Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Verheul
Forum: Techniques January 19th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By John Verheul
SRAM Powerlock

"Doug Taylor" wrote in message
...while the Connex is asymmetrical and won't work with an 11
tooth cog assuming you...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By John Verheul
SRAM Powerlock

"Ben C" wrote in message
There is a Connex Wipperman link for 10s chains that's re-usable which
might be a better...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 08, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By John Verheul
SRAM Powerlock

Has anyone here used a SRAM 10s powerlock (renamed from the earlier
powerlink apparently) with Shimano and/or Campy 10s chains?

I've been doing this for years on 9s, want to be sure it'll work on...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 134
Posted By John Verheul
Source for Campy CT chainrings?

"M-gineering" wrote in message
TA offers Nerius chainrings for CAmpagnolo compact in 34, 36, 38 & 39 and
48. 49,50 &...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 134
Posted By John Verheul
Source for Campy CT chainrings?

"D'ohBoy" wrote in message
John Verheul wrote:
Is anyone aware of a source (online, retail) for...
Forum: Techniques January 12th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 134
Posted By John Verheul
Source for Campy CT chainrings?

Is anyone aware of a source (online, retail) for Campy compatible compact
chainrings? I think TA makes some that are much cheaper than Campy, but I
can't find them anywhere (I pretty much only need...
Forum: Marketplace January 1st 08, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By John Verheul
FS: 58cm Cervelo P2K Frame & Oval A900 Jetstream fork

2003 Model Cervelo P2K, 58cm, good condition...normal wear & tear from a
couple years of training 1-2 times per week and racing 8-10 TT's per year.
First owner (2003 - 2005) used it a grand total...
Forum: Techniques October 11th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By John Verheul
Holy grail of wet grip

Jay Beattie wrote:
of grip. I have yet to find the Holy Grail of high-grip tires (I do
like some of the Michelins),

Panaracer Stradius Pro.
Forum: Techniques August 17th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By John Verheul
why no more steel bikes?

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
In article ,
"John Verheul"...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By John Verheul
why no more steel bikes?

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
Are there *any* good beers in aluminum? :-D *

Forum: Techniques August 4th 07, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By John Verheul
Spoke wrench for Mavic wheels

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" wrote in
message ...
On Aug 4, 8:35 am, Javier wrote:
Forum: Techniques July 25th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By John Verheul
source for green bar tape?

A surprisingly uncommon item it would seem, after searching most of the
usual outlets. Anyone aware of a source for green bar tape, prefer some
"cork" style...not Tressostar cotton or Bennoto Cello.
Forum: Marketplace July 23rd 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By John Verheul
FS: Old School 'cross cantis

1 set (for two whees, full bike) Mafac cantis. Avid purple hangers, Kool
Stop red pads. Brakes have a couple seasons use, pads are only about 25%
worn. Brakes are of course 20 years old and the...
Forum: Marketplace July 15th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By John Verheul
FS: Cervelo fork

Stock fork off a 2002 Cervelo P2K, whatever it was called that year
(Chord?). 43m rake, for 700c, 205mm steerer left (fits a 58 Cervelo P2K or
P3 with one 5mm spacer under the stem, or a smaller...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 07, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By John Verheul
Query Zefal HPX Pump Use Do they work?

"RS" wrote in message
Do these pumps work well or go for a Blackburn?

I've owned and used both. No comparison, stick...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By John Verheul
polish clear coat on a carbon post?

Last fall a teammate borrowed one of my 'cross bikes, and it had to be
adjusted for him (lower seat height) very quickly, so the carbon post is now
completely scratched and scuffed. On any of my...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

Followup: Replaced the 45mm fork with a 40, same model. Bike feels 100%
better after the last 3 days of deliberately finding fast descents with
tight turns (I live in the southern Rockies). Solid...
Forum: Marketplace May 22nd 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By John Verheul
WTB: Used, cheap SLR seat

email me, prefer straight SLR, XP OK as well, no cutouts.
Forum: Techniques May 19th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

wrote in message
As others have said, there may be more to it than geometry, like
adequate frame stiffness....
Forum: Techniques May 19th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
With less trail the bike can turn on it's own, but sometimes
makes you...
Forum: Techniques May 19th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

Usually low trail gives the steering a light feel that some people don't
like. However, low trail bikes also tend to be less responsive to
leaning the bike to turn- requiring more handlebar...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

"Ron Ruff" wrote in message
What is actually slowing you down? You must be getting some sensation
that causes...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
I think the issue may be other than trail. Before you commit to
spending money for...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By John Verheul
Bike shop suggestion in Eugene, OR?

A friend of mine is moving from NM to Eugene this year for school, she's an
avid runner and former avid cyclist...in Eugene she'll be looking to buy a
commuter style bike mainly to get back &...
Forum: Techniques May 17th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By John Verheul
Increase trail or longer front center

Since moving out west (US) a couple years ago, practice as I might I just
can't quite descend with riders who are otherwise of my ability. Recently,
I've also been having a hard time cornering in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57