Replies: 32
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Southern cross drive accident

On 2014-04-01, James (aka Bruce)
On 21/03/14 10:13, Trent W. Buck wrote:
And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a...
Forum: Australia August 13th 13, 06:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By TimC[_2_]
bulbs to LEDs

On 2013-08-13, James (aka Bruce)
On 12/08/13 16:43, Trent W. Buck wrote:
James writes:

On 06/08/13 18:41,...
Forum: Australia August 7th 13, 12:28 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By TimC[_2_]
bulbs to LEDs

On 2013-08-07, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
have a browse around, because the more expensive lights put out a lot
more light. I have
Forum: Australia March 2nd 13, 12:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Bike lanes

On 2013-02-21, James (aka Bruce)
Wait for it, some bright spark has an idea to put a bike lane to the
left of a left turn only lane (think...
Forum: Australia February 24th 13, 01:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Bike lanes

On 2013-02-21, James (aka Bruce)
[...]
The sooner the powers that be wake up to themselves, and educate the
motoring masses that bicyclists...
Forum: Australia December 22nd 12, 10:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Dreams...

I had a dream where I was riding along solo at 42km/h on the flat
(barely a speed I can reach, let alone sustain), and a couple of
runners ran quite fast past me. I assume they were doing the 7...
Forum: Australia December 16th 12, 08:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By TimC[_2_]
blind spots

On 2012-11-23, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
From Transport for London.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzL0Kyk4m-8

Every cyclist should see...
Forum: Australia November 1st 12, 12:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By TimC[_2_]
just what does this mean?

On 2012-10-31, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
In aus.bicycle on 31 Oct 2012 20:32:23 GMT
John Henderson wrote:
Zebee...
Forum: Australia August 10th 12, 02:47 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By TimC[_2_]
headwind

On 2012-08-10, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
I think it was a bit windy today. About 2 gear's worth I think, as I
was 2 gears lower on the Brom...
Forum: Australia April 30th 12, 02:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By TimC[_2_]
this riding thing

On 2012-04-28, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
So has anyone been doing any discovery lately? Anyone even riding
their bloody bikes?

We don't just...
Forum: Australia April 19th 12, 02:22 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By TimC[_2_]
rain

On 2012-04-18, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
World is full of fair weather bikers... powered and unpowered.
The motorcycle parking I pass on my...
Forum: Australia March 29th 12, 01:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Crazy driver in Newtown.

On 2012-03-28, Alan Erskine (aka Bruce)
On 27/03/2012 9:05 PM, Rob wrote:
On 27/03/2012 4:08 PM, Tomasso wrote:
Story is in SMN,...
Forum: Australia November 9th 11, 04:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By TimC[_2_]
700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

On 2011-11-09, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
We've had this discussion before and there's no argument that the
rolling resistance of a wide tire and...
Forum: Australia October 24th 11, 12:42 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By TimC[_2_]
dunlop

On 2011-10-24, terryc (aka Bruce)
thefathippy wrote:

hehe - I went with batteries (and making my own lightsets) after being
done faffing...
Forum: Australia October 12th 11, 11:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By TimC[_2_]
dunlop

On 2011-10-09, Phil H (aka Bruce)
On Oct 7, 1:17Â*pm, F Murtz wrote:

probably why it was thrown out, although it looks...
Forum: Australia October 11th 11, 02:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By TimC[_2_]
dunlop

On 2011-10-11, Phil H (aka Bruce)
On Oct 11, 9:15Â*am, "tomasso" wrote:

His comment is that a council would probably not take...
Forum: Australia October 6th 11, 06:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By TimC[_2_]
E Bikes

On 2011-10-06, John Henderson (aka Bruce)
terryc wrote:

I thought is was 200 watts in NSW, but 250 watts in some other states
with...
Forum: Australia August 11th 11, 01:40 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Parked in the bicycle lane

Someone should get the police onto this vehicle parked in the bicycle lane:
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/theres-no-going-to-water-now-in-pay-dispute-20110810-1imtn.html

--
TimC
Why, yes, this...

On 2011-08-03, Moike (aka Bruce)
http://tinyurl.com/3elwkl6

Remove the ?skin=text-only for the picture.

At the end of an article I read, it said...
Forum: Australia May 22nd 11, 01:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Crap brakes in the wet

On 2011-05-21, John Henderson (aka Bruce)
Travis wrote:

So it's reasonable to expect that your brakes won't work as well when
the rim has...
Forum: Australia May 22nd 11, 01:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By TimC[_2_]
Crap brakes in the wet

On 2011-05-20, Travis (aka Bruce)
So it's reasonable to expect that your brakes won't work as well when
the rim has been lubricated with water...
Forum: Australia May 2nd 11, 03:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By TimC[_2_]
I usually stay upright on my bike unless I fall :)

On 2011-05-02, BT Humble (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:
Except that you can steer on on a motorbike with flat tires in just
the same way as normal. ...
Forum: Australia April 24th 11, 12:33 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

On 2011-04-24, John Tserkezis (aka Bruce)
Geoff Lock wrote:

I have no idea how I come across articles like these but there you go.
BTW, I...
Forum: Australia April 22nd 11, 04:44 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By TimC[_2_]
McGee still in the news

On 2011-04-11, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
The news this week says that, after only five years, the Lawyers
Council has decided that McGee did not...
Forum: Australia February 20th 11, 04:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By TimC[_2_]
There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

On 2011-02-19, Rob (aka Bruce)
Owen wrote:
Had a couple of sets of really good levers, but lost them over time.
Anyway, having trouble with a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45