Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RichD
Forum: Racing March 6th 13, 03:04 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By RichD
Sweat is a bad sign?

On Feb 25, "Steve Freides" wrote:
Wall Street Journal carries a weekly health section. *Recently,
I found an astounding item: people apparently shy away from
exercise,...
Forum: Racing February 25th 13, 04:49 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By RichD
Sweat is a bad sign?

Wall Street Journal carries a weekly health section. Recently,
I found an astounding item: people apparently shy away from
exercise, because they view perspiration and raised pulse rate
as bad...
Forum: Techniques January 25th 13, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By RichD
brake fix

I recently bought a used bike, mountain/street hybrid.
The brakes work, sort of, but the pressure is inadequate,
unsafe.

Either the cables are stretched, or the pads are worn.
On inspection, the...
Forum: General October 22nd 12, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.running,sci.med.nutrition,rec.bicycles.misc,misc.fitness.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By RichD
sport drink

I want to mix my own sport drink. Looking at the ingredients
of Gatorade, it's not too appetizing.

I'm thinking, half water, half orange juice. Then, salt, but how
many teaspoons, or grams, per...
Forum: General October 2nd 12, 09:14 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.martial-arts,rec.running,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.sport.tennis
Replies: 1
Posted By RichD
"fitness vs. efficiency"

On Sep 23, "Existential Angst" wrote:
From a previous thread:

these burns require 2 steps at a time.

Why?
One step at a time, obviously churns the legs more -
Forum: General October 22nd 11, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.weights,rec.bicycles.misc,sci.med
Replies: 4
Posted By RichD
perspiration == effectiveness?

I work out on the rowing machine twice per
week, among other things; running, stationary
bike, swimming, tennis, squash. It's the best
full body workout I know. I typically do 25 min.,
250...
Forum: General August 20th 11, 11:19 PM Posted to misc.legal,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By RichD
bike fatality

Recently, in San Fran, a pedestrin died from injuries, a day
after getting hit by a bicycle.

How often does this happen? It's a new one on me.

--
Rich
Forum: Techniques May 29th 11, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I recently purchased a street bike, Schwinn,
standard drop handlebar type.

I want to mount a rack on the rear, but there are
no through holes on the frame. I've never seen
this before.

Are there...
Forum: General May 29th 11, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By RichD
tire replacement

I have a mountain bike, the rear tire reads: 24 x 1.75
Can I replace it with a 24 x 1.95?

(what does the second number mean anyway?)

--
Rich
Forum: General March 18th 11, 09:07 PM Posted to sci.physics,sci.skeptic,sci.chem,sci.electronics.design,rec.bicycles.misc

On Mar 19, Charlie E. wrote:
Another one:
Why do you travel faster on bicycle - or roller
skates - than running?

I tested this on 5 people over the last week.
Forum: Techniques July 8th 07, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By RichD
fixing the shifter

I have a mountain style bike (used mostly for
street riding), 5 speed sprocket on the rear wheel.

The rear shifting mechanism has drifted off.
Like, the lever is in the '2' position, when the
chain...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11