum: Unicycling August 5th 08, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By osmundo
Some Portland Biker got passed by one of us, methinks :-D

Somewhat related is a blog that mentioned me on the mount evans climb
http://tinyurl.com/6khagl

--
osmundo
osmundo's...

You da man, Chuck! Way to go!!

--
osmundo
osmundo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13723
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling July 26th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By osmundo
Interview on TV3 last night

Ken-
Fantastic job with the interview. You're looking speedy...good luck!

--
osmundo
osmundo's Profile:...

Mike-
if you read this know I'm sending you positive vibes. Your courageous
spirit will get you through this. Keep us posted if you can. Peace.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 24th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By osmundo
Who's Had a 29" Tube Blowout When in a Coker Wheel?

Eroick wrote:
Well, I can go tubeless but there is a major trade off. The maximum
pressure is 30 PSI. On the nightrider tire, this is only 1/2 of the max
recommended pressure, but it is only 2...
Forum: Unicycling July 24th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By osmundo
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Mike-
Phenomenal achievement. That sounds like an amazing ride.

--
osmundo
osmundo's Profile:...

Bondo, NPR never found me, and I never found the beer:mad: !! We'll
have to catch a post-ride cold one next time.
Surf...click on the attachment, copy the URL, then click, "insert
image" and past...
Forum: Unicycling July 20th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By osmundo
Bob Cook Memorial/Mount Evans Hill Climb 2008

What a great day! I love this race! We had unbelievable weather and,
as expected, Bondo and I were warmly received by the hundreds of bikes.
I felt strong all the way the the top. I cramped up...
Forum: Unicycling July 20th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By osmundo
Who's Had a 29" Tube Blowout When in a Coker Wheel?

I also run 29er tubes. Scott posted a pretty thorough guide on how to
make it work. I've had them run for hundreds of miles without
problems. Like Chuck, I carry a spare 36er on long, unsupported...
Forum: Unicycling July 17th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By osmundo
Bob Cook Memorial/Mount Evans Hill Climb 2008

I'll bring it. if you could bring a saddle/post to fit 27.2 you'll be
all set. (if that is a problem I could probably rig up a KH airseat w/
rail adapter). I lost the downshift button, but KH said...
Forum: Unicycling July 16th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By osmundo
Bob Cook Memorial/Mount Evans Hill Climb 2008

I am going to ride my old Coker because I won't need the extra gear on
the way up. You can ride my new Triton Guni...we'll just have to
figure out a saddle for you. That would be great if i lent...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97