Showing results 1 to 25 of 352
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gds
Forum: General August 3rd 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By gds
COLANGO HAT - A GREAT FIND

On Aug 3, 5:33 am, wrote:
Hi--
Just a follow up to a previous post. I also found that
THEVELOSTORE.COM has an offering of great pro cycling and components
hats.
I...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By gds
Why is Saunier Duval in yellow?

On Jul 26, 2:26 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:13:09 -0400, Wayne Pein
wrote:

For the Tour, ONCE's normally yellow kit...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 64
Posted By gds
How much will Rqasmussen Sue For

On Jul 26, 11:29 am, Davey Crockett
wrote:
writes:
On Jul 26, 2:03 pm, Davey Crockett
Forum: Racing July 20th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By gds
Rasmussen Toast?

On Jul 20, 9:43 am, Scott wrote:

If I were him, I'd point out that he is not under suspicion for doping
but rather has merely been dropped from the Danish team...
Forum: Racing July 20th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By gds
Rasmussen Toast?

On Jul 20, 7:11 am, Davey Crockett
wrote:
What's Prudhomme gonna do about this bombshell?

Forum: Techniques July 13th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By gds
Bike helmet crushed, but head fine

On Jul 13, 11:06 am, wrote:
On May 14, 2:25 pm, wrote:

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/index.php?ntid=133934

Separate threads appeared about the...
Forum: Racing July 13th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 68

On Jul 13, 11:06 am, wrote:
On May 14, 2:25 pm, wrote:

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/index.php?ntid=133934

Separate threads appeared about the...
Forum: General July 13th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11

On Jul 13, 11:06 am, wrote:
On May 14, 2:25 pm, wrote:

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/index.php?ntid=133934

Separate threads appeared about the...
Forum: General July 12th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By gds
Gloves for Big guys

On Jul 12, 7:23 am, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:
"diner59" wrote in message

I'll...
Forum: General July 11th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By gds
An unusual flat

On Jul 11, 8:14 am, "David L. Johnson"
wrote:
gds wrote:
I'd think you'd need to be having lots of flats to make that procedure
time efficient. I think I gete...
Forum: General July 11th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By gds
An unusual flat

On Jul 11, 8:00 am, Fritz wrote:

If you need the strips use a thicker inner tube. Also, every couple
weeks (if you ride lots) then dismount the tire and move the strip...
Forum: Racing July 10th 07, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By gds
Carbon fiber thoughts

On Jul 9, 10:19 am, "giorgitd" t

How do you think the Boeing folks are addressing this? Their new
'dreamliner' is CF!

My guess is that they won't try to fly them after a crash.
Forum: General July 3rd 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By gds
tired of getting flats

On Jul 3, 9:42 am, Peter Cole wrote:

I don't know, whenever I flat I have to find the source, which means
finding the tube leak. That's the only time consuming part,...
Forum: General July 3rd 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By gds
tired of getting flats

On Jul 3, 6:14 am, Peter Cole wrote:

You don't patch?

Nope! When buying tubes in quantity they come out to about $2 per
tube. I get an average of a flat a month. So...
Forum: General July 2nd 07, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By gds
What is bonking?

On Jul 2, 10:20 am, Peter Cole wrote:
Roger Zoul wrote:
I'm curious as to what people here think is bonking. What causes it? What
are the variables involved?
Forum: General June 29th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 51
Posted By gds
Kid killed by dooring

On Jun 29, 10:48 am, Neil Brooks wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:13:21 -0700, gds wrote:
Most folks will check their side view
mirror and then...
Forum: General June 29th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 51
Posted By gds
Kid killed by dooring

On Jun 29, 6:47 am, "Roger Zoul" wrote:

Well, obviously, this was the most likely situation. No sane rider, even a
kid, would run into a door just sitting open.

It...
Forum: General June 29th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 51
Posted By gds
Kid killed by dooring

On Jun 29, 6:05 am, wrote:
David L. Johnson wrote:
So, you think the door was just left open? Doubtful. Certainly someone
was getting out of the car, and opened...
Forum: General June 28th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By gds
tired of getting flats

On Jun 28, 9:22 am, catzz66 wrote:
We have had an abnormal amount of rain this spring and early summer. I
have gotten just about every kind of flat but pinch...
Forum: General June 27th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By gds
Performance Bikes

On Jun 27, 1:43 pm, Dane Buson wrote:

I've always wondered about bike shops that are closed on Sundays. I
knew of one with those hours. Of course they closed a couple...
Forum: General June 27th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 51
Posted By gds
Kid killed by dooring

On Jun 27, 11:07 am, dgk wrote:
Note that in the article, the kid apparently just rode into a door and
lost control of his...
Forum: General June 27th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By gds
Grousing about ride leaders

On Jun 23, 10:46 pm, "Mike Kruger" wrote:
A few questions about club ride leaders.

It seems to me that complaining publicly to the ride leader during a ride is
Forum: General June 27th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By gds
Sitbone Issues

On Jun 27, 10:42 am, Paul wrote:
Hi All,

I've been bicycle commuting for about 1.5 years and two months ago
purchased a Specialized TriCross for riding to work and road...
Forum: General June 27th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By gds
Performance Bikes

On Jun 27, 10:15 am, catzz66 wrote:
There is a new Performance store moving in right across the freeway from
my office. Should I be happy?

My experience is...
Forum: General June 27th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By gds
Half-century, not out--WARNING LONG

On Jun 27, 8:38 am, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
gds wrote:

::
:: Roger, I know from other threads that you simply don't like me.
:: That's OK with me but really on this you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 352