Showing results 1 to 25 of 242
Search took 4.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gus
Forum: Techniques August 16th 13, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Gus
Riding a Bicycle Isnąt Protected Expression for First Amendment Purposes

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Yes, that's really why I end up rolling my eyes a lot at our legal
system. Simply being charged with a BS "crime" is punishment in and
of...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 13, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Gus
Riding a Bicycle Isnąt Protected Expression for First Amendment Purposes

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
On 8/16/2013 7:42 AM, John White wrote:
Some guy in western Massachusetts decided to be a bit of an...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 13, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Gus
Do you ride alone?

I used to ride with the bike club here, quite often. It was safe and
learned new places to ride. But most of the best rides I have had were
when I was alone, and didn't have a plan. Just a...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 13, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Gus
Back from tour

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message
I recently completed a really nice bike tour with my wife and a friend.
We rode...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 13, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Mirrors (Helmets left the building many posts back)

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message
I found it pretty simple to pull a mirror out of my pocket, take a
quick look, and put it back in my...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 13, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 650
Posted By Gus
Squirrel! was: "Choosing Lights for Your Bicycle: Ten No-Compromise Requirements" article

"Joy Beeson" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 20:29:56 -0400, John White

Forum: Techniques August 12th 13, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Amazing!

"Ian Field" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques August 12th 13, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 210
Posted By Gus
Merging in roundabouts

"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message

Tonight my buddy checked very carefully before riding his bicycle...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 13, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 210
Posted By Gus
Merging in roundabouts

"T0m $herman" wrote in message
On 8/11/2013 3:01 PM, Dan wrote:

I shouldered my bike and climbed the catwalk of a...
Forum: Techniques August 11th 13, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Helmets Work!

"sms" wrote in message
On 8/11/2013 4:05 AM, Gus wrote:

The least hated mirror was mounted on the handlebars, but it still
Forum: Techniques August 11th 13, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Helmets Work!

"T0m $herman" wrote in message
On 8/10/2013 12:01 PM, Gus wrote:
"Ian Field" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques August 11th 13, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Amazing!

"John B." wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:27:29 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 8/10/2013 11:28...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Amazing!

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

...There's also no single unconscious reaction that immediately
declares
that person to...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Helmets Work!

"Ian Field" wrote in message

I find mirrors more of a hinderance on a bicycle - if I went deaf, now
that would be a...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Amazing!

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 18:21:12 -0400, "Gus"
wrote:

"Jeff...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Nothing like an axe to grind was Helmets Work!

"T0m $herman" wrote in message
On 8/9/2013 6:34 AM, Gus wrote:
"T0m $herman" wrote...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Gus
Drink

"T0m $herman" wrote in message

In my experience [1] I function about as well suffering from
hyponatremia as with a BAC...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Nothing like an axe to grind was Helmets Work!

"T0m $herman" wrote in message

Churchill was a war criminal fortunate enough to always be on the
winning side. Not...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Nothing like an axe to grind was Helmets Work!

"T0m $herman" wrote in message
On 8/9/2013 6:34 AM, Gus wrote:
"T0m $herman" wrote...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Gus
Flat tire advice

"Andy K" wrote in message

Walking in the rain with lightning really s!ucks.

Changing the front is no...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 210
Posted By Gus
Merging in roundabouts

"Joy Beeson" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:37:29 -0400, "Gus"

Forum: Techniques August 10th 13, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Amazing!

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

Everyone lies and God of Truth is on vacation:
Forum: Techniques August 9th 13, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Replies: 349
Posted By Gus
Amazing!

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

Everyone lies and God of Truth is on vacation:
Forum: Techniques August 9th 13, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 210
Posted By Gus
Merging in roundabouts

"John B." wrote in message

A bit off topic but this "organics" stuff sort of makes me wonder.
Back in the day, we used...
Forum: Techniques August 9th 13, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 210
Posted By Gus
Merging in roundabouts

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message