Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SMS
Forum: Techniques July 9th 20, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By SMS
Yakima or Thule

On Monday, July 6, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mark Williamson wrote:
I recently purchased a Volvo S70 and would like to add a roof rack. I
have previously had good experences with a Yakima rack,...
Forum: Techniques September 6th 19, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By SMS
Presta valve in a rim that was drilled for Schrader?

On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 3:30:40 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
Just received a new rear wheel. Despite being 700c and for narrow tires
the rim is drilled for a Schrader valve. Couldn't believe...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 19, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By SMS
Chain Cleaning

On Monday, July 10, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Arthur R Tucker wrote:
I would like to find out the most effective way to clean/lub a chain. I
have tried many things with minimal sucess.

I...
Forum: Techniques April 18th 18, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By SMS
Touring Bike Recommendations?

On Saturday, November 26, 1994 at 9:30:07 AM UTC-8, VFRANKL wrote:
I'm looking for a touring bike (under $2000 price range).
Any recommendations?
Any opinions on the most important and/or...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 18, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By SMS
Google thefts

Yes, I often see the Google Bikes abandoned. Apple bikes too, but to a lesser extent.
Forum: Techniques November 8th 17, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By SMS
charging lead acid batteries

On Friday, November 6, 1992 at 12:55:57 PM UTC-8, James W Gourgoutis wrote:
I want to buy a 12 volt, 3 amp-hour lead acid battery to use in a
lighting system that I am building. Following the...
Forum: Techniques September 26th 17, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 632
Posted By SMS
Build it and they won't come

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 7:22:29 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:51:44 -0700, sms
wrote:

What residents don't like is when their...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 17, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By SMS
Interbike 2017

There was one Korean company that is coming out with a very nice e-bike mid-drive conversion kit in 2018. You don't lose the front derailleur. A cylindrical battery pack attaches to the motor and...
Forum: Techniques March 19th 17, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 230
Posted By SMS
More About Lights

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 2:06:24 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I don't know about you people butt... When I'm stopped at an intersection at night I like to have a light shining forward as...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 17, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 403
Posted By SMS
Lezyne Deca Drive 1500XXL Report

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 10:50:55 AM UTC-8, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 22:53:35 -0800 (PST), Barry Beams
wrote:

Just a note about the L&M Urban's...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 17, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By SMS
Tire Size

On Monday, February 15, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Eric Derrenbacher wrote:
OK, so I'm a newbie...

I want to buy a set of slick tires for my Trek 950 MTB for street riding.
The knobbies I...
Forum: Techniques December 17th 16, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By SMS
Best MTB Lighting System?

On Sunday, November 12, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, David Greenblatt wrote:
This query has probably appeared many times before, but I'm a newbie to the group. Any opinions on what the best lighting...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 16, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 160
Posted By SMS
Aluminium or Chromoly frame?

On Monday, August 5, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Michel Colmant wrote:
I am currently shopping around for a good road bike and I have been
getting some opposite information about frames. I am 6.5'...
Forum: General November 23rd 12, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By SMS
bicycle seat that won't hurt my bottom

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:55:05 PM UTC-7, Bill Proms wrote:

snip

So, recommendations for a seat would be appreciated.

Pretty much your only option is a seat from RideOut...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 11, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast
Replies: 253
Posted By SMS
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

On Jul 26, 1:26*pm, "David Kaye" wrote:
"SMS" wrote

You can argue the same thing about all sorts of activities where the
participant...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 21st 11, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Posted By SMS
habitat

On Jul 19, 11:54*pm, RobertH wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS. I wrote the ONLY scientific paper on the subject. Every allegedly
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 21st 11, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By SMS
habitat

On Jul 19, 11:54*pm, RobertH wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS. I wrote the ONLY scientific paper on the subject. Every allegedly
Forum: Techniques July 21st 11, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By SMS
habitat

On Jul 19, 11:54*pm, RobertH wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS. I wrote the ONLY scientific paper on the subject. Every allegedly
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By SMS
habitat

On Jul 18, 3:29*pm, James wrote:
I would like to see a lot of access restricted to "under your own power"
types of recreation. No power boats. No snowmobiles. No...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 20th 11, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By SMS
habitat

On Jul 18, 3:29*pm, James wrote:
I would like to see a lot of access restricted to "under your own power"
types of recreation. No power boats. No snowmobiles. No...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 20th 11, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 0
Posted By SMS
habitat

On Jul 18, 3:29*pm, James wrote:
I would like to see a lot of access restricted to "under your own power"
types of recreation. No power boats. No snowmobiles. No...
Forum: Techniques May 30th 11, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By SMS
rack mount

On May 29, 10:45*am, AMuzi wrote:

Ask for an "auto wiring harness clip"

At Home Depot they are in the electrical department near the cable
ties. They have several...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 11, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 213
Posted By SMS
Should you wear a helmet while riding a recumbent?

On May 7, 8:52*am, Tom Lake wrote:

Common sense would suggest that an energy dissipating material is a
good thing to have between your body and the pavement when you slam
into...
Forum: Recumbent Biking May 7th 11, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 187

On May 7, 8:52*am, Tom Lake wrote:

Common sense would suggest that an energy dissipating material is a
good thing to have between your body and the pavement when you slam
into...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 11, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By SMS
Hub generators: Yes or no?

On Jan 23, 10:46*am, David Scheidt wrote:
SMS wrote:

:On Jan 23, 6:54*am, Peter Cole wrote:

: wall. *That uniform...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56