Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 0.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Fox[_2_]
Forum: UK April 1st 08, 01:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Cycle Camping - Quite stupid question

Unfortunately, the tent is too small. Especially if there were two bikes!
You don't have to be in the tent as well. Get your priorities right.

--
Peter Fox
Beer, dancing, cycling and lots more...

David Hansen wrote:

I await suggestions of an alternative approach from the clever
cloggs.

(1)
The DfT must have accessed the data themselves and summarised it so they
must be a breakdown of...
Forum: UK March 25th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Pannier Rack Fitting.

salmon wrote:
Fitting rear pannier rack to my bike.

Just want to check. I will be getting a rear pannier rack in the post
soon and want to know which bolt holes to use on the rear forks.
Forum: UK March 21st 08, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Is this normal?

Tom Crispin wrote:
In October last year I was assaulted by a driver after he had
dangerously overtaken 12 eight-year-old children, a colleague and me
as we cycled over a hump back drawbridge at...
Forum: UK March 20th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
pointers to servicing gears

MW wrote:
Hi

I've had my first 'proper' cycle for 18 months now, a Shogun Spirit
http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ROAD/spirit.html with which I've
been hugely impressed.

I've done...
Forum: UK March 19th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Advice please?

John Clayton wrote:
A family of three generations, mostly idle, I'm the only able cyclist.
We'd like somewhere scenic, we live in West Riding, not fussed about
locfatiion, just fancy a nice...
Forum: UK March 13th 08, 01:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Boris wants to legalise RLJ for left turning cyclists.

Mark T wrote:
Peter Fox writtificated

it's UNSAFE' to let cycles through on red

IIRC red light jumping by cyclists is a lot less dangerous than I thought.
Can't find that data...
Forum: UK March 13th 08, 01:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Boris wants to legalise RLJ for left turning cyclists.

Pete Biggs wrote:
Peter Fox wrote:
Err why has nobody commented on the illogicality?
If it is 'sensible' [No it bloody well isn't it's UNSAFE' to let
cycles through on red then the /same...
Forum: UK March 13th 08, 07:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Boris wants to legalise RLJ for left turning cyclists.

Err why has nobody commented on the illogicality?
If it is 'sensible' [No it bloody well isn't it's UNSAFE' to let cycles
through on red then the /same logic must apply to cars/.

Bikes *are*...
Forum: UK March 12th 08, 08:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
safest way to cycle along this road

Simon Brooke wrote:
If traffic is heavy move into secondary every few minutes to let any
tailback clear, but move back out again when you can.
No. Your safety comes first.

Yup. If there's...
Forum: UK March 11th 08, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
safest way to cycle along this road

vernon wrote:
"Adam Lea" wrote in message
I am moving house soon and may need to cycle along this A road:

What do you...
Forum: UK March 11th 08, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Cycle lanes a "danger" to drivers.

Doki wrote:
IMO the best layout for cycling is a reasonably wide road, with a
hatched centre area about 3 foot or so wide (or wider), where the white
line normally goes. A driver has the...
Forum: UK March 10th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Tiredness from cycling...

David Lloyd wrote:

How hard are you trying on your rides to work? It could be that you
are trying too hard, which makes it harder to recover. You need to
ride so that you could easily carry on...
Forum: UK March 8th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Why?

A little bijou clueett to the location perhaps?

--
Peter Fox
Beer, dancing, cycling and lots more at www.eminent.demon.co.uk
Forum: UK March 7th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Pannier Rack recommendations please.

michael adams wrote:

Fair enough. But if the bungees were to be taught enough for me to be confident
that the stuff couldn't simply slide off the rack, they'd also need to be
taught enough for...
Forum: UK March 7th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Pannier Rack recommendations please.

michael adams wrote:
"Peter Fox" wrote in message
salmon wrote:
Looking to buy a pannier rack, been to Halfords...
Forum: UK March 7th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Pannier Rack recommendations please.

salmon wrote:
Looking to buy a pannier rack, been to Halfords many times and they
just don't seem to get them in. They have Top Peak range but that is
far too sophisticated for my purpose. I...
Forum: UK March 4th 08, 12:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Easy to maintain mountain bike recommendations

Nigel Cliffe wrote:

For puncture avoidance, fit decent quality tyres. Schwalbe is one such
maker.
I came here to say that. You /probably don't/ need knobbly tyres and will
definitely hate...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 01:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
cycling to work crease free

Rob Morley wrote:
Rather than ironing the shirt when it comes out of the dryer and then
trying to keep it uncrumpled, why not just iron it at work before you
wear it? :-)
If God had meant us...
Forum: UK February 28th 08, 08:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Cycle commuting newbie

Peter B wrote:
Well, quite some years ago I stated on this NG that when it becomes more
convenient to commute by bike then I shall do so.
And the point has been reached!

Don't forget you can...
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
OT taking a pic every 10 minutes

Or also look at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNuPr-GgVWk&feature=related

--
Peter Fox
Beer, dancing, cycling and lots more at www.eminent.demon.co.uk
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
OT taking a pic every 10 minutes

elyob wrote:
Am thinking of fitting a camera and GPS to my bike for a test and then
taking a picture every 10 minutes (or more often). When home I'd then
make some sort of rubbishy movie. Any...
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 08:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Sunday Times article on cycling safety.

Martin Dann wrote:

Experienced cyclists should be less likely to be KSIed as they should be
aware of the main hazards (car doors, turning lorries, RLJ), and so
should last a lot longer.

It...
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 09:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
Sunday Times article on cycling safety.

Garry from Cork wrote:

Anybody know what the real figure is.

LONDON
------

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/downloads/pdf/LRSR/Topic_Factsheets/Pedal-Cyclist-Casualties-04-05.pdf

Working from...
Forum: UK February 17th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Fox[_2_]
BSO!

Mark McNeill wrote:
There'll be variants in other fields: for instance, Steinway engineers
refer to non-Steinways as piano-shaped objects. [I heard that one from
the horse's mouth around...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 95