Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Forum: General August 19th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
New gloves

On Aug 19, 6:12*am, Peter Cole wrote:
I don't use real leather gloves, they don't handle washing well, neither
does cotton, particularly. I can't really tell the...
Forum: General January 25th 09, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
Surly Long Haul Trucker

On Jan 25, 10:00*am, Big Jim wrote:
... Ugly with cables all over the place

Since the comparision is with STI, how are "cables all over the place"
worse with bar end...
Forum: General May 16th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Gas prices and an increase in cycling?

On May 15, 6:55 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
It's possible that energy cost/shortages may bring a short-term
boom(let) in bicycling, but that same motive (necessity) will...
Forum: Social Issues May 9th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 130
Posted By [email protected]
HELMETS!!!

Jeez guys, I'm kinda regretting posting a URL to that local bike shop
TV ad.

Oh well--at least this conversation kept the spam for fake Rolexes or
whatever from being at the top of my news reader...
Forum: General May 9th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 130
Posted By [email protected]
HELMETS!!!

Jeez guys, I'm kinda regretting posting a URL to that local bike shop
TV ad.

Oh well--at least this conversation kept the spam for fake Rolexes or
whatever from being at the top of my news reader...
Forum: UK May 2nd 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady

On May 2, 9:46 am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

Forum: Rides May 2nd 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady

On May 2, 9:46 am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

Forum: Social Issues May 2nd 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 130
Posted By [email protected]
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady

On May 2, 9:46 am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

Forum: General May 2nd 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 130
Posted By [email protected]
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady

On May 2, 9:46 am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

Forum: General April 25th 08, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bicycling Magazine

On Apr 24, 8:54 pm, joekhul wrote:
Is it me or has Bicycling magazine gotten a little better in the past
couple of years? ...

I don't know -- what do you all think?

I'd...
Forum: General April 17th 08, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Waiting in traffic lines.

On Apr 17, 6:47 am, DougC wrote:
Because if a pedestrian is stepping off the corner that they are turning
on, what will happen?

How...
Forum: General April 16th 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Waiting in traffic lines.

On Apr 16, 2:00 pm, Marz wrote:
And as for right turning traffic, you're correct drivers never look
right before going right...

Why should they look there (beyond...
Forum: General February 10th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Performance Bike: finances?

On Feb 9, 3:21 pm, "Jay" wrote:
The challenge for PerfBike, is to meld their online business, with their
retail stores. This is not a simple task....

They've made at least...
Forum: General January 16th 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Recumbent OUCH!

On Jan 15, 4:45 pm, DennisTheBald wrote:
yeah, I ride a SWB recumbent.

It has occurred to me that the chain ring is located on the leading
edge of my bike as it goes...
Forum: General December 20th 07, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
GIM to sponsor ToA?

On Dec 19, 11:01 pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
Victor get's it! - Presumably, for the pelo-watts to be creditable, they
would have to be captured by dynohubs into rechargeable...
Forum: General December 19th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
GIM to sponsor ToA?

On Dec 17, 9:51 pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
Through sponsorship rights AlGore could "own" all of the kilowatts
produced by the peloton. AlGore could then "sell" these...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 5th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By [email protected]
recumbent video

On Dec 5, 10:06 am, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
I really don't get this recumbent vs. DF debate. It makes no sense
whatsoever, if you ask me. Sure, if a person as a favorite...
Forum: General December 5th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
recumbent video

On Dec 5, 10:06 am, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
I really don't get this recumbent vs. DF debate. It makes no sense
whatsoever, if you ask me. Sure, if a person as a favorite...
Forum: General December 3rd 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
recumbent video

On Dec 3, 2:30 pm, Chalo wrote:
It was only my experience with riding 'bents that demonstrated to me
how much they don't measure up to regular bikes. And I may have...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 3rd 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By [email protected]
recumbent video

On Dec 3, 2:30 pm, Chalo wrote:
It was only my experience with riding 'bents that demonstrated to me
how much they don't measure up to regular bikes. And I may have...
Forum: General December 3rd 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
The lore of Victory Salutes

On Dec 3, 2:52 pm, (It's Chris) wrote:
After two hours just to get to the brown background managing , I gave
up. You think you could copy / paste it for us cavemen...
Forum: General November 5th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Performance's response (was: what to do about dud wheel?)

On Nov 4, 1:48 pm, Ben Pfaff wrote:
Anyhow, I left it for repair, and the mechanic is supposed to
call me before doing anything to the wheel. I have a thin shred
of...
Forum: Techniques October 19th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 64
Posted By [email protected]
3W Cree LED Flashlight from Lowe's

On Oct 19, 3:16 pm, Matt O'Toole wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'm sure some people will find this useful, but for
me, a C cell flashlight is way too big and clunky...
Forum: General October 19th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 64
Posted By [email protected]
3W Cree LED Flashlight from Lowe's

On Oct 19, 3:16 pm, Matt O'Toole wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'm sure some people will find this useful, but for
me, a C cell flashlight is way too big and clunky...
Forum: Techniques September 26th 07, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Durability Of Aftermarket Shifter Cables?

On Sep 25, 8:23 pm, Steve Sr. wrote:

The failure mode was broken strands near the shifter. It worked
surprisingly good until a mechanic who was inspecting the bike for the
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73