Showing results 1 to 25 of 123
Search took 2.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alex
Forum: UK January 30th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Alex
Willy Warmer 200k

On 30 Jan, 09:51, wrote:
On 28 Jan, 21:34, Alex wrote:

Too long a gear and the inability to grimp up hills (thanks to the
rib)
didn't help....
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Alex
Willy Warmer 200k

On 28 Jan, 18:37, David Damerell
wrote:
"Willy Warmer" 200km

'Twas a pleasure. Not my fastest but then it's not a race.

Too long a gear and the inability to...
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Alex
Resolutions for the New Year?

On 2 Jan, 18:28, David Damerell
wrote:
Quoting vernon :

Mine are simple -
* eat less
* move more
* do a 300

Forum: UK September 24th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 95
Posted By Alex
Commuter food use

On 24 Sep, 19:19, Coyoteboy wrote:
How many people eat significantly more while commuting to maintain
weight?

Nope. I eat the same as I did before I started my 8 mile...
Forum: UK September 11th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Alex
London Sightseer 100

On 11 Sep, 18:37, David Damerell
wrote:
At this point I was still following the two friends-of-friends, but I
was pretty sure they'd missed a turning - of course...
Forum: UK July 30th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Alex
Richmond Park - what's the appeal?

On 28 Jul, 19:02, "elyob" wrote:
What I don't understand is why people go to RP and do four or five laps.
That's gotta be a bit boring.

Two reasons for me.

1) It's not...
Forum: UK June 14th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Alex
Fixed gear size in London

On 13 Jun, 21:30, Mark wrote:
Hi

Does anyone here commute in London (or anywhere else with a lot of
traffic) on a fixer with a gear taller than 69"?

46x17 here 71.4" for...
Forum: UK June 14th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Alex
8 miles -- 12 miles commute

On 14 Jun, 14:14, wrote:
I'm soon to start a new job, and it means either using dubious public
transport or doing a 12 mile commute each way. I've done an 8 mile
commute...
Forum: UK June 14th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Alex
Matt Seaton on H*lm*ts

On 14 Jun, 10:52, bugbear wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2102447,00.html

I think he's getting the message...

Maybe he's been reading the...
Forum: UK June 7th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Alex
Bike in shopping centre

Hello,

On 4 Jun, 20:10, Peter Scandrett wrote:
Hi

I went for a ride around Wigan today[1]; upon getting back and trying to
get back to the car park I walked my...
Forum: UK March 1st 07, 05:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Alex
adulterated fuel

On 1 Mar, 16:48, "POHB" wrote:
I'm feeling pretty smug too at the mo. This weekend will be the first
time I've used the car since Jan 14th.
Cue even smugger...
Forum: UK February 9th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Alex
Is it wise to cycle in February?

On 9 Feb, 15:16, wrote:
Just wondering. The thing I'm scared about is taking a corner on the
cycle path and landing on my butt.

Go slower around corners.

Should I just...
Forum: UK January 23rd 07, 10:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Alex
R5 Tonight....

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 22/01/2007 15:30, Alex said,

Despite being an avid R5 listener I've slept much more soundly, and
become much less irritable, now that I've stopped listening to...
Forum: UK January 22nd 07, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Alex
R5 Tonight....

wrote:
Dreary stuff, anyway.

Despite being an avid R5 listener I've slept much more soundly, and
become much less irritable, now that I've stopped listening to...
Forum: UK January 11th 07, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Alex
Prescription lenses and decent cycling glasses

Simon Brooke wrote:
Any recommendations?

I'd recommend Optilabs. They'll do standard prescription, bifocals and
varifocals in most of their frames. I went for Rapides with mirrored
lenses (single...
Forum: UK December 14th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Alex
Why they don't cycle:

Mark Thompson wrote:
Our respondents gave the following reasons for not cycling to work:

Interesting.

Takes too long 3%

That's the one for me. It's only 500m and it's quicker to walk it...
Forum: UK December 1st 06, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Alex
Another Delightful Farcility...

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/

Why?

Councils put cycle paths in to go from A to B.

However, when they find something in the way...
Forum: UK November 30th 06, 06:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Alex
HTTPS was I cannot wiggle

Nick Kew wrote:
On 30 Nov 2006 07:35:04 -0800
"Alex" wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
http://www.openproxies.com/

Fine for looking at a site but I'd rather stick...
Forum: UK November 30th 06, 03:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Alex
I cannot wiggle

Rob Morley wrote:
http://www.openproxies.com/

Fine for looking at a site but I'd rather stick hot pins in my eyes
than login, or enter credit card details, when I'm going through some
random open...
Forum: UK November 24th 06, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Alex
100 mile trip?

Tony Raven wrote:
wrote on 24/11/2006 20:22 +0100:

Off to the swimming pool for myself tonight then.

Won't help unless you are on a hand cycle. The only...
Forum: UK November 24th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Alex
Odd road signs

Sandy Morton wrote:
I am not very good at websites as those of you who tried recently
will know :-((

However I think I've got most of it sorted by now - so - if you go to
www.millport.net...
Forum: UK November 24th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Alex
VED

Matt B wrote:
Alex wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Steve W wrote:
VED is the same for cars as it is for bikes, zero emission vehicles all pay
zero pounds be it a bike or a private car!!
Forum: UK November 24th 06, 06:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Alex
100 mile trip?

wrote:
On 24 Nov 2006 09:17:07 -0800, "Alex" wrote:

wrote:
How difficult would it be to cycle from Leicester to...
Forum: UK November 24th 06, 05:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Alex
Letter in local paper.

Matt B wrote:
Steve W wrote:
VED is the same for cars as it is for bikes, zero emission vehicles all pay
zero pounds be it a bike or a private car!!

Untrue. An unused car (zero...
Forum: UK November 24th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Alex
100 mile trip?

wrote:
How difficult would it be to cycle from Leicester to London in a day?
Perhaps starting really early. It's about 100 miles, or 130 miles along
the Grand Union...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123