Showing results 1 to 25 of 265
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Unibugg
Forum: Unicycling May 7th 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Unibugg
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

harper wrote:
"No. But they're easier."

Weird. :)

I'd been riding around the park enjoying the day. I wave to a little 5
year old girl each time I pass by on the 36.

Much later I was lying in...
Forum: Unicycling May 4th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
Wrong, that should be aluminium alloy. ;-)

aluminium alloy :)

Thanks, all. So far it's been fine. But I'm carrying a socket wrench
in my trunk (aka boot)...
Forum: Unicycling April 28th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

MuniAddict wrote:
That really sucks but yeah, better that happened early on. Luckily it
didn't fly off at high speed, causing a bad upd! That's surprising
though about the crank coming off;...
Forum: Unicycling April 27th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

MuniAddict wrote:
The nice part was that after I crested the top of the hills, I could
relax by gliding back down the long strecthes of downhill, where I
routinely hit 40-55 mph. This was...
Forum: Unicycling April 26th 08, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

cathwood wrote:
No you don't. It took me 2 years and the removal of my T7 handle to be
able to mount my 36 with any degree of certainty.

2 years? That's dedication! As I'm sort of tall, I'm...
Forum: Unicycling April 24th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Unibugg
2-day Coker ride in the Southeast US: Oct. 13-14

MuniSano wrote:
I'll definitely bump this thread with some picts and a short write up
after my trip;

Looking forward to it. And go for the qualifying ride! :)

--
Forum: Unicycling April 23rd 08, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113

Wheel Rider wrote:
You are a far better rider than I.

Congratulations on your new ride.

Thanks, but I am sure your skills are far superior.

I haven't even TRIED to freemount. And you...
Forum: Unicycling April 23rd 08, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Unibugg
2-day Coker ride in the Southeast US: Oct. 13-14

I'm certainly not ready for a long rider on my coker but would love to
hear how it goes for you.

The Rails to Trails development is coming along nicely in the South.

--
Unibugg

forrestunifreak...
Forum: Unicycling April 23rd 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 59
Posted By Unibugg
What Kind of Shin/Knee Pads do you use?

These responses are all about full leg gear.

As I indicated earlier, I use 661's for muni but what about touring?
Who uses full leg gear, just knee pads, or nothing at all?

I'm going faster on...
Forum: Unicycling April 22nd 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Unibugg
Family/Spousal Support/Nonsupport

Hard for me to write especially after reading all the posts about
support.
But I need to write...

My husband went through various stages.

embarrassement.. yes embarrassed that he had a wife who...
Forum: Unicycling April 22nd 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

Big One arrived today. Yes, I had had my doubts.

What words could describe the ride; though there were only a few hours
of sunlight left I practically flew home, had it assembled, seat post
cut...
Forum: Unicycling April 22nd 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 136
Posted By Unibugg
Uni magazine issue 4

Mine came today too! But I didn't notice it until later because of the
HUGE box filling my foyer.

Who would think that ANYTHING could overshadow Uni Mag.

um.. THE BIG ONE of course. :)

I'm...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Unibugg
Happy 4-20 IRE

Breathtaking.

--
Unibugg

forrestunifreak wrote:
Real men unicycle with slightly crooked seats.
Unibugg's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Unibugg
RTL qualifying ride prep

legtod2 wrote:
asked the Fredericton radio listeners if they knew who the guy was
riding the unicycle on the bridge.

"The guy" as if there couldn't be two.. ;)

Snow, water, wind, hills,...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Unibugg
Muni Safety - do you carry a whistle?

I read this thread quite some time ago and thought that carrying a
whistle was a good idea. Yet, I forgot all about it. Note to self to
buy a couple of whistles. One for the outside of my camelbak...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Unibugg
Seat keeps dropping

Pembar wrote:
Allen bolt. The seat clamps are replacable? I was thinking, is it
possible to get a "good" seat clamp and just put it on top of the
existing one?

I had the same problem with...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Unibugg
alternative unicycling team sports

Tjorning wrote:
polo, lacrosse and Ultimate all sound very cool.

how about tug-of-war, roller derby, or capture the flag?

Tug-of-war sounds great. I'm up for it... um... after I learn how...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Unibugg
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

cathwood wrote:
Did he think I would fall off if I sneezed?

Probably. ;)

Riding out of the woods today, I passed two guys who were securing a
boat to a trailer. One nudging his friend and...
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Unibugg
Identifcation on the trail...

I agree with This Guy I Know....

You should put something on the back mentioning your occupation. Even
if you didn't need the business it might bring, think about the
interesting dinner...
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Unibugg
Broken Leg - With X-rays.

Ouch.

That's a long wait in the woods but smart that you were riding with
friends.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Unibugg

I'll probably be using your pics in science class on Monday. :)
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Unibugg
Identifcation on the trail...

I thought this thread was going for us to post pics of all the critters
we spot out on the trail.

I thought, "What a great topic for a thread. I'll be taking my camera
on all muni rides...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 136
Posted By Unibugg
Uni magazine issue 4

Chrashing wrote:
First *The Beatles*, and now *Issue 4*. The UK get gets all the cool
stuff first!

:( :p :eek: :) ;)

I don't know how I feel about that. My mailbox just seems really...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

Brian O. wrote:
After a certain point they calculate the shipping weight/cost based on
the dimensions of the box rather than just its weight. All carriers do
this as far as I'm aware...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By Unibugg
New Coker has arrived

It's on its way.. estimated delivery for Monday. Yaaaah!

According to FedEx the package is 134 pounds
?
?

A 16 pound unicycle... with an extra set of cranks....

Either the T-shirt is really...
Forum: Unicycling April 16th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Unibugg
New Big One from Uniproshop

MuniAddict wrote:
He's doing RTL and wanted something lighter. I don't blame him, the V2's
a friggin tank! :eek:

Yes.. quite heavy IMO. Then again, I'm used to a 12.5 lb AX... which
probably...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 265