Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jean
Forum: Techniques August 17th 11, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Jean
headset conversion

"landotter" wrote in message
On Aug 16, 6:47 pm, "Jean" wrote:
My old mountain bike...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 11, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Jean
headset conversion

My old mountain bike has a 1" headset mounted in a 36mm OD aluminum head
tube. Is it possible to install a 1 1/8" headset given bike's head tube
size?

Jean
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Jean
care of new chain

I've got a new bike and I've put about 200 miles on it. So far I've been
relying on the KMC chain's original packing grease for lubrication. How long
do y'all usually go using the original...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 11, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"Duane Hebert" wrote in message
On 7/7/2011 7:03 PM, Jean wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Techniques July 8th 11, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message
"Jean" considered Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:00:50 -0500 the
perfect time to...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 11, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"landotter" wrote in message
On Jul 7, 7:00 am, "Jean" wrote:
"James"...
Forum: Techniques July 7th 11, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"Peter Howard" wrote in message

"Jean" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques July 7th 11, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"Duane Hebert" wrote in message
On 7/7/2011 8:02 AM, Jean wrote:
"Duane wrote in message
Forum: Techniques July 7th 11, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"Duane Hebert" wrote in message
On 7/6/2011 9:10 PM, Jean wrote:
I just got a new bike and it came with Mavic CXP22 rims - the rims with
Forum: Techniques July 7th 11, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

"James" wrote in message
Jean wrote:
I just got a new bike and it came with Mavic CXP22 rims - the rims with
the wear...
Forum: Techniques July 7th 11, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Jean
Braking power with new rims

I just got a new bike and it came with Mavic CXP22 rims - the rims with the
wear indicator groove on the rim's wall. I've noticed that the brakes
(Tektro) on this bike don't stop anywhere near as...
Forum: Techniques April 7th 11, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Jean
Good and bad

wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 07:32:55 -0400, "Jean" wrote:

wrote in...
Forum: Techniques April 6th 11, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Jean
Good and bad

wrote in message
.... snip

Good: The cheap Nashbar chain checker lets me check my chain in half a
dozen spots with no...
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 11, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Jean
steerer tube problem

"AMuzi" wrote in message
Jean wrote:
"Chalo" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 11, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Jean
steerer tube problem

"AMuzi" wrote in message
Jean wrote:
I have an older bike with a steel fork that has a threaded steerer
column. The...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 11, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Jean
steerer tube problem

"Chalo" wrote in message
Jean wrote:

I have an older bike with a steel fork that has a...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 11, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Jean
steerer tube problem

I have an older bike with a steel fork that has a threaded steerer column.
The stem is currently at the "minimum insertion" mark and I wanted to lower
it a bit, but I found that the stem could not...
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 11, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 234
Posted By Jean
Tips on carbon fiber WSD bikes?

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

"Jean" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 11, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 234
Posted By Jean
Tips on carbon fiber WSD bikes?

"Jay Beattie" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 11:43 am, "Jean" wrote:
I'm looking to...
Forum: Techniques January 1st 11, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 234
Posted By Jean
Tips on carbon fiber WSD bikes?

I'm looking to replace my old road bike with a carbon fiber model. My
criteria a women's specific design, comfy for all day riding, smooth
riding, light weight, Shimano 105 components, and...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 10, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Jean
compatibility of cassette cogs

Although I doubt it, I wanted to check and make sure - are SRAM 10-speed and
Shimano 10-speed cassette cogs interchangeable? Are Shimano 8, 9, and
10-speed cassette cogs...
Forum: Techniques March 14th 10, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 80
Posted By Jean
6'6" beginner rider wonders: 62cm or 64cm Trek frame?

"Peter Cole" wrote in message
Jean wrote:
"Peter Cole" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques March 13th 10, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 80
Posted By Jean
6'6" beginner rider wonders: 62cm or 64cm Trek frame?

"Peter Cole" wrote in message

....major snippage

I have a similar collection. I paid $450 for a new 68 cm Cannondale...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Jean
Cadence and knees

wrote in message

....snip

Curious where my cadence actually was, I put a cadence computer on my
bike. ...
Forum: Techniques April 1st 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Jean
Something missing today

"Mike Iglesias" wrote in message
| It's April 1st, and something is missing... The annual ShelBroCo new
product
| posting. With...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34