Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Price[_3_]
Forum: Australia May 9th 11, 05:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Wheel Build

Dave Hughes wrote:

I find it easiest to walk into the LBS and ask for the hub and rim combo
of my choice, then ask them to work out the spokes.

Agree with that x...
Forum: Australia February 12th 11, 10:05 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Cycling and the new disabled

Was at the bikeshop at the end of the universe on Friday.

The proprietor knows a bit about fitting our species onto two wheels and so
assisting the disabled is one of his specialities.

So I meet...
Forum: Australia January 23rd 11, 10:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
City to Surf route

Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

One of these days I am gonna ride the City to Surf route on my bike.

Its also quite possible to ride the route of the road race and time trial in
the 2000 Sydney...
Forum: General July 24th 10, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Intentional jogger collision

Me wrote:

While I was still looking over my shoulder she slammed into me

A better cyclist would have avoided the collision.

Lawyers worry about who is in the wrong; real people try and avoid...
Forum: General March 21st 09, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
The Value of Face Masks While Biking in an Urban Environment

"Artemisia" wrote:

Bought and tried a face mask last year. Only wore it once.

As opposed to a neck warmer in polar fleece or lycra in winter, which is now
essential kit in the...
Forum: Australia March 1st 09, 06:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
And another Brooks saddle problem....

Patrick Turner" wrote:

Meanwhile I did 105km last wednesday on a Selle italian hi-tech seat of
complex composite design and my ars didn't break. Its definately NOT as
comfortable as the Brooks...
Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 03:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
He's been done

Stu wrote -

126. Keeping a safe distance behind vehicles

A driver must drive a sufficient distance behind a vehicle travelling in
front of the driver so the driver can, if necessary, stop...
Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 12:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
He's been done

Blue Heeler said -

It seems to me that the pack riders have a few hurdles to overcome even
in a civil situation in respect to their own disregard of the law.

Be grateful if you could identify...
Forum: Australia January 25th 09, 09:40 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
which side is your front brake lever?

BTH said
Given that it was the USA that initiated this "standard", I find it a
bit surprising that they didn't also apply it to bicycle brakes.

Theory being that where right handedness is...
Forum: Australia November 14th 08, 10:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Chain cleaning "machines"

" wrote:

has anyone had any experience with the chain cleaners that allow you
to keep the chain on the bike? Recommendations would be appreciated,

1. To get...
Forum: Australia October 3rd 08, 11:12 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Anyone lost a red Giant?

BT wrote -

Oh, and that makes 3 bikes rescued from the tip in the past 3 days.

Your efforts to save threatened 2 wheeled vehicles are noble - do you have a
long term plan for that extensive bike...
Forum: Australia August 2nd 08, 02:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Sydney's drivers 'worst' for bike rage

See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/sydneys-drivers-worst-for-bike-rage/2008
/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew
Forum: Australia February 9th 08, 11:05 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Servicing ergopower

Gemma_k put it thus -

I actually took apart one (RH 10sp Chorus Carbon) has weekend, put in it new
G-Springs and main spring. Good as new.

It seems to me this ability is the only real...
Forum: Australia January 12th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
attacked by cyclist, broken arm

Thanks for all of the kind messages. It really helps. The aspect I
have trouble with is that a cyclist would do such a thing to another cyclist.

As Theo [sort of] said, the ability and...
Forum: Australia December 31st 07, 12:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Andrew Price[_3_]
Tyre Blowout

JohnJohn posed the query:

Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to
do with the Powerbar.

1. Contemplate how they compressed so much dogsh*t into such a small...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15