Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: T0m $herman
Forum: Techniques April 19th 15, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/15/2015 12:34 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
"T0m $herman" considered Tue, 14
Apr 2015 22:39:46 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 4/12/2015 4:06 PM,...
Forum: Techniques April 19th 15, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By T0m $herman
lifepaint?

On 4/16/2015 1:49 AM, James wrote:
Apply some of this to your shoes, maybe as large dots on your rims,
perhaps the cranks even. If you wear a helmet, it might void the
compliance, so best not...
Forum: Techniques April 19th 15, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/15/2015 1:42 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:

Well, I have a dualdrive 3x9 lying around, which I may get around to
building into a rear wheel for my Bacchetta if I can find a suitable
36 hole 559...
Forum: Techniques April 19th 15, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/17/2015 8:07 PM, wrote:
like SpaceX...

say cut the XXXX here...how many gears does Hebe friction loose the rider ?

or gear inches ?

now some drk isgona...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/14/2015 6:20 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Back in the 1980s, I met a guy with a recumbent set up with hundreds of
gears. I forget the details now, but IIRC an intermediate shaft was
part...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/14/2015 2:12 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
With a single chain using entirely off-the shelf parts, it would be
hard to beat an SRAM Dual Drive 3x9 with triple front chainrings (81
gears, although...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By T0m $herman
lifepaint?

On 4/13/2015 7:31 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 11:45:16 PM UTC-4, T0m $herman wrote:
On 4/8/2015 10:56 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I'm pretty skeptical...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By T0m $herman
lifepaint?

On 4/13/2015 8:52 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

One is forced to speculate on how much emphasis would be placed on
improving bicycle facilities if the cost of said facilities were borne
by the...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/13/2015 9:06 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 4:45:56 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/12/2015 6:04 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 7:23:54 PM...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/13/2015 10:10 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:

advice from Canada

I should start selling the empty bottles on eBay for $5 a piece to
Americans.

Canada is part...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/14/2015 8:38 PM, wrote:
up to page 5 no research or stats on potentials for infections recumbents vs regular frames

Insufficient statistical database.

--
T0m $herm@n
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/14/2015 6:16 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Heh. Last year our big wooded metropark did a Canada goose cull,
eliminating about 200 of the poop machines. The "letters to the editor"
section...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/13/2015 6:37 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:

If you wish yoghurt bacteria to reach your intestine you would need to
consume them rectally, not orally.

Instructional video:...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/12/2015 5:13 PM, Duane wrote:

Can I use that last bit as a tag line?

If you want, but I do not understand why.

--
Forum: Techniques April 15th 15, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/12/2015 4:06 PM, Graham wrote:
In the whole of my cycling life time (50 years) I have had two crashes with motor vehicles which both led to serious injuries one of which I carry to this day...
Forum: Techniques April 12th 15, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/11/2015 2:09 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
"T0m $herman" considered Fri, 10
Apr 2015 17:37:46 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 4/10/2015 6:10 AM, John...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/11/2015 11:29 AM, jbeattie wrote:
Frank, you're more fun than going to the tide pool and poking the sea anemones. Here's another...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/9/2015 11:23 AM, Duane wrote:
Some of the college students around here beat their bikes up so that no
one will steal them. It's usually funny because they're mostly low end
bikes to begin...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/7/2015 6:54 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
BTW, Oil of Rohloff is wonderful stuff. It is light and clean and very economical as you just lay a light bead on top of the chain, so that a little bottle...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/8/2015 5:36 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 9:28:13 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 1:52:20 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/10/2015 11:47 AM, Joerg wrote:
Are you from Germany?

Remittance man from SA is the word on the street.

--
T0m $herm@n
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 145
Posted By T0m $herman
Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/9/2015 5:05 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:
...Are Americans so poor that they can't save up for a
Rohloff hub if that would be the solution for their kind of riding and we
Europians can? Are we...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 15, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/10/2015 10:18 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Q: Why would bicycling be at or near the top in TBI _count_ for
"sports"? Would it have anything to do with the number of participants?

A:...
Forum: Techniques April 10th 15, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By T0m $herman
TODAYS RIDE

On 4/10/2015 2:21 PM, wrote:
itsa thunderstorm with poss toranado...vast falling liquid nitrogen for the great southern pine forest.

Raining down urine?

--
T0m $herm@n
Forum: Techniques April 10th 15, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By T0m $herman
Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/10/2015 5:02 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Yes, in this NG, it is code for a trivial skin injury worthy of a band-aid at most. Working ambulance, I saw motorcycle accidents where road rash went right...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500