Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 1.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Luke Forward
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Luke Forward
chain drops during xc

I've got chain-drop problems even every setting is right.
The chainline, shift-mech, chain lengh are all correct and function
normal during the ride. However, during the downhill session, the
chain...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Luke Forward
Dog fang necessary?

Dear Rodies:
1. Do you think dog fang(or other similar products) is a necessity on
your RB, even if it slightly adds weight and costs you more?
2. Do you ever know other rodie use homemade...
Forum: Techniques April 22nd 08, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Luke Forward
Chainring Pitch Standard?

Hi folks, I own a GIANT Flight Mini 3 '07(same modle as Escape Mini 3
sold in Japan).
This is a 20" bike with single chainring(48T) and 11T-28T cassette,
130mm rear OLD. I ride high cadence and 48T...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 08, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Luke Forward
Do you know anything about spoke patterns?

On 1$B7n(B16$BF|(B, $Be8a(B10$B;~(B06$BJ,(B, Luke wrote:
In article
,
Get a 32 spoke...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Luke Forward
Do you know anything about spoke patterns?

On Jan 15, 10:41*pm, Luke wrote:
Ooops, you're right; closer inspection reveals the holes are drilled
offset. Well, the next best option would be a pattern that uses...
Forum: Techniques January 15th 08, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Luke Forward
Do you know anything about spoke patterns?

Agree w/ Nick's point. Unless Lewis' 20" rim is a truely rigid one,
building it leaving some empty spoke holes won't produce a rideable
wheel.

I've just tried few weeks ago, building a normal 32H...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Luke Forward
Radial on DS!?

On Jan 12, 12:13*am, Ron Ruff wrote:
On Jan 11, 2:38*am, Luke Forward wrote:
Powertap hub is unigue having its DS on the left. The manufacturer
Forum: Techniques January 11th 08, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Luke Forward
Radial on DS!?

Radial on DS works? It seems against the drive-torgue theory.

My understading is that to transmit drive torgue, the rear hub DS must
at least be X2 laced,
the NDS is free to be laced radial to...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Luke Forward
WHEEL BUILDING 273

A little bit sarcastism but I like it.
Are you guys making fun of someone who dosen't build bridges but
wheels?
Forum: Techniques January 11th 08, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Luke Forward
Photos and article on Shimano's wheel-building machines

On Jan 11, 1:53*am, wrote:
The gloves don't look heavy enough to protect the hands if spoke pairs
are being squeezed hard, but then there don't seem to be any pictures
of...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 08, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Luke Forward
Wheelbuilding - How much tension is enough?

On 1$B7n(B8$BF|(B, $B28a(B12$B;~(B16$BJ,(B, wrote:
Dear Luke,

For whatever it's worth, Alex recommends various tensions in this FAQ:
Forum: Techniques January 7th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Luke Forward
Wheelbuilding - How much tension is enough?

Hello fellows. I'm a amature wheelbuilder from Taiwan. Having a few
expriences in wheelbuilding but for somehow a little comfued with
spoke tension. Mostly, I build wheels with Alexrims 32H and DT...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12