Showing results 1 to 25 of 71
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil, Non-Squid
Forum: Techniques January 29th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
3" gazzalodi and single crown fork?

wrote:
On Jan 24, 10:57 pm, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
Rigid or sus alu frame?

--
Phil

Phil, & list:
Forum: Techniques January 28th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
i am new from new palce

anup wrote:
hi everyone, my name is arjun bista from Nepal.lots of people dont
know where is Nepal and how is it! Nepal Located between India and
China.anyway i am very interested person for...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Brake block toe-in

wrote:
I have a Giant OCR2 road bike and decided to replace the rear brake
blocks on the Tektro dual pivot brakes.

The old blocks were Tektro P453 (one piece rubber)...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
3" gazzalodi and single crown fork?

wrote:
To the list:

I am putting together a 4X hardtail bike with lite DH capability for
the Handmade Bicycle Show in San Jose, 1st weekend in March. The
reference...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Frame alignment question

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
I remember back in the 1970s having to file dropouts in order to
get a wheel to sit in straight. I saw a beautiful new Bob Jackson
Forum: Mountain Biking January 23rd 07, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
NiteRider Digital NiteOwl Problems Redux

wrote:
I have a NiteRider Digital NiteOwl that I bought in 2000/2001 and have
been using it fairly regulary since then but here and there over the
last 5-6 years it has...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Rims rubbing brakes while cornering

Werehatrack wrote:
On 22 Jan 2007 19:34:17 -0800, "Bugbear" may
have said:

Is this something I should be concerned about?

When I take corners at a not too...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 22nd 07, 11:40 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
All Mtn seat?

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
Not that I would know since I haven't
ridden for fun in 6 months...

Why? And why are you no longer a squid? Did you get in trouble?

I...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 22nd 07, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
All Mtn seat?

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I...
Forum: Techniques January 19th 07, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Frame alignment question

I remember back in the 1970s having to file dropouts in order to get a
wheel to sit in straight. I saw a beautiful new Bob Jackson from that
era that had one chainstay 1/2" shorter than the...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Burning rubber

wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:47:15 -0700, wrote:

I've seen videos of bicycle messengers doing rear-tire skids, but
they were always balancing...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Burning rubber

wrote:
Carl Fogel writes:

Where's the hat rack writes:

I've seen videos of bicycle messengers doing rear-tire skids,
but they were always...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 17th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Giant frames question

Slack wrote:
Anyone familiar with Giant sales here in the US?

A little bit.

I'm looking for a Reign frame (only), but I'm only finding sales
overseas (mainly the UK).

Does Giant even sell...
Forum: Techniques January 17th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Burning rubber

wrote:
I've seen videos of bicycle messengers doing rear-tire skids, but they
were always balancing delicately, going straight, and not wearing long
robes and sandals:

Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Stronger return spring for front der?

Dave wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
When you said "their prescribed fix," who is "they?" Your LBS? I
would look for a second opinion.

--
Phil

Its a Klein Palomino, using a...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Stronger return spring for front der?

Dave wrote:
I have a full sus MTB whose design makes for some difficult front
shifting under pressure. Their prescribed fix is to use a DA triple
FD because of the stronger return spring. I...
Forum: Techniques January 15th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Stripped single speed hub

Paul wrote:
This autumn, I converted a road bike to a fixed gear 34/15. I had
purchased a wheel with a QuandoXT fixed/free hub. My cog was not wide
enough to be held in place by the...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 07, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Campy rear derailleurs excessive dish and Ergo speed changes to freewheel/cassette

The difference, as I understand it, is that on a Shimano hub, the
freehub and hub body are one-piece.

No. You can easily take the steel Shimano hub body off the hub shell
with a...
Forum: Techniques January 12th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Headset tightening on its own

wrote:
Almost went down when I suddenly couldnt keep the bike stable.
Examined and found that Headset was way too tight and this happened as
I was riding, probably more...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Assign a person to a category!

Check this out:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

This site categorizes many types of internet personalities here... Care to
attribute a couple? I'll start off:

Gene Daniels (g.daniels)...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 10th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Mountain Biker Murderer?

Coyoteboy wrote:
S Curtiss wrote:
Typical and PATHETIC! You get called out on the carpet for spewing
half a story (just as you spew only the "research" you can claim
supports your...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 10th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Mike Vandeman Murderer?

cc wrote:
Ist-e Mundus, Furia bundus wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
Capture of Graeme Burton - Outline of...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 07, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Ritchey WCS compact crank, any comments?

jim beam wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
jim beam wrote:
bfd wrote:
RS wrote:
I want to try a compact on a bike with an Ultegra 6500 crank on
it now and see the Richey...
Forum: Techniques January 9th 07, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

jim beam wrote:
bfd wrote:
RS wrote:
I want to try a compact on a bike with an Ultegra 6500 crank on it
now and see the Richey WCS compact crank uses the same octalink BB.
Anyone...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Price of electricity for an electric bicycle.

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
"Phil, Non-Squid" wrote: