Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dan
Forum: Techniques June 14th 10, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Dan
Good bike shop in Winnipeg, CA?

I called a number of shops in Winnipeg looking for the Jamis explorer II
which was kindly recommended to me here for a friend who lives in the
city, but none of them carry it. I actually live in...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 10, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Dan
Bike recommendations for a friend, please.

On 6/13/2010 9:27 PM, SMS wrote:
On 12/06/10 1:52 PM, Dan wrote:
I have a woman friend who is slightly on the heavy side, and is thinking
of getting into biking. She is about 30 years old,...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 10, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Dan
Bike recommendations for a friend, please.

I have a woman friend who is slightly on the heavy side, and is thinking
of getting into biking. She is about 30 years old, and while she has
biked a bit in the past, it was limited then, and it's...
Forum: Techniques June 11th 10, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Dan
Infuriating crank click on Trek 7100

On 6/11/2010 1:35 PM, Dan wrote:
On 6/3/2010 11:24 PM, Dan wrote:
I have a Trek 7100 which is about 5 years old. Has about 2,000 miles on
it (couldn't ride for the last 3 years or so for...
Forum: Techniques June 11th 10, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 6/3/2010 11:24 PM, Dan wrote:
I have a Trek 7100 which is about 5 years old. Has about 2,000 miles on
it (couldn't ride for the last 3 years or so for health reasons, am
resuming now). As...
Forum: Techniques June 6th 10, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Dan
Good online parts source?

On 6/6/2010 6:47 AM, kolldata wrote:
try a stethescope: water pipe 2-3' long. hang the bike with rope, turn
the drive train, locate the noise. also interesting: use earplugs,
place forehead on...
Forum: Techniques June 6th 10, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Dan
Good online parts source?

On 6/5/2010 11:30 PM, Chalo wrote:
Dan wrote:

Hence my question; what is a good online parts source?

All of the following have been cost-effective, prompt, and
conscientious in dealing...
Forum: Techniques June 6th 10, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Dan
Good online parts source?

On 6/5/2010 11:25 PM, Dan wrote:
However, the spaced in between the sealed

Supposed to be "SPACER", not SPACED.

I was SPACED when I wrote it, I guess ;-)

Dan
Forum: Techniques June 6th 10, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Dan
Good online parts source?

On 6/5/2010 11:10 PM, James wrote:

This is a cartridge BB yeah? What about where the bearings seat into
the cups? The Shimano BB cups have a bit of blue chewing gum in them
to help seat the...
Forum: Techniques June 6th 10, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Dan
Good online parts source?

Posted earlier about this maddening "click" I'm getting from the
crankset on my Trek 7100. Rode today, it's definitely the crank/bottom
bracket, I can feel it in my right foot. So tonight, I...
Forum: Techniques June 5th 10, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Dan
Infuriating crank click on Trek 7100

On 6/4/2010 8:18 AM, Mark J. wrote:

Clicks are notoriously hard to locate. Overhauling the BB sounds
reasonable even for basic maintenance. It's probably a cartridge BB,
given its young age,...
Forum: Techniques June 4th 10, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Dan
Infuriating crank click on Trek 7100

I have a Trek 7100 which is about 5 years old. Has about 2,000 miles on
it (couldn't ride for the last 3 years or so for health reasons, am
resuming now). As long as I've had the bike, it has...
Forum: Techniques April 5th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Dan
Slipping exercise bike freewheel

"Werehatrack" wrote in message

It's probably a roller one-way clutch...

Thanks for the reply. I've worked on a...
Forum: Techniques April 5th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Dan
Slipping exercise bike freewheel

3 year old Schwinn 113 exercise bike, ridden about 60 miles/week. Has a
belt driven flywheel with an eddy current resistance mechanism. Recently,
the peddles have begun to briefly lose...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14