Showing results 1 to 25 of 162
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DanKMTB
Forum: Techniques August 28th 09, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By DanKMTB
Gauge Accuracy

On Aug 26, 10:41*pm, someone wrote:
On 26 Aug, 18:12, " wrote:

We've recently established gauges are commonly inaccurate. *Is...
Forum: Techniques August 28th 09, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By DanKMTB
Gauge Accuracy

On Aug 26, 10:15*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Aug 26, 1:12*pm, " wrote:

We've recently established gauges are commonly inaccurate....
Forum: Techniques August 26th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By DanKMTB
(lack of) chain wear

On Aug 26, 2:42*pm, N8N wrote:
On Aug 26, 2:17*pm, DanKMTB wrote:

On Aug 26, 2:02*pm, N8N wrote:

On Aug 26,...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By DanKMTB
(lack of) chain wear

On Aug 26, 2:06*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
schreef:

So, with over 2000mi on my wipperman 10 speed chain, I figured it must
be stretched to...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 09, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By DanKMTB
(lack of) chain wear

On Aug 26, 2:02*pm, N8N wrote:
On Aug 26, 1:37*pm, " wrote:

So, with over 2000mi on my wipperman 10 speed chain, I figured it...
Forum: Techniques August 22nd 09, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 21, 7:24*pm, Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT
wrote:
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:42:47 -0700 (PDT), DanKMTB
wrote:

Update #2,...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 21, 1:45*pm, "Still Just Me -"
wrote:
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:42:47 -0700 (PDT), DanKMTB
wrote:

Just goes to show,...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 21, 1:20 pm, someone wrote:
As for the handlebars, I dont remember the fitting type. If its a
cone expander then as far as I'm aware the only problem would be...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 21, 12:03*pm, someone wrote:
On 21 Aug, 16:42, DanKMTB wrote:

On Aug 21, 11:16*am, DanKMTB wrote:

Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 21, 11:16*am, DanKMTB wrote:
Update: *After some emails with the right people locally, the bus
company has agreed to revise their bike policy. *Pedal removal will no
Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 14, 8:40 am, " wrote:
My road bike came with washers on the pedal spindles to go between the
pedal and crank. Since the pedals come off the bike...
Forum: General August 18th 09, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 18, 6:21*am, somebody wrote:
Lobster mitts seem to work the best, much warmer than gloves.

Also worth mention is winter motorcycling/snowmobile gloves. Not sure
if...
Forum: General August 18th 09, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 18, 7:24*am, Peter Cole wrote:
DanKMTB wrote:
On Aug 17, 2:45 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
wrote:
On Aug...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 09, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By DanKMTB
Pedal Washers?

On Aug 17, 8:04*pm, jim beam wrote:
DanKMTB wrote:
On Aug 15, 11:34 am, Jobst Brandt wrote:

Pedals and cranks should have an interface like an...
Forum: General August 17th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 17, 2:45*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 16, 1:14 am, Gone Fishin' wrote:
I'm moving from sunny California to...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By DanKMTB
DIY bike stands and SBC in the living room, was DIY bikestands and repair stations

On Aug 17, 12:55*pm, N8N wrote:
On Aug 16, 10:10*am, Andre Jute wrote:

PS If you've never kept a SBC in the livingroom, you haven't lived.
When...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 17th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11

On Aug 17, 12:55*pm, N8N wrote:
On Aug 16, 10:10*am, Andre Jute wrote:

PS If you've never kept a SBC in the livingroom, you haven't lived.
When...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By DanKMTB
DIY bike stands and repair stations

On Aug 16, 2:00*am, DaveC wrote:
I'd like to build a means to hold my bike up in my apartment so I can work on
it.

Anybody who cares to describe their DIY setup to hold...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 17th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By DanKMTB

On Aug 16, 2:00*am, DaveC wrote:
I'd like to build a means to hold my bike up in my apartment so I can work on
it.

Anybody who cares to describe their DIY setup to hold...
Forum: General August 17th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 17, 10:58*am, Peter Cole wrote:
DanKMTB wrote:
Here's what I ended up with for my friends wife: *http://tinyurl.com/nzrou9
Granted seat is slammed to the...
Forum: General August 17th 09, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 17, 9:43*am, Peter Cole wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:
(Tom Keats) considered Sun, 16 Aug 2009
18:33:29 -0700 the perfect time to write:

Forum: Techniques August 16th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 16, 6:29*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Nah, I was just ragging on Mike a bit. I've no doubt his customers
order fancy racing bikes from him, and very likely don't maintain...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 16, 5:38*pm, DanKMTB wrote:
And before that, it was thishttp://tinyurl.com/qcx58g

My apologies, this is the correct link for the previous winter...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 16, 4:49*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
On Aug 16, 5:54*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:

Andre Jute schreef:

On Aug 16, 7:14 am, Gone...
Forum: General August 16th 09, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By DanKMTB
Biking & bike care in winter?

On Aug 16, 12:31*pm, someone wrote:
On 16 Aug, 15:52, DanKMTB wrote:

Rim brakes can work poorly as the rims/pads freeze. *Many use disk
brakes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 162