Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Skewer
Forum: Australia January 19th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Skewer
Tips for adult first time rider

Travis wrote:
Hi, a family member who has managed to reach 40 without ever having
ridden a bike recently approached me for help with this. She's very
short statured and required a kid's bike,...
Forum: Australia December 27th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 40
Posted By Skewer
Bike ban in Victoria

wrote:
But what to do when back at work on the 8th Jan? - just turn up to the
station and risk not being allowed on the train and stuff up my whole
day, or maybe get...
Forum: Australia October 24th 07, 02:47 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Skewer
truly appalling

ProfTournesol wrote:
Appalling story from yesterday's ATB: a bunch riding near Frankston is
passed by a motorcyclist who sticks out his foot and kicks a female
rider off her bike and then of...
Forum: Australia October 5th 07, 06:58 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Skewer
Goatage tonight?

Stuart Lamble wrote:
The mailing list says yes, but last time, there didn't seem to be
anybody else there. *shrugs*

Anyway, I'll rock up if I know others will be there, but if not, I won't
Forum: Australia August 22nd 07, 06:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Skewer
pushme pullyou

Michael Warner wrote:
On 22 Aug 2007 04:48:59 GMT, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

At the start of the Paris-Brest-Paris Audax.

I sometimes ride with Matt Rawnsley, who's hoping to crack
50...
Forum: Australia August 19th 07, 03:33 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By Skewer
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

From the Adealid Now.com.au at http://snipurl.com/peep/1polu

Regards
Andrew

L-PLATE students have a chance to win a new Volvo C30 if they take
Forum: Australia August 18th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Skewer
Bar End Lights

Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

On the Touring -- The Internet Bicycle Touring List
http://www.phred.org/mailman/listinfo/touring there has been some
discussion of bar end lights which I...
Forum: Australia August 14th 07, 05:44 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Skewer
Australian team set to compete in 2009 Tour de France | The DailyTelegraph

One step closer...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22242762-5001023,00.html

August 14, 2007 12:00am

*AUSTRALIA is set to have its own team in the 2009 Tour de France after
a...
Forum: Australia August 12th 07, 10:42 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 98
Posted By Skewer
Poll: Are cyclists a menace on the road?

Donga wrote:
On Aug 12, 1:30 pm, (Peter) wrote:
VOTE EARLY VOTE OFTEN

Courier Mail Poll:http://preview.tinyurl.com/2yuv33

C'mon, we're 1% behind!

As...
Forum: Australia August 1st 07, 05:52 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Skewer
Helmet cam

TimC wrote:
snipped
Don't think I will be at goatage this Friday, but wouldn't rule out
sometime in the next 3 weeks. When is it next on?

Hi Tim, glad to see ya back in town.
The next...
Forum: Australia July 7th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Skewer
Hyde Park

TimC wrote:
Did I just see a sign in the crowd -- "Hi Mum and Hatchback!"?

Didn't see it, Will have to study the tape later...

Still feelin the hurt fot Stuey.

Pete.B
Forum: Australia June 27th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By Skewer
Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence Computer

On 2007-06-27, Bleve (aka Bruce)
... Only once or
twice has the 1600 gotten confused by rain -- cadence and speeds up
near 400 and 200km/h respectively, IIRC (down the 1:20). ...
Forum: Australia April 28th 07, 01:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Skewer
I need nuts!

Graeme Dods wrote:
On Apr 28, 8:04 am, Graeme Dods wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:48 am, Skewer wrote:
And just after sending that I...
Forum: Australia April 28th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Skewer
I need nuts!

Skewer wrote:
Graeme Dods wrote:
My 3 year old came up to me earlier in the week and asked "Daddy, can
I have a bike please?" Obviously I was pretty chuffed, but then again
he has been...
Forum: Australia April 28th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Skewer
I need nuts!

Graeme Dods wrote:
My 3 year old came up to me earlier in the week and asked "Daddy, can
I have a bike please?" Obviously I was pretty chuffed, but then again
he has been rather brain-washed to...
Forum: Australia April 27th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By Skewer
I Run Red Lights

bob_the_rider wrote:
Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
for cycling?

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group...
Forum: Australia April 8th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Skewer
Biking perimeter of Australia (groceries and bikebox in Brisbane)

BikeManiac wrote:
Hi,

1. As written earlier I'm planning on biking the perimeter of
Australia but I need to know where I can get food. This means at what
time and in what areas. Mainly I...
Forum: Australia March 17th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Skewer
Weekend Cycling Trip in France - Advice Sought

Peter Signorini wrote:
"petulance" wrote:
Since I am geographically challenged and have never riden in Europe
before, I would like the advice of fellow a.b'ers.

- what would be a good...
Forum: Australia March 4th 07, 11:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Skewer
Melb: Wanted - Tinkeres with time on their hands

Roadie_scum wrote:
Moike Wrote:
I'm looking after a little Red Cross volunteer project that restores
and
services lost/abandoned/donated bikes for use by asylum seekers and
Forum: Australia February 26th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Skewer
Recommended bike shops in Sydney and Canberra areas please

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Cheeky Monkey in Newtown are good if you want commuting or transport
needs including odd sized wheels and things like Surleys and I believe
Xtracycle.

The distributor...
Forum: Australia January 31st 07, 03:15 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Skewer
Vélocité, une ballade en ville à vélo

Was?

Test wrote:
Vélocité est né de ma pratique quotidienne du vélo pendant dix ans.
Habitant Paris, j'ai en fait assez vite opté pour ce moyen de
transport qui correspondait parfaitement à...
Forum: Australia January 22nd 07, 03:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By Skewer
A 35km air cooled cycle-path? -Iin Qatar,where else...

The link is a google video of talking about a (yet to be built) 35km
‘air-conditioned’ bike path system in Qatar. Scheduled for sometime in...
Forum: Australia January 1st 07, 01:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Skewer
Steepest road in Melbourne???

DaveB wrote:
Gags I had a look at the website but can't work out where exactly the
road is. Can you mark it with this, do a save route, and post the new url.

Forum: Australia December 19th 06, 11:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 43
Posted By Skewer
A funny thing happened at the velodrome, or ... why helmets area good thing!

Definitions of Glut on the Web:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:Glut&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

* A large wooden splitting wedge, usually shop-made.
Forum: Australia December 2nd 06, 04:26 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Skewer
How do you transport your bicycle to other countries?

Ken Aston wrote:
Recently I have been very excited about the idea of traveling around
other countries by bicycle. What I still haven't figured out yet, is an
economical way to transport my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32