Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Russell
getting serious about bike lanes.

On 4/08/2011 14:27, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 4/08/2011 1:16 PM, Jack Russell wrote:
On 4/08/2011 09:21, TimC wrote:
On 2011-08-03, Moike (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely...
Forum: Australia August 4th 11, 04:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

On 2011-08-03, Moike (aka Bruce)
http://tinyurl.com/3elwkl6

Remove the ?skin=text-only for the...
Forum: Australia July 26th 11, 04:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Russell
For Cadel Fans?

On 26/07/2011 08:29, Moike wrote:
On 25/07/2011 7:05 PM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=37337

I wonder if it would be worth much in...
Forum: Australia July 3rd 11, 10:21 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Russell
Bloody hell, wot's the go here??!!

On 3/07/2011 19:36, Geoff Lock wrote:
Coming back from Balmain this arvo, I noticed a whole heap of folks
cycling about in the city. Anyone would think Sydney is a bike friendly
city.

In...
Forum: Australia June 24th 11, 09:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Jack Russell
The use of a woolen scarf in cycling

On 24/06/2011 18:16, Rob wrote:
On 24/06/2011 4:17 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
Stuffed if I know what others do with their woolen scarves in cycling
but I use my woolen scarf to keep the neck and...
Forum: Australia May 4th 11, 10:18 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Russell
Mounting a pannier rack on a Trek road bike

On 4/05/2011 23:11, Travis wrote:
I've just gotten into a uni course and am back to bicycle commuting.
With my laptop and in particular the big steel U lock my bag is just
killing my back, so I...
Forum: Australia May 3rd 11, 02:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Russell
Wet weather in Sydney

On 3/05/2011 10:34, BT Humble wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
I am kinda limited in what I can carry in my back pack - it already
weighs about 8kgs :( I gotta take some tools out. :(

Panniers...
Forum: Australia January 17th 11, 09:18 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Jack Russell
folding bicycles

On 17/01/2011 21:00, BT Humble wrote:
Jack Russell wrote:
I bought one of their folders a a couple of months ago. Apart from the
Huge weight I could not raise the saddle high enough to fit...
Forum: Australia January 17th 11, 04:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Jack Russell
folding bicycles

On 2011-01-16, BT Humble (aka Bruce)
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
If you aren't going to ride far and you...
Forum: Australia December 24th 10, 08:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Jack Russell
the dark side

On 24/12/2010 18:37, Jack Russell wrote:
On 24/12/2010 10:45, Theo Bekkers wrote:
"Zebee wrote
Theo wrote:
"Zebee...
Forum: Australia December 24th 10, 08:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Jack Russell
the dark side

On 24/12/2010 10:45, Theo Bekkers wrote:
"Zebee wrote
Theo wrote:
"Zebee wrote

It is a...
Forum: Australia March 15th 10, 01:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Jack Russell
SMH Article: Sydney: the city that hates bikes

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:25:41 +1100
Jack Russell wrote:
Further on in the same edition is an article quoting Geoff Brabham on...
Forum: Australia March 14th 10, 09:25 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Jack Russell
SMH Article: Sydney: the city that hates bikes

K.A. Moylan wrote:
A U.S.A. academic was stunned by his experience, observes that "Sydney
is one of the developed world's most hostile cities for cycling".
Article is in the URL
Forum: Australia March 14th 10, 08:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Russell
Course at UNSW

http://unswbikeclub.org.au/2010/02/gain-confidence-on-your-bike-with-free-cycling-courses/

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Forum: Australia January 29th 10, 09:17 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

F Murtz wrote:
Moike wrote:
Peter wrote:
Jack Russell wrote:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/

I love the earlier poll:
Who should...
Forum: Australia January 29th 10, 02:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Jack Russell
Registration for cyclists online poll

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Forum: Australia January 21st 10, 03:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Jack Russell
Helmet laws discourage youth cycling

Claude wrote:
"Jack Russell" wrote in message

Anyway, let us agree to differ on this

--
Forgot to...
Forum: Australia January 21st 10, 01:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

Claude wrote:
"Jack Russell" wrote in message

I do not think it is a big assumption. In most European...
Forum: Australia January 20th 10, 08:55 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

Claude wrote:
"Jack Russell" wrote in message

The BMA has repeatedly said that cycling saves lives through...
Forum: Australia January 20th 10, 09:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Jack Russell
Helmet laws discourage youth cycling

You are right, badly expressed.
Seat belts save a huge number of lives and do not put people off car
travel. So why not make it compulsory.

Compulsory helmet wearing does put people off cycling so...
Forum: Australia January 20th 10, 03:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Jack Russell
Helmet laws discourage youth cycling

From the country that will not make seat belts compulsory in cars!

Claude wrote:
http://www.gse.uci.edu/docs/Carpenter_Stehr%20Bicycle_Manuscript_50409.pdf

ABSTRACT

Over 20 states have...
Forum: Australia November 13th 09, 05:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Jack Russell
Transportable road bike

I should also mention that if you get it done also have cable separators
fitted. I think they are made by Moulton.

Jack Russell wrote:
I thought one of the recumbent manufacturers stocked them. I...
Forum: Australia November 13th 09, 02:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Jack Russell
Transportable road bike

I thought one of the recumbent manufacturers stocked them. I have them
on my Thorn (UK). I must admit I do not use them as also have to remove
the frame, cranks, mudguards etc to get it into the...
Forum: Australia November 11th 09, 11:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Russell
Scully proves he's an idiot......

Apparently Scully works for Evans and peck. google their web site and
explain in English what they do!!!!

Stomper wrote:
Forum: Australia October 31st 09, 10:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Jack Russell
Handlebar bag suggestions

You can buy map holders (or you can in the UK).

Jack

Peter wrote:
Jack Russell wrote:

Rather than a rack top bag why no a saddlebag, I use a Carradice but
Showing results 1 to 25 of 156