Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim_Rob
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim_Rob
Has anyone ever tried this?

unstable;1167203 wrote:
riding a uni on a treadmill?

Yes, and I have a video to prove it.

unstable;1167203 wrote:
Why? Well, why do any of these things?
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim_Rob
Anyone ride a 29er muni with long cranks?

I ride MUni on a 29er w/ 190mm Profile cranks and I love it. I have long
legs and I relatively heavy (210lbs, or 94kg, or 15 stone depending on
how you are calibrated) so this set-up gives me the...
Forum: Unicycling August 5th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Jim_Rob
Uni commuters / magazine story

Hi Kris;

I commute on most days. It's only about 1.5 miles, I wish it was
longer. Most days I have my coffee mug in my hand but on this day it
was raining. My route is on residential streets, but...
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 07, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim_Rob
Uni the dog died

Hey Dan;

I'm really sorry for your loss. She was one of the friendliest dogs
I've ever met.

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Jim_Rob
Why Can't I Have These Trails

tibluni wrote:
I see you too live in boulder... are you going to the colorado muni
fest?http://www.coloradomuni.com/

Don't know yet.

tibluni wrote:
Also, when you say nate, do you mean...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Jim_Rob
Why Can't I Have These Trails

Klucker1020 wrote:
...no offense to all the older riders...its just my outlook on boulder
middle aged men that would contact a 16 year old to go for a ride with
him alone...hmmm somehow that...
Forum: Unicycling March 9th 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim_Rob
Weird non-hernia testicle issue -- any ideas?

Hi David;

Yes, the rapid growth is puzzling. I had a vasectomy 16 years ago, and
about 2 years ago I had a varicocelle that was uncomfortable,
especially when riding. I went to the urologist to have...
Forum: Unicycling March 8th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim_Rob
42mm Bearing clamp fabrication?

Check out this thread;

http://tinyurl.com/38zu9k

We have made both 40 and 42mm holders, and about 5 frames total. And we
just happen to have some bearing holders for sale. PM me if you...
Forum: Unicycling March 3rd 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim_Rob
Funny Work Safe poster

In an ironic twist of fate, I got appointed the lab safety officer a
couple of years ago. I'm putting this poster on the bulletin board. Do
you have a higher resolution version of it?

--...
Forum: Unicycling February 8th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 248
Posted By Jim_Rob
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

Mary Rios and I were on Denver local TV for our 169 seconds of fame.
Here is a link to their website;
http://cw2.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/?track=nav
You have to scroll down, we are just below...
Forum: Unicycling January 24th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim_Rob
29er tyres for mud?

vivalargo wrote:
I did a meager 18 inch drop and blew it off the rim.

May I ask what rim you were using? I just got a Weirwolf, which I plan
to put on my KH rim, and ride, just as soon as the...
Forum: Unicycling January 21st 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Jim_Rob
Who can bring me to moab ?

pyairot wrote:
I think the cheapest way for me is Denver, then moab by car...

Denver is definitely going to be the cheapest, and have the most
connecting flights. We are in Boulder (about 30...
Forum: Unicycling January 18th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim_Rob
unicycling a factor in career?

pkittle wrote:
I'm a full-time educator (college prof),

You teach at Chico St. PARTY SCHOOL! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't think unicycling was in any way associated with career choice
for...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 07, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim_Rob
29x2.55 WTB Weirwolf tire experiences

Dunno, I'll ask him for an update when he's back in town.

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

The Sage claims nothing, and so cannot be reproached, Lao...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim_Rob
29x2.55 WTB Weirwolf tire experiences

Thanks for the review. I am going to be getting a Weirwolf for my Beast
29er soon (my friend Walt @ waltworks.com is getting me one). I like
the Exiwolf, especially with the KH rim, but being...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Jim_Rob
Tyre pressure variation when riding Mythbusters experiment

kington99 wrote:
Nitrogen has been used in racing car tyres for years for the very reason
that it has a low coefficient of exspansion, so pressures vary little
as tyres warm up.

This is not...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Jim_Rob
Tyre pressure variation when riding Mythbusters experiment

semach.the.monkey wrote:
So... any of you physicists out there know how to calculate how fast
you'd have to pedal to acheive this?
STM

I'm a Physical Chemist so I'm not qualified, But, I...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Jim_Rob
Tyre pressure variation when riding Mythbusters experiment

PV = nRT

V might actually increase a bit if the rubber stretches. n will
decrease slightly with time as the gas diffuses out of the tube (a
neglible effect). T might increase slightly due to...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 06, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Jim_Rob
BC crash = Dislocated shoulder

maestro8 wrote:
Might I recommend, once you recover, to spend a few months in a Judo /
Aikido / Hapkido dojo to learn some basic falling skills?

You mean like...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 06, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Jim_Rob
Google patents

johnfoss wrote:
That probably depends on the dollar value of your vanity. :)

No kidding. Someone told me it cost $2500+ to get a patent these days.
I sometimes cut my own hair, that should...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Jim_Rob
Google patents

Me Grandpappy had some patents and I found them on there. Should I get a
vanity patent on my quick-release bearing holder?

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

The Sage claims nothing, and so cannot be...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 06, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Jim_Rob
Wide 29" tire

I ride an Exiwolf and really like it. Panaracer has just come out with a
new 29x2.35 tire called the Rampage (OK, dorky name). I haven't tried
it on account of being trapped on a ship for the last 2...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22