Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: OughtFour
Forum: Rides December 23rd 09, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By OughtFour
Bike trail plowing?

wrote in message
Hello,

If there a bike trails in your city/town, do they keep them free of
Forum: General August 3rd 09, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By OughtFour
Bike repair stand

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,

I like using a plain old display...
Forum: General July 9th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By OughtFour
Bike paths that cross a road

"lsnadon" wrote in message
Here's my "hmmm, I wonder..."
So, finally, to my ponderment.......
Forum: Racing July 9th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By OughtFour
Bike paths that cross a road

"lsnadon" wrote in message
Here's my "hmmm, I wonder..."
So, finally, to my ponderment.......
Forum: Rides July 6th 09, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By OughtFour
seeking advice on touring in Provence, France inn2inn

"jim" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to provence this fall and am hoping to travel inn
Forum: Rides June 22nd 09, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By OughtFour
Inside of helmet fit pads .. ?? Replacements ~ ??

"Clyde Henpecker" wrote in message

What do ya do when the fit pads on the inside of the helmet
get worn out? Where can one...
Forum: General June 1st 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By OughtFour
bicycle travel on plane to France/Tour De France

" wrote in message

Do you know about the Rail Europe train and bikes?
I have...
Forum: Rides March 16th 09, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By OughtFour
Looking for 'inn to inn' bike tours in Europe

wrote in message
What are your recommendations for a good 1-2 week bike tour in
Europe. Ideally, we...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 08, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 117
Posted By OughtFour
Two tires

"Michael Press" wrote in message

No need to standardize. Less pattern in the tread is better.
When you say 27"...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 08, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 117
Posted By OughtFour
Two tires

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message

We've had a little experience with both and found the...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 117
Posted By OughtFour
Two tires

"landotter" wrote in message

I've used the 27" Zaffiro on a utility bike and found it to be a
marvelous tire for its price, quite durable,...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 117
Posted By OughtFour
Two tires

Could anyone compare & contrast the Vittoria Zaffiro versus the Panaracer
Pasella TG?

These are both wire beaded tires with Kevlar-like belts that come in 27"
sizes. I enjoy medium-length...
Forum: General August 29th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By OughtFour
Max speed misreading on wired computer

"Barry Harmon" wrote in message
The two numbers make it seem as if there is a switching between km and
miles...
Forum: General August 25th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By OughtFour
Could Bike Lanes Cause Pollution?

"Stephen Harding" wrote in message
The title of a WSJ article about a gadfly type in San Francisco
who had put SF aggressive bicycle...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By OughtFour
Selecting a Bike

"Katuzo" wrote in message
Doctor told me to get a bike. Consumers Reports say.... When I went to the
Forum: Techniques June 27th 08, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By OughtFour
Chafing chamois seam

"thejen12" wrote in message
On Jun 20, 5:35 pm, "OughtFour" wrote:

I think...
Forum: Techniques June 21st 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By OughtFour
Chafing chamois seam

"thejen12" wrote

(as did dusty ofsky--thanks for your thoughts all)

That would be the logical conclusion, eh? Though none less than Sheldon...
Forum: Techniques June 20th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By OughtFour
Chafing chamois seam

wrote in message

Again, since you didn't have a problem until the old saddle died,
let's get back to...
Forum: Techniques June 20th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By OughtFour
Chafing chamois seam

"Pat" wrote in message
Just wondering--is it your shorts? Are they slipping around a bit? Worn
out and too loose?

Thanks. I own 3...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By OughtFour
Chafing chamois seam

"smokey" wrote in message

Have you tried making adjustments to your saddle height and tilt?...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By OughtFour
Chafing chamois seam

Since the leather on my old saddle failed, I have tried three different
replacements and experienced the same problem, painful irritation where the
seam of my shorts rubs and chafes my tender...
Forum: Techniques May 29th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By OughtFour
Helmet pads

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article Rrz%j.2642$ZM.1478@trndny06,
Does it fit and stay put...
Forum: Techniques May 29th 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By OughtFour
Helmet pads

New helmet came with 4 oval pads with peel-off sticky backs and no
explanation of what to do with them.

There is some thinner padding installed in the helmet already

Probably this is obvious but I...
Forum: General April 21st 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By OughtFour
It Doesn't Take Many Spammers to Kill a Newsgroup

We can be as deft with filters as we like, but newbies see a wall of spam.
Forum: Techniques August 28th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By OughtFour
Saddle Care

"datakoll" wrote in message