Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ray
Forum: Australia April 29th 09, 10:58 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By ray
cargocycle spotted

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:08:07 +1000
beerwolf wrote:
"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
Forum: Australia April 29th 09, 04:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By ray
rail trail

The Age this morning, (29/4) the Fed. Govt. to spend $13.4 million to
construct the Tallarook - Mansfield (Victoria) rail trail, 134 km long.
For those not familiar with this, the...
Forum: Australia April 28th 09, 05:47 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By ray
Roads to nowhere leave cyclists fuming - That's Melbourne!

Donald B Keogh wrote:
I am surprised that those Melbournians accustomed to commuting by
bicycle on the Gardiners Creek bike path have not rioted over the
alienation of the path by the Monash...
Forum: Australia April 10th 09, 06:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By ray
Stupidity

Peter wrote:
Here's something from the Bicycle Mackay list...

Hi Every-one,
Heard about this amazing act of stupidity that happened on a training
ride up at Airlie over the weekend and...
Forum: Australia April 2nd 09, 09:50 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By ray
Compulsory Bicycle Helmets cost Australia almost $500 millionp.a.

Davo wrote:
Tomasso wrote:
"terryc" wrote in message
http://www.cycle-helmets.com/

The...
Forum: Australia March 19th 09, 02:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 81
Posted By ray
Should bikes and cars use the same road space?

pm0203 wrote:
Have a Vote:

Should bikes and cars use the same road space?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25207487-952,00.html

Forum: Australia January 12th 09, 04:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By ray
trailer or panniers?

Kathy and Steve wrote:
Well we are getting organised for a couple of extended rides again this
year. The first is a 21 day ride - about 800ks on dirt formed roads and
approx 300kms bitumen....
Forum: Australia January 11th 09, 03:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By ray
So... I waited until last

terryc wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:11:56 +1100, ray wrote:

wrote:

to rely only on a friend... Friends, I've found, can be a little MIA
in a
pinch, and I...
Forum: Australia January 10th 09, 09:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By ray
So... I waited until last

wrote:
So... I waited until last second to realize that I'm running out of
time.
Seeing as I'm still a happily single mom, and due in a month, I just
wasn't
really...
Forum: Australia January 7th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By ray
A recently released report

wrote:
A recently released report by the Road Accident Prevention Research
Unit,
Dept of Public Health, University of Western Australia indicates that
bicycle helmet...
Forum: Australia November 26th 08, 09:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By ray
Mirror for road bike

Aeek wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:08:11 +1100, "Joseph"
wrote:

I just bought a mirror for my road bike. It is a Zefal Spy mirror. I am
having trouble finding...
Forum: Australia November 12th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By ray
Chain cleaning "machines"

wrote:
Hi all,

has anyone had any experience with the chain cleaners that allow you
to keep the chain on the bike? Recommendations would be appreciated,
as I don't like to...
Forum: Australia October 1st 08, 10:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By ray
Is there someome called Edward Dolan?

Patrick Turner wrote:
I don't think so.

Patrick Turner.
Only a Troll. Anyone referring to himself as `the Great' from Minnesota
most likely has a screw loose. Delete on sight.
Forum: Australia September 22nd 08, 11:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By ray
major overhaul

Nick Payne wrote:
You could try this instead of a tensioner (ignore the 2nd chain in the
photo): http://hired-goons.net/2x2/dscn4213.html.

"ray" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia September 19th 08, 06:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By ray
major overhaul

As I'm buggering off in the car for a few days next week, the bike will
be consigned to the LBS for its bi-annual service.
Apart from the usual tyres, brakes and one disintegrating brake/gear...
Forum: Australia August 9th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By ray
open season

Rob wrote:
ray wrote:
Surprised no-one else has bothered this year, but I usually note the
date when the bombing season starts, and today one had a go at me just
down the street. Now...
Forum: Australia August 9th 08, 08:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By ray
open season

Surprised no-one else has bothered this year, but I usually note the
date when the bombing season starts, and today one had a go at me just
down the street. Now they'll be after us until early...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 10:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By ray
problem with panniers and racks

PeteSig wrote:
"terryc" wrote:

First problem is that I can not find an image that shows the
mounting system on these panniers clearly. so,all I can suggest
is looking at UTE hooks to...
Forum: Australia May 25th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By ray
electric assisted bikes??

Rex wrote:
Hello all,

Some questions on electric assistance.

My wife has never done much riding. She wants to ride the bikes downtown to
do our shopping (petrol saver). We tow a...
Forum: Australia April 29th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By ray
tyres used on 40% of all bicycles are

wrote:
tyres used on 40% of all bicycles are "clincher"
type, also known as "on-wire." They consist of
an outer tyre with a v-shaped cross section,
Forum: Australia April 23rd 08, 10:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By ray
japanese cows

wrote:
japanese cows

Cheers

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)
snip!
As you appear to have nicked above logo from my friend Peter, would you
Forum: Australia April 22nd 08, 01:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By ray
Why is it that you can ride

wrote:
Why is it that you can ride 3,000 klms and not have one flat,
then in one week have three. Why is it so? Are 'high pressure'
more puncture proof than 'single'...
Forum: Australia April 13th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By ray
typical cyclists

wrote:
typical cyclists like to:
delete!
Hand me the shovel. The bulls---'s getting too thick.
Forum: Australia April 12th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By ray
The SUV of bicycles

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
Riding the Dandenong Creek bike track around Wantirna today (eastern
suburbs of Melbourne) I saw a guy on a petrol-powered bicycle, towing a
trailer with his dog in it....
Forum: Australia April 5th 08, 10:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By ray
zap zow

New LBS has got going on east side of Melb at Ferntree Gully. The guys
there are quite friendly and have just given me a motorized bike to play
with. Longer and more detailed assessment may follow...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107