Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: fuolornis
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By fuolornis
Traveling across the U.S. and Canada (with a car)

If you're in Sequoia Nat'l park, you're pretty close to LA - I'm sure
that someone here will be willing to ride with you and lend you their
couch for a night or two.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By fuolornis
Gliding

I'm trying a different way of learning to glide right now - I can't
wheelwalk, but I'm trying to transition from one-foot riding into
gliding. Doesn't work very well, but I'm better at that than...
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By fuolornis
Today I... (brag thread)

Yesterday I managed to take my second foot off the pedal and attempt to
coast/glide for the first time! I made it a whole 8 inches!

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By fuolornis
Today I... (brag thread)

SycoJeff wrote:
i got a fakieflip and and backflip today and i almost got a hickflip off
a 6 in. drop:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A hickflip? Is that when you rotate your hillbilly 180 degrees...
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By fuolornis
Today I... (brag thread)

joemarshall wrote:
I rode 12km in 32:44, meaning 22km/h (13.6 mph) average.

Including a big crash, and some bumpy bits that you couldn't ride flat
out. The rest I rode at 24 km/h pretty...
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By fuolornis
Today I... (brag thread)

Chrashing wrote:
Those skills are worth bragging about. cool!

Well, at my skill level they are...not at the level of anyone else on
this board!

--
fuolornis
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

aequanim wrote:
"Where's your other -wheels-?"

Did they expect you to have a collection?

--
fuolornis
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

thejdw wrote:
There also good if you want to do a pedal drive of an object.

Yeah, I'll take your word for it - because, you see, I TOTALLY suck as
a rider and I have no idea what that is....
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By fuolornis
Today I... (brag thread)

So, I think it would be pretty cool if there was a thread here for
people to

--
fuolornis
fuolornis's Profile:...

Chris.James wrote:
no, its where you jump off the unicycle and spin it under you. With a
180 you land with the unicycle backwards

Oh. WAY out of my league.

--
fuolornis
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ilosttheotherwheel wrote:
ok ive been practicing unispins for at least a total of 15 hours and
still havent landed a single one. ive been practicing everyday for a
month now and cant even land...
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By fuolornis
How much have you spent on Unicycling this year

20 bucks getting ripped off at my LBS. Other than that, about 300 to
get a Bedford 29" pretty soon.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 25th 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By fuolornis
Parental problem

24" is better, because you can go relatively long distances on it and
still do tricks easily.

--
fuolornis
fuolornis's...

You know, when I saw this topic, I was SURE it was another person going
"how do I keep from hurting my balls when I ride?"

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 24th 07, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By fuolornis
backpacking on a uni?

I can't edit my post for some reason...but it's in Denmark, not Norway.
Sorry for the confusion.

--
fuolornis
fuolornis's...

Saul_nova wrote:
Just curious how feasable of an idea a unicycle would be for me as
regular transportation. I can skateboard just fine while wearing a
daypack with 30 lbs of stuff in it, but...
Forum: Unicycling March 24th 07, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By fuolornis
backpacking on a uni?

There's some sort of unicycling convention in Norway or somewhere up
there in summer 2008...a few friends and I are going, and we were
thinking of doing a backpacking trip on our unis...
Forum: Unicycling March 24th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By fuolornis
Kids commuting

I'm 15 and I ride everywhere I go that's close enough to ride, including
school, on my Torker CX (with a KH saddle) or on my Qu-Ax 24" MUni if
it's offroad. I'm getting a Bedford 29" with KH fusion...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By fuolornis
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Yesterday I made a skateboarder fall off his board and tumble down a
staircase just by being within line of sight. From the bottom, he
yelled "Keep rockin', brudda!"

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 18th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By fuolornis
36" Schlumpf stolen

When you find out who did it, can I be part of the "beat the ******* up"
committee? Please?

--
fuolornis
fuolornis's...

I wear Teva strap-on sandals when I'm not doing any serious riding and
it's not cold outside. When I'm practicing tricks or MUniing, I wear
sneakers or (rarely) hiking boots. No idea what brand...
Forum: Unicycling February 13th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 68
Posted By fuolornis
LOS ANGELES MUNI RIDER CASTING CALL for 2/14 pays $2,400

Good luck, Terry. Think you can make it down the (gasp) hill?

--
fuolornis
fuolornis's Profile:...

I thought about getting a 36", because I like the bigger diameter
(coughcompensationcough), but I'd heard elsewhere on this site that
36ers didn't work well on sidewalks.

--...
Forum: Unicycling February 13th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By fuolornis
New Video: Uni-Geezer 4: "Reaching New Heights"

MuniAddict wrote:
Yo that wasn't you in that vid, it was a mtb-er that did it! I
accidentally erased the footage we shot from a couple week ago. I
wouldn't forget to give you credit, but in...
Forum: Unicycling February 12th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By fuolornis
new uni - recommendations?

I don't really know what the difference is between the different tyres
you can get for the Yuni...can anyone clear that up?

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37