Showing results 1 to 25 of 349
Search took 7.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tosspot
Forum: UK January 4th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Nick wrote:
Tosspot wrote:
Martin Bulmer wrote:
Tosspot wrote:
If you get 3:1 against me you
must be 4,500-6000 a year.

That's about right, then. Thanks.

Yeah, but I...
Forum: UK January 4th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Martin Bulmer wrote:
Tosspot wrote:
If you get 3:1 against me you
must be 4,500-6000 a year.

That's about right, then. Thanks.

Yeah, but I reckon on two years out of mine with a bit of...
Forum: UK January 4th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Martin Bulmer wrote:
Tosspot wrote:
Martin Dann wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
On 01/01/2008 23:24, Pete Biggs said,

Yebut you might as well have some pure use of the original...
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Tosspot
What is meant by 'cyclocross'?

Jonathan Campbell wrote:
Jonathan Campbell wrote:
What distinguishes a 'cyclocross' bike from a 'normal' road bike?

Thanks everyone, that tells me what I needed.

As you may have...
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 07:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Martin Dann wrote:
Pete Biggs wrote:

Another method would be to completely disassemble the chain and grease
the 570 parts individually. Well, it's one way to spend the Christmas
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 05:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Simon Brooke wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:

I reckon a hot grease bath will work pretty much as well, but I'm not
sure...
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 06:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Martin Dann wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
On 01/01/2008 23:24, Pete Biggs said,

Yebut you might as well have some pure use of the original lube
before the first re-lube is needed. That...
Forum: UK January 3rd 08, 06:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

vernon wrote:
"Tosspot" wrote in message
Rob Morley wrote:
In article , vernon
Forum: UK January 2nd 08, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Tosspot
New Chain

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , vernon
says...
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
Forum: UK December 31st 07, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Tosspot
white LED front light, with standby for hub dynamo?

bugbear wrote:
TerryJ wrote:
Is there such a thing at a sane price?
As I understand matters (and looking at commercial
white LED torch prices) an LED front light,
with a...
Forum: UK December 31st 07, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

bugbear wrote:
renum wrote:
bugbear wrote:
Is there such a thing at a sane price?

As I understand matters (and looking at commercial
white LED torch prices) an LED front...
Forum: UK December 31st 07, 07:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Tosspot
New Commuter bike

Mark T wrote:
Rubbish. Any correctly installed, designed and maintained rim brake
will lock or lift the rear wheel. How can a brake be more effective
than that?

By not having...
Forum: UK December 11th 07, 02:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Tosspot
New Commuter bike

Peter Clinch wrote:
David Damerell wrote:

Steel rims have not been commonplace for many years now. There's no reason
a rim brake should not work properly in the wet.

FSVO "properly". ...
Forum: UK December 6th 07, 09:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Tosspot
test

wrote:
test it

Mines a pint of Old Peculier if you please.
Forum: UK December 3rd 07, 09:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Tosspot
New Commuter bike

permajeo wrote:
I need (want:note by Wife) a new commuter. I was recently quite taken by
a Giant Escape N7 that a young lady I know had as a courtesy bike from
one of our LBSs. I now think I...
Forum: UK December 3rd 07, 06:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Tosspot
Best bike for a long commute

newsgroup wrote:
OK. Now that I've dipped my toe into the pool thought I'd try another.

For health reasons I have to increase my level of exercise. I already
cycle at weekends off road at a...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 03:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Tosspot
Lighting

Robert Norton wrote:
There's a big variety of lighting systems cheap and dear. I dont want
anything that will light up a dark moorland road. Just something to make me
safe at night in traffic. ...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tosspot
B+M Lumotec IQ

Paul Boyd wrote:
Tosspot said the following on 29/11/2007 17:17:

I'm watching this with interest as well. That IQ perked my interest
as a bloody bright light for not much drag, which is...
Forum: UK November 29th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tosspot
B+M Lumotec IQ

Peter Clinch wrote:
Tosspot wrote:

I'm developing a collection, I have the Lumotec Oval Senso Plus Bingy,
replaced by a D-Lumtotec Oval Senso Plus Bingy, which I have to say is
not...
Forum: UK November 29th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tosspot
B+M Lumotec IQ

M-gineering wrote:
Tosspot wrote:

I'm developing a collection, I have the Lumotec Oval Senso Plus Bingy,
replaced by a D-Lumtotec Oval Senso Plus Bingy, which I have to say is
not...
Forum: UK November 29th 07, 06:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Tosspot
Crash!

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:35 GMT,
(Ekul Namsob) wrote:

Tom Crispin wrote:

I took a...
Forum: UK November 29th 07, 06:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tosspot
B+M Lumotec IQ

vernon wrote:
"Tosspot" wrote in message
Matt wrote:
Had the first commute with the new B+M Lumotec IQ Fly front light...
Forum: UK November 27th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tosspot
B+M Lumotec IQ

Matt wrote:
Had the first commute with the new B+M Lumotec IQ Fly front light (LED
thing). I bought it as a replacement for a standard B+M Lumotec Oval which
I found to be inadequate for...
Forum: Techniques November 18th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Tosspot
Citric acid chain cleaning fluid

datakoll wrote:

a database with a sense of humor!

Black Magic Mag Wheel Cleaner-06/17/2002
Disposal: MSDS:
Dispose of residual products and empty containers responsibly.

This...
Forum: UK November 17th 07, 11:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Tosspot
Buying a folding bike...

Adam wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a new bike for commuting in London and it looks
like it's going to have to be a folding one, for storage and train
reasons. I'm looking for advice!...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 349