Showing results 1 to 25 of 302
Search took 4.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: catzz66
Forum: Techniques August 24th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By catzz66
Why no nut on road bike presta valves?

wrote:
Just out of curiousity, why is there no nut on road bike presta
valves, while they're basically standard issue on any presta MTB I
see?

My guesses include:
1)...
Forum: General June 16th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By catzz66
don't get complacent

Bob wrote:
On Jun 14, 6:11 am, catzz66 wrote:

Bob wrote:

I think one of us is misinterpreting catzz' "riding too close to the
backs of cars". I...
Forum: General June 15th 08, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By catzz66
presta valves

Pat wrote:
My pre-ride check consists of me squeezing the tire between thumb and
forefinger....

I do that too. But, I also like to give my wheels a spin and see if they
are...
Forum: General June 14th 08, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By catzz66
don't get complacent

Bob wrote:

I think one of us is misinterpreting catzz' "riding too close to the
backs of cars". I interpreted that to mean that she was too close to
the rear of the *parked* cars when one...
Forum: General June 14th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By catzz66
don't get complacent

landotter wrote:
On Jun 13, 5:43 pm, catzz66 wrote:

This morning I almost got backed into by a car pulling out of a slot in
a strip center.

Sounds like my kinda...
Forum: General June 12th 08, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By catzz66
presta valves

mary wrote:
Is it just me or do tubes with presta valves have to be filled up more
often? It seems like once a week I have to top off the air in the
tubes. Just wondering. Oh and before you...
Forum: General June 9th 08, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By catzz66
An Incident

On Jun 7, 11:24 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

catzz66 wrote:

On Jun 7, 11:26 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

catzz66 wrote:

We don't have bike lanes...
Forum: General June 8th 08, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By catzz66
too polite automobile drivers.

Bill Sornson wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

bob syr wrote:

This is becoming a real problem; I suppose I should be thankful that
these folks and making an effort to be polite, but I...
Forum: General June 8th 08, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By catzz66
An Incident

On Jun 7, 11:26 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

catzz66 wrote:

We don't have bike lanes where I live, and I think I am probably a lot
better off without them. I can usually...
Forum: General June 7th 08, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By catzz66
An Incident

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 6, 8:37 pm, Jorg Lueke wrote:

On Jun 6, 5:09 pm, wrote:

You may have been within your rights taking...
Forum: General June 7th 08, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

bob syr wrote:

This is becoming a real problem; I suppose I should be thankful that
these folks and making an effort to be polite, but I am starting to
dread approaching intersections...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 08, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By catzz66
Frame sizes?

"HDGuzzi" wrote in message

My question however has to do with frame
size. I coudln't...
Forum: General June 3rd 08, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By catzz66
Grinding Coffee While on a Bicycle Tour

SMS wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

Bob wrote:

Kudos for solving a problem that few even knew existed but until or
unless you design a practical on-the-bike espresso maker I guess...
Forum: Techniques June 1st 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By catzz66
how are bikes measured?

Ted Bennett wrote:

A more useful measure, used for better bikes and actual bike shops, is
the seat tube length which is measured from the center of the bottom
bracket to the center of...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By catzz66
Is New Bike Lust...

wrote:
...inversely or directly correlated to miles ridden?

For me, the more I ride the less apt I am to get The Fever. Others
report the opposite-- more miles = more...
Forum: General May 25th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By catzz66
what's the worst riding surface?

Tom Keats wrote:
My vote is for wet shale. I've encountered
strafications of it that are bad enough when
dry, but when moistened, all those leaflets
form a slimy external layer of mud, so...
Forum: General May 24th 08, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bob wrote:

Kudos for solving a problem that few even knew existed but until or
unless you design a practical on-the-bike espresso maker I guess I'll
have to avoid bike camping tours.

Forum: General May 18th 08, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By catzz66
Why LBS only carry certain brands?

Ablang wrote:
I am not new to the bicycling scene, but I am new to LBS.

I am looking to buy a hybrid bike. I'm wondering why is it that
certain LBS only carry like 1 or 2 brands and why?
Forum: Techniques May 18th 08, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 188
Posted By catzz66
brake failure

Marian wrote:

What can I do about it?

-M

I would suspect the pads, like Lou said. I am more prone to picking up
foreign matter in my pads when it is wet and I am having to ride through...
Forum: General May 16th 08, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 91
Posted By catzz66
Cannondale: ³It's a better quality, nicer weld, with more patents.²

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

Luke wrote:

Story in a Canadian rag, The Globe and Mail, detailing...
Forum: General May 2nd 08, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By catzz66
Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead ofa car?

Mike A Schwab wrote:
Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

http://www.vw.com/vwhype/whatthepeoplewant/en/us/?pageID=25848664&adID=197401751&pollid=3142

All I...
Forum: Techniques April 26th 08, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By catzz66
Why does my CHAIN....

TBerk wrote:

1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?

2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
time to time?

Thanks in advance,
Forum: General March 28th 08, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By catzz66
Beeping cars...

Bob wrote:
On Mar 26, 5:34 am, catzz66 wrote:

The thing that keeps me from getting too torqued when beeping happens is
that sometimes (quite a lot,...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 27th 08, 10:25 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 9
Posted By catzz66
OFF TOPIC - Trash the TROLL

32GO wrote:
Hey Again Guys -
....,
Wayne

If you and others would stop crossposting, that would help.
Forum: Social Issues March 27th 08, 10:25 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By catzz66
OFF TOPIC - Trash the TROLL

32GO wrote: