Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Katuzo
Forum: General July 16th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

I like to announce that I am now the proud owner of a Giant Cypress
bicycle. I like to take this time to thank all of you, for your
helpful insights, experience and help you have given me to help...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

On Jul 13, 1:15 pm, wrote:
Only giant road bikes use this. Hybrids generally use a traditional
diamond frame so it doesnt matter. Where are you at? I dont think I
would...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

I dont like Giant because they were among the first who used the
crappy compact road geometry. So it's personal.

Compact geometry (CG) is ugly (or hideous in the extreme cases)...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

On Jul 12, 10:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Katuzo wrote:
Still have some issues I'd like to resolve however.
What are the disadvantages of a woman's bike...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

On Jul 12, 11:56*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:33*am, Katuzo wrote:

No problem. *We mechanical engineers are always happy to educate
Forum: General July 13th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

On Jul 12, 1:14*pm, wrote:
The 7100 price went up a bit than since my wife bought one. I would
suggest the OP try this as it seems ideal for their needs. *The C'dale
is a...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

Still have some issues I'd like to resolve however.
What are the disadvantages of a woman's bike over a man's?...

Greater weight and lower torsional frame rigidity. These are not
Forum: General July 12th 08, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

Just for the record, I've looked and there are no places that let me
demo a bike that is within 50 miles of where I live.

When I did look at the Sedona yesterday, one place had one that had a
14"...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

On Jul 12, 2:36 am, Chalo wrote:
Katuzo wrote:

How well do road bikes handle rain or grass, only talking about riding
a hundred feet or so?

"Road bikes" have...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

Test ride some bikes and see what you like.

Go to a couple of bike stores and try different machines. Including, but not
limited to, what they recommend. Tell them you don;t know what...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

My advice is to not focus too much on what seems like comfort. Soft
saddles feel better at first, but can cause havoc once you are riding
more than a few miles at a stretch. Dual suspension...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

Thanks for the info about rim size and comfort, I didn't see that in
any of my research so far.

So the Giant FCR3 (700cc), Giant Sedona (26"), Cannondale Comfort 5
(26") and the Redline D440 29er...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Katuzo
Selecting a Bike

Doctor told me to get a bike. Consumers Reports say Giant FCR3 is good
for exercising ( I'm 57, 5'7", 170 pounds). When I went to the LBS,
and told them I wanted a bike that was also comfortable, and...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13