Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keith F. Lynch
Forum: Social Issues April 10th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 1
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
No bikes on sidewalks. That's a sign of Banana Republic

dgk wrote:
I was riding in Chicago last summer and there are some streets where
the signs tell bikes to ride on the sidewalk because the roads
really are too narrow.

If the...
Forum: Social Issues April 9th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 591
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Pat wrote:
But Tom has a point, at least with the "why would I want to live
there" part. And I would also add the "why without a car" to that.

A city should have...
Forum: Social Issues April 8th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 591
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Pat wrote:
Never once will I bitch about the subway or busses or Verizon in the
tunnels. Never once will I have the commute from hell.

To clarify, that "commute"...
Forum: Social Issues April 7th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 591
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Dennis P. Harris wrote:
"Keith F. Lynch" wrote:
Does anywhere else have a better transit system?

San Francisco, where they've been doing it...
Forum: Social Issues April 7th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 591
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Pat wrote:
Oh, I don't want any one moving out here. STAY WHERE YOU ARE. I
was just wondering what would motivate someone to want to live like
that. It is...
Forum: Social Issues April 6th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 591
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Tom Sherman wrote:
This trip could have been done in less than half the time (and much
less aggravation) on a bicycle.

I know, and normally that's how I'd do...
Forum: Social Issues April 6th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 591
Posted By Keith F. Lynch
DC Metro (was Reckless, Aggressive Straphangers: Homegrown Terrorists)

Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= I've lived in NYC while being tight on cash, and $2/pop for a
subway ride can be painful, but not prohibitive.

Try DC. Trips are up to $4.50 each way. Even...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7